Sineoji PL1800E Plug Support Thread

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
ah ok then :( i was hoping for some QOS settings or channel changes so i could try and tweak and get better results :)

House has 2 levels and 2 points that I am connecting are both going to the central point (and back) so that is why I get poor speeds .... but between 2 points in the same room (though both are going to the same 'central' place) i was getting 200mbps which was cool.

thanks for your support !

ps. my issue was not poor internet speed ... web pages dont open 5 times faster if one gets 30 or 200mbps ... downloads / torrents do go faster that is true ... but im pleased with my lan/server/downloader sucking at 60mbps+ instead of 30mpbs+... my key objective with Sineoji was to connect another PC for moving movie files and backing up. either way, though disappointed a bit, i dont think one can do better today then with Sineoji PL1800E ;)

Dear Gahabana,

No worries. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be glad of service to send our staff down should you encounter any issues.

Cheers.
Sineoji

Darshu

Reaction score
Darshu

Kindly PM me so that I can schedule an onsite visit to your residence.

We encounter an incident with a consumer that is similar to what you have encountered. It was an appliance within the home that is affecting the downfall of the download speed. He manage to isolate the problem by identifying some potential appliances and it was the air purifier. He turned it off and everything went well.

If you are placing side by side and yet your download speed is lower than your upload, there might be an appliance that could have triggered this as it is drawing a load across the powerlines.

Nevertheless, I will schedule a visit to your residence to check it out.

Sineoji

Thanks sineoji to come by my house to check for me. Good service!

But unfortunately my dl speed is still cap at 130~150Mbps at no matter what power point i plug into. Nothing wrong with the homeplug as they have personally took it back to the lab and test it.
The funniest part is my home electric wiring is still in good condition, where the tx/rx is almost or over 1Gbps on most of the power point.

So its abit plug and pray here, which is my honest view. Hopefully a firm ware upgrade is possible to fix the issue.

And thanks again for the great service & support!:)

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks sineoji to come by my house to check for me. Good service!

But unfortunately my dl speed is still cap at 130~150Mbps at no matter what power point i plug into. Nothing wrong with the homeplug as they have personally took it back to the lab and test it.
The funniest part is my home electric wiring is still in good condition, where the tx/rx is almost or over 1Gbps on most of the power point.

So its abit plug and pray here, which is my honest view. Hopefully a firm ware upgrade is possible to fix the issue.

And thanks again for the great service & support!:)

Dear Darshu

This afternoon our support staff visited your residence on the last follow up where we have upgraded a customise firmware to your pair of PL1800E due to your unique home powerline infrastructure.

I was also being informed that with customise firmware flashed , the down link and up link between 2 local and remote PCs on the same power strip was 300+ mbps.

Do let us know as you continue to monitor situation.

Sineoji

goodwin

Reaction score
Nice $149...

PL1800E-Trade-in.jpg

eventidephoenix

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, is it adviseable to plug a homeplug along a multi-extension cord? I'm trying to think of a way to stuff this in my set up now.

Reaction score
Will the speed get affected if I plug onto extension plug instead onto wall main socket ? Cause my power point beside my fibre point only 1 socket... Currently I'm using Aztech HL115EP passthrough ....Don't know if it worth the upgrade to Sineoji 1800mbps? Thank you

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Will the speed get affected if I plug onto extension plug instead onto wall main socket ? Cause my power point beside my fibre point only 1 socket... Currently I'm using Aztech HL115EP passthrough ....Don't know if it worth the upgrade to Sineoji 1800mbps? Thank you

cashcheque2000,

It will be appropriate that we have our support staff coming over to your residence to run some test and determine what is best based on your current powerline infrastructure.

Is this a condo, hdb or landed ?

Let me know so that I can coordinate this arrangements.

Sineoji

blakbyte

Reaction score
For my case, I was getting consistently 20+ to 40+Mbps Speedtest from my study room PC. Router is in the living room. The dehumidifying cabinet in the study was identified as the cause. After I switched it off, I can get consistent 40+ to 60+ Mbps Speedtest.

As I must leave the cabinet turned on 24x7, what I did was to "isolate" the dehumidifying cabinet from the home electrical circuit by using a surge protector plug. It's a Belkin (sort of like a pass through homeplug) and has the ability to filter EMI and RFI noise. So I'm hazarding a guess that it smoothens out electrical surges from the dehumidifying cabinet thus improving the 1800 performance.

I have now moved all my computer equipment (PC, NAS, printer, sound system, switch) behind a 6 plug surge protector and interestingly I'm now achieving 80+ Mbps.

tommy99

Reaction score
Hi

Bought a pair of this Sineoji 1800 .

It keeps disconnecting randomly and take a few minutes to connect again.

Very frustrating.

Best regards

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi

Bought a pair of this Sineoji 1800 .

It keeps disconnecting randomly and take a few minutes to connect again.

Very frustrating.

Best regards

Tommy99,

Kindly PM a number where I can reach you and I will make the necessary arrangements to have our staff to check on the root cause of the random disconnectivity at your residence.

Random disconnectivity can occurs when the electrical noise attenuation factor hits all time high causing the homeplugs to disconnect.

We will be able to check with our diagnostic tools.

Sineoji

ahtancw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about plugging it into the multihead plug into the wall socket? Is the speed affected then

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
How about plugging it into the multihead plug into the wall socket? Is the speed affected then

ahtancw,

Good question. Yes or no. It depends what are the appliances on the multihead plug. If the multihead plug has power charges, it might interfere.

We can have someone come over and do a test so that at least you have an expectation what you will be achieving with that multihead plug.

Sineoji

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.