Singtel 1 Gbps Fibre

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just renewed from 500M to 1G

the customer agreement says New Equipment Model: AC Plus (self collect)

but no instructions on when / where to collect

for the upgrade in speed, singtel just activate from their end and we wait?

Collection is usually at Serv+, you should receive an email for that.

I got the AC Plus as well from Serv+ in Orchard when I upgraded from 500Mbps to 1Gbps in September 2018. No change on ONT. But later I did one to one change of the ONT due to loose power contact after using it since Feb 2011. No change to ONR for me and I do not want ONR either.

https://www.plusserv.com/contact-us

As for the upgrade, no action from your side other than changing to the new AC Plus router if your existing router does not support 1Gbps.

In my case I was issued a Two Wire Router in 2011 and replaced with a Pace router in 2012. So I was issued the AC Plus in 2018. But in reality I started to use my own Linksys WRT1900AC router since 2014 so I do not really need to change the router. Still I tested the AC Plus for a few days before putting it aside as a backup. Recently I tested the AC Plus as well just to check whether it still works.

Last edited:

David Lai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just renewed from 500M to 1G

the customer agreement says New Equipment Model: AC Plus (self collect)

but no instructions on when / where to collect

for the upgrade in speed, singtel just activate from their end and we wait?

Yup, as mentioned by the above hwzoners, you can collect at your convenience in orchard. No need to make appointment, just go there and collect queue slip. But remember its to be collected within a month from contract start date.

BTW, did Singtel send you a redemption letter? You will need that for the collection...
Although contract did state there'll be a new equip, my understanding from the CSO is still need the redemption letter.

Last edited:

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, as mentioned by the above hwzoners, you can collect at your convenience in orchard. No need to make appointment, just go there and collect queue slip. But remember its to be collected within a month from contract start date.

BTW, did Singtel send you a redemption letter? You will need that for the collection...
Although contract did state there'll be a new equip, my understanding from the CSO is still need the redemption letter.

Haven’t got redemption letter

Contract slated to start on 9 Jan

zeblues

Reaction score
Mine is 1gbps and using ac dual router, wifi strength very slow only getting like 180mbps. Mine is ONT also have mesh but doesnt improve speed. Does it have anything to do with the settings or cables?

uncle_josh

Reaction score
You are within the expected performace of the router.
Unless your replace it with a better router, else nothing can improve the performance.

Source : https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/internet/broadband-at-home/fibre-broadband-tips

1456814929952.png

Mine is 1gbps and using ac dual router, wifi strength very slow only getting like 180mbps. Mine is ONT also have mesh but doesnt improve speed. Does it have anything to do with the settings or cables?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What is your test device? I have tested the AC Plus and it is not a good router. But at close range the speed should be okay, I myself tested it with our iPhone 6S and iPhone X.

IPhone 6S AC client, theoretical max speed 433Mbps and I got 315Mbps at close range.

IPhone X 2x2 AC client, theoretical max speed 867Mbps and I got 450-500 Mbps at close range.

Major problem is the lower routing performance if you have many device, and stability on WiFi and SingTel TV.

If you can maintain 180Mbps, then actually it is a decent speed and good enough for most use cases.

Last edited:

zeblues

Reaction score
iphone 11 and ipad 6

What is your test device? I have tested the AC Plus and it is not a good router. But at close range the speed should be okay, I myself tested it with our iPhone 6S and iPhone X.

IPhone 6S 1x1 AC client, theoretical max speed 433Mbps and I got 315Mbps at close range.

IPhone X 2x2 AC client, theoretical max speed 867Mbps and I got 450-500 Mbps at close range.

Major problem is the lower routing performance if you have many device, and stability on WiFi and SingTel TV.

If you can maintain 180Mbps, then actually it is a decent speed and good enough for most use cases.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iphone 11 and ipad 6

Then you should be able to have better speed at close range. Try again. Make sure you choose SingTel as the speedtest test server.

You should also test wired performance to make sure you get around 900 Mbps or better speed.

But in the end get a better router anyway.

Last edited:

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today is my activation date, restarted ONT and Router

Is this WiFi speed normal for 1GB?

5mnPv0N_d.jpg

Like not much diff from my previous 500mbps

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today is my activation date, restarted ONT and Router

Is this WiFi speed normal for 1GB?

5mnPv0N_d.jpg

Like not much diff from my previous 500mbps

You should test with wired speed first. But I will consider your WiFi speed as very fast.

What is the client device in the testing? What is the router used?

Last edited:

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should test with wired speed first. But your WiFi speed is very fast.

What is the client device in the testing? What is the router used?

Using ASUS RT-AC86U router and late 2013 iMac

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.