Singtel 1 Gbps Fibre

OKorNOT

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Singel 1GBPS Fiber B/B is eligible to recontract now. It is $49.90 for existing customer and $44.90 for new sign up! It is bias!!! Existing customer get nothing for recontract. Use back the aging ONT and router. Consider to switch over to M1 at $39/month.

Bro go google for past singtel broucher at it show
It 39.90 alway, dun think the trend will change

Just tahan awhile more den re-sign if u dun hav the time to wait for new provider to do the setup lik me, 49.90 is indeed unresonable tis i hav to agree...

I m on singtel 39.90 now, just recontracted on dec ✌

My 1st 2 years with singtel i paid 59.90 for 2 year although 1st 6mth was free but add up 24mth still cost abt 45 p/mth if u do the math...
all this 1st 6mth free bs promotion r all just a scam to make u feel like u getting a good deal lol

Last edited:

squarepipe

Reaction score
Wow at $49.90 you have to be a real sucker to subscribe to Singtel broadband especially when they don't have pro features like static IP or ability to use your own router.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
I just signed up for M1 fibre broadband. $59.90 per month with the high end Velop router.

In the past I only will have strong wifi in my room. Now my whole house have strong wifi thanks to the Velop.

Just hope that M1 will implement M1 Paid TV in future. If not will just switch to Singtel after 2 years

Meanwhile will tag the Singtel tv from my parents broadband after StarHub cease their cable tv

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi eBuddy,

You're just in time for our Fibre Flash Sale offer at $41.90 per month to re-contract your Singtel 1Gbps Fibre. Valid for new sign-ups and re-contract customers, our offer ends on 17 Jan 2019.

Read more about it and re-contract here. Alternatively, you can call 1609 for more offers and sign up.

Thanks.

My Singel 1GBPS Fiber B/B is eligible to recontract now. It is $49.90 for existing customer and $44.90 for new sign up! It is bias!!! Existing customer get nothing for recontract. Use back the aging ONT and router. Consider to switch over to M1 at $39/month.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
If apply Singtel TV online got free installation for the fibre for HDB since 2 of my ports are taken up?

Hi eBuddy,

You're just in time for our Fibre Flash Sale offer at $41.90 per month to re-contract your Singtel 1Gbps Fibre. Valid for new sign-ups and re-contract customers, our offer ends on 17 Jan 2019.

Read more about it and re-contract here. Alternatively, you can call 1609 for more offers and sign up.

Thanks.

arphamdb89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting max 420mbps on my iPhone XS max riding my Singtel 2Gbps connection. Is this normal?:s11:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting max 420mbps on my iPhone XS max riding my Singtel 2Gbps connection. Is this normal?:s11:

Still normal. What is the wireless router used? How many 5GHz clients are connected to the same wireless AP as your XS Max?

2GBps plan is still up to 1Gbps per port. And XS is still an 2x2 AC client with maximum theorectical speed of 866Mbps at 5GHz. Practically you get about half of it with a normal wireless router. So 420Mbps is still possible. If you have a very good router you may push that a bit up but XS Max becomes the bottleneck. The best iPhone 2x2 AC client results from this forum seems to be around 600Mbps from an Asus AC-86U router.

arphamdb89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still normal. What is the wireless router used? How many 5GHz clients are connected to the same wireless AP as your XS Max?

2GBps plan is still up to 1Gbps per port. And XS is still an 2x2 AC client with maximum theorectical speed of 866Mbps at 5GHz. Practically you get about half of it with a normal wireless router. So 420Mbps is still possible. If you have a very good router you may push that a bit up but XS Max becomes the bottleneck. The best iPhone 2x2 AC client results from this forum seems to be around 600Mbps from an Asus AC-86U router.

I'm connecting to WiFi-Mesh AirTies 4930 just next to it. Which router should I buy to get the highest speed? :(

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm connecting to WiFi-Mesh AirTies 4930 just next to it. Which router should I buy to get the highest speed? :(

The amount you will be spending to find the best AP will likely put you off. Also, 420 is good enough. It’s a 2x2 AC client with max 866mbps link rate. You wont be looking at any speed that is higher than 500mbps at least. In reality, half of the link rate speed is the typical speed you should be satisfied.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Glariel,

Thanks for reaching out.

Cost of installing the new fibre point is waived only if you are signing up to fibre broadband service.

If apply Singtel TV online got free installation for the fibre for HDB since 2 of my ports are taken up?

eBuddy

Reaction score
Just recontract for singtel 1GBPS for $41.90/month.Not the best deal but hassle free. Will collect Arcadyan AC Plus router for free as spare router.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just recontract for singtel 1GBPS for $41.90/month.Not the best deal but hassle free. Will collect Arcadyan AC Plus router for free as spare router.

Better than my S$44.9 two year contract. I got the AC Plus router as spare as well. On the other hand I got half price offer for SingtelTV (12 month contract) and SingTel circle benefits for my SingTel mobile (like yearly handset upgrade estimated to worth S$350 for my Combo 2 plan). Still not bad.

Last edited:

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Going to jump to Singtel after 2 years with M1 contract is up. In the meantime tag to my parents Singtel ISP for the Singtel Tv. Good that Singtel offers additional set top box

Enclave

Reaction score
Signed up online on the 17th but as of now, only received an email and no calls at all. Usually how long will it take for singtel to contact?

Allanlee82

Reaction score
Received an offer from singtel for 1GB fibre @$29.11/mth with a 2 year contract plus a one time fibre activation charge of $50+, anyway to waive it off or need to wait till itshow time than will have the waival. Also can we use our own router instead of the router provided by singtel?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Received an offer from singtel for 1GB fibre @$29.11/mth with a 2 year contract plus a one time fibre activation charge of $50+, anyway to waive it off or need to wait till itshow time than will have the waival. Also can we use our own router instead of the router provided by singtel?

Thats a good deal. Where to get this?
I'm looking around at fiber deals for my new home, a landed property. I notice there is extra surcharge for activation/installation. Is it?

Allanlee82

Reaction score
Thats a good deal. Where to get this?
I'm looking around at fiber deals for my new home, a landed property. I notice there is extra surcharge for activation/installation. Is it?
I got a panflet send my house, requirements are to switch from another provider. Actually is first 10 month free and the following 14 month @ $49.90

xJwvTy8l.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.