Singtel 200mbps but not achieving anywhere close

iScream

Reaction score
Hi guys,

recently I noticed a drop in performance of my internet connection.
Am running a 2013 macbook air wirelessly to connect to the router that was provided by singtel themselves. I know connecting wirelessly won't get me as close to the 200mbps that is advertised but what im getting is **** and i'm pretty sure something is wrong somewhere.

3538362934.png

anyone can help me out here? =/

stay8899

Reaction score
Hi guys,

recently I noticed a drop in performance of my internet connection.
Am running a 2013 macbook air wirelessly to connect to the router that was provided by singtel themselves. I know connecting wirelessly won't get me as close to the 200mbps that is advertised but what im getting is **** and i'm pretty sure something is wrong somewhere.

3538362934.png

anyone can help me out here? =/

1. Try with wire and complaint to singtel if you are not getting anywhere close to 200mbps.
2. Try to reduce wifi interferences: How To Get a Better Wireless Signal and Reduce Wireless Network Interference
3. If you are still getting poor reception/performance, please list your network equipment.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Download wifi analyzer on your Android phone and scan if your wifi is in congested zone?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.