HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SINGTEL broadband ONR - cannot use my ASUS router

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #31

No leh, it's an ONR cause I used all the 4 LAN ports behind it, 1 for router, 1 for TV and 2 for home theatre
Some one said you have to tell whizcomms to configure it to bridge mode for you if not they leave it as ONR
dryteletubby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #32
Master Member

That's why he say "just use as AP" to prevent double NAT
the problem is TS want to use his asus router don't want to onr to act as routing , but now cannot use because its a onr now , ask TS do his asus router to ap got what use?
Arucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

the problem is TS want to use his asus router don't want to onr to act as routing , but now cannot use because its a onr now , ask TS do his asus router to ap got what use?
It's either persuade singtel to switch back to ont, AP mode or switch isp. I'm just giving him the simplest alternative. Singtel ain't gonna switch to bridge mode just for him.

What he want, didn't mean he can get. Life sucks sometimes. Or in this case singtel sucks.
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

No leh, it's an ONR cause I used all the 4 LAN ports behind it, 1 for router, 1 for TV and 2 for home theatre
You can do a tracert cmd to check if double nat exist.
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:27 PM   #35
Master Member

It's either persuade singtel to switch back to ont, AP mode or switch isp. I'm just giving him the simplest alternative. Singtel ain't gonna switch to bridge mode just for him.

What he want, didn't mean he can get. Life sucks sometimes. Or in this case singtel sucks.
Are you renfred89 ?
Old 11-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #36
Master Member

TS got do his research or not on the recent singtel fibre plan I have no idea, I only know he want to use his router , giving him a suggestion to use as AP defeat the purpose of his router he want to use.

For me I'm sticking to my unlimited plan
Old 12-10-2018, 07:52 AM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

TS got do his research or not on the recent singtel fibre plan I have no idea, I only know he want to use his router , giving him a suggestion to use as AP defeat the purpose of his router he want to use.

For me I'm sticking to my unlimited plan
May be can get Singtel engineer to help.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #38

It is unclear whether this is 2gbps over 2 separate gigabit ports on a single public IP using onr, or 2 separate public IP addresses allocated. Either ways it is still using gpon (up to 2.4gbps), not xgpon (10gbps), hence no special onr with dedicated 10gbps port and bridging

Yes, You will get 2 separate public facing WAN ip address

May be can get Singtel engineer to help.
No need to get Singtel engineer to help lah.

Just upgrade to 2 Gbps plan, then Port 1 to 3 on ONR for family.
Port 4 for Asus router to connect for TS personal use.

Last edited by uncle_josh; 12-10-2018 at 01:55 PM..
uncle_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.