www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/)
-   -   Singtel HG8244H change to Bridge Mode (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/singtel-hg8244h-change-bridge-mode-6078764.html)

alwaysbadboy 15-07-2019 12:53 PM

Singtel HG8244H change to Bridge Mode
 
There are two software versions based on my findings.

1: Software version: V3R017C00S100
for this one, You may follow below post
https://medium.com/@lff0305/how-to-s...e-20ca417380fe

2: Software version: V3R018C00S100
for this one, the vendor removed "WAN Configuration" and add in "Mode switching" under the Maintenance tab.
Connect your laptop directly to Singtel ONR and manually set your IP address to 192.168.1.200/24
Browse to 192.168.1.254.

Username: support
Pwd:admintelecom

1: Enable DHCP relay under LAN configuration
2: Advance Configuration -> Maintenance -> Mode switching ->Bridge

The device will auto-restart once the Apply button pressed.

Connect your ASUS router WAN to ONR LAN port
During the setup wizard, please choose "special requirement from ISP"
Then choose "Singtel-MIO" regardless of your plan ie you didn't sign up for MIO TV

Okay, all done, now your ASUS router act as the main router, DDNS, and port forwarding run as per normal.

BTW
You will need a VLAN 10 for WAN port in order to get DHCP works on 3rd party router if they don't have a built-in function like Asus.
VLAN 20 for Mio-TV
VLAN 30 for Voice

enjoy ~~~~

uncle_josh 15-07-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysbadboy (Post 121748222)
There are two software version based on my findings.

1: Software version :V3R017C00S100
for this one, You may follow below post
https://medium.com/@lff0305/how-to-s...e-20ca417380fe

2: Software version :V3R018C00S100
for this one, vendor removed "WAN Configuration" and add in "Mode switching" under Maintenance tab.
Connect your laptop directly to Singtel ONR and manually set your IP address to 192.168.1.200/24
Browse to 192.168.1.254.

Username: support
Pwd:telecomeadmin

1: Enable DHCP relay under LAN configuration
2: Advance Configuration -> Maintenance -> Mode switching ->Bridge

Device will auto restart once Apply button pressed.

Connect your ASUS router WAN to ONR LAN port
During setup wizard, please choose "special requirement from ISP"
Then choose "Singtel-MIO" regardless of your plan ie you didn't sign up for MIO TV

Okay, all done, now your ASUS router act as main router, DDNS and port forwarding run as per normal.

BTW
any one knows the detail of "special requirement from ISP“ ? i m still trying to put my ROS into service.

enjoy ~~~~

Wow, good information

Sent from 今天工作不努力, 明天努力找工作 using GAGT

menghan 25-07-2019 06:48 PM

Hi alwaysbadboy

I tried on my singtel onr of the second version, and found the user/pass you provided can't login in.
I even tried "support:telecomadmin" which remove a 'e', still can't.

alwaysbadboy 26-07-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menghan (Post 121917754)
Hi alwaysbadboy

I tried on my singtel onr of the second version, and found the user/pass you provided can't login in.
I even tried "support:telecomadmin" which remove a 'e', still can't.

sorry. it should telecoadmin

HMAN 03-08-2019 03:01 PM

Good INFO, this come in handy , my Singtel fibre 3 years free service is ending soon.
Wonder can I keep to current Singtel ONT .

too lazy to touch my current setup with Google WiFi mesh that I used vlan setup to bypass the crappy Singtel provided Aztec router.

The ONR will mess up with current setup


Sent from Google PIXEL C using GAGT

weikiat84 03-08-2019 09:47 PM

cant log in .. guess singtel had changed user or password

ccloh 03-08-2019 11:31 PM

if i'm not wrong, once you login to change it from ONR to ONT you could never login back again unless you do a hard reset and revert it back to ONR.

i having a ONR too but i don't find any issue connecting it to any third party router. by doing so i would be doing a double NAT network that all which doesn't really bother me. place the ONR near smart TV, TV box or game console I can connect to the internet and for reset of the devices like pc, laptop, smartphone, etc i just access it via the 3rd party router. the only thing knowing the superuser id+password is to login to the router and set the DNS to using public DNS server rather than singtel default.

the superuser id+password is factory default for Huawei equipment and doubt singtel can change it as there isn't any option inside to allow you to change it. the only option that one can change the userid and password is for the user level which singtel provides when they came to install.

laughmyassout 12-08-2019 06:42 PM

username : support
password : admintelecom

tested on V3R018C00S100

alwaysbadboy 17-08-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughmyassout (Post 122207100)
username : support
password : admintelecom

tested on V3R018C00S100

thanks, i updated my post.

Downloader 28-08-2019 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughmyassout (Post 122207100)
username : support
password : admintelecom

tested on V3R018C00S100

Is this superadmin?

My ONR is also the same firmware and now I can login.

However, I'm wondering why mode switching is showing routing mode when I was told it's bridge mode.

My setup (simplified, will provide more details if needed):
  • ONR port 1 (supposedly bridge) > Asus router (gets public ip)
  • ONR port 2 to 4 (only IPTV, no internet) > 3 x set tops

Anyone can advise what kind of setup is this and anyway to get internet also on port 2 to 4 so that Ch 404 Netflix on set top could work while the rest remain the same?

beng07 30-08-2019 11:01 PM

Does anyone know the latest password? It didn't work to my one.

cstanhwz 31-08-2019 09:21 PM

Just had my Huawei and AC plus installed today and tried below. Did not chect the FW version.

Step 2 I straight away go to change mode switch to bridge then apply. The Huawei restarts. After that I was presented with the login screen of the Huawei again but did not log in.

After some time, the page changed to the AC plus page. I assume the AC plus will detect the Huawei is in bridge mode and change itself to router mode. Cannot surf so I restart the AC plus. Still cannot surf after it had booted up.

Should the AC plus auto detect if the Huawei is in bridge or router mode and auto configure itself?

Username: support
Pwd:admintelecom

1: Enable DHCP relay under LAN configuration
2: Advance Configuration -> Maintenance??? -> Mode switching ->Bridge

ccloh 01-09-2019 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cstanhwz (Post 122531601)
Just had my Huawei and AC plus installed today and tried below. Did not chect the FW version.

Step 2 I straight away go to change mode switch to bridge then apply. The Huawei restarts. After that I was presented with the login screen of the Huawei again but did not log in.

After some time, the page changed to the AC plus page. I assume the AC plus will detect the Huawei is in bridge mode and change itself to router mode. Cannot surf so I restart the AC plus. Still cannot surf after it had booted up.

Should the AC plus auto detect if the Huawei is in bridge or router mode and auto configure itself?

Username: support
Pwd:admintelecom

1: Enable DHCP relay under LAN configuration
2: Advance Configuration -> Maintenance??? -> Mode switching ->Bridge

AC Plus is a router but its router features are all disabled and it works as an AP. that is why when you change the ONR to ONT you can't get internet. for those who changed the ONR to ONT are because they want to use 3rd party router. for your case, either you get a 3rd part router or you just have to change back to ONR if you want to use AC Plus

cstanhwz 01-09-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccloh (Post 122535673)
AC Plus is a router but its router features are all disabled and it works as an AP. that is why when you change the ONR to ONT you can't get internet. for those who changed the ONR to ONT are because they want to use 3rd party router. for your case, either you get a 3rd part router or you just have to change back to ONR if you want to use AC Plus

OK, noted. Was hoping that it would not auto detect the ONR has changed to ONT. Since it is AP mode only, the Huawei should be in bridge mode now.

Will try with my 3rd party wireless router next week when I go over again.

Hope it works once select Singtel for the VLan.

Thanks.

beng07 02-09-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cstanhwz (Post 122547420)
OK, noted. Was hoping that it would not auto detect the ONR has changed to ONT. Since it is AP mode only, the Huawei should be in bridge mode now.

Will try with my 3rd party wireless router next week when I go over again.

Hope it works once select Singtel for the VLan.

Thanks.

So good that you managed to change it. I have no luck with the user/password

cstanhwz 02-09-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beng07 (Post 122557166)
So good that you managed to change it. I have no luck with the user/password

I can't be too happy yet. Although managed to set the settings as mentioned, not sure it will work. Will have to try next week if I have the time.

When you try to login, is it the Huawei page? If both username and password you also cannot login, maybe yours is another firmware version?

zoneguard 02-09-2019 03:07 PM

The first method OP outlined works for Whizcomms as well. Version: V3R017C00S100.

beng07 18-09-2019 10:28 PM

Just noticed that it doesn't work with Safari. I can login now with another browser.

bert64 01-02-2020 11:51 AM

I have the model HG8240T5 with firmware V5R019C00S110 and none of the posted passwords seem to be working, anyone have any idea?

sunset80 03-03-2020 06:12 PM

I tried enabled dhcp relay, set to bridge mode, configured vlan10 on 3rd party router but I couldn't get public IP. Anything that i missed out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysbadboy (Post 121748222)
There are two software versions based on my findings.

1: Software version: V3R017C00S100
for this one, You may follow below post
https://medium.com/@lff0305/how-to-s...e-20ca417380fe

2: Software version: V3R018C00S100
for this one, the vendor removed "WAN Configuration" and add in "Mode switching" under the Maintenance tab.
Connect your laptop directly to Singtel ONR and manually set your IP address to 192.168.1.200/24
Browse to 192.168.1.254.

Username: support
Pwd:admintelecom

1: Enable DHCP relay under LAN configuration
2: Advance Configuration -> Maintenance -> Mode switching ->Bridge

The device will auto-restart once the Apply button pressed.

Connect your ASUS router WAN to ONR LAN port
During the setup wizard, please choose "special requirement from ISP"
Then choose "Singtel-MIO" regardless of your plan ie you didn't sign up for MIO TV

Okay, all done, now your ASUS router act as the main router, DDNS, and port forwarding run as per normal.

BTW
You will need a VLAN 10 for WAN port in order to get DHCP works on 3rd party router if they don't have a built-in function like Asus.
VLAN 20 for Mio-TV
VLAN 30 for Voice

enjoy ~~~~


riscaliz 04-03-2020 10:37 AM

Just a quick question and correct me if I知 wrong:

What if I have an two set-top boxes for SingTel TV?

I understand that only one lan port can be used for SingTel TV if we池e using 3rd party router such as Asus etc. when the onr is set to bridge mode, and the 3rd party router probably allow for only one lan port to be used for Singtel TV.

Is there a workaround to this as I currently have two set-top boxes and would not want to have double NAT with the Huawei in ONR mode?

I知 really keen in using the supplied ONR in bridge mode in order to enjoy the full functionality of the 3rd party router.

kashix 04-03-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riscaliz (Post 125500618)
Just a quick question and correct me if I知 wrong:

What if I have an two set-top boxes for SingTel TV?

I understand that only one lan port can be used for SingTel TV if we池e using 3rd party router such as Asus etc. when the onr is set to bridge mode, and the 3rd party router probably allow for only one lan port to be used for Singtel TV.

Is there a workaround to this as I currently have two set-top boxes and would not want to have double NAT with the Huawei in ONR mode?

I知 really keen in using the supplied ONR in bridge mode in order to enjoy the full functionality of the 3rd party router.

Set the vlan manually if you want to use 2 boxes on your ASUS. I done it before. You can set up to 2 port.

riscaliz 04-03-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kashix (Post 125500876)
Set the vlan manually if you want to use 2 boxes on your ASUS. I done it before. You can set up to 2 port.

Thank you for the info.
Anyone keen to share the steps in doing so. I知 currently using asus ac3200 and waiting for the zenwifi ax to go on sale in SG.

renfred89 05-03-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riscaliz (Post 125502665)
Thank you for the info.
Anyone keen to share the steps in doing so. I知 currently using asus ac3200 and waiting for the zenwifi ax to go on sale in SG.

you can figure out from the IPTV tab, set to vlan 20 tagged for port 3/4 will do..

kero89 08-03-2020 05:12 PM

Thanks to TS for this well written guide! Just managed to do mine and all is well. Except...

1) I didn't need to set preset on my asus.
2) the Internet led doesn't light up on my ONR

And how do i access the ONR web gui if I need to one day? Tried to connect direct but still can't reach the gui. Hmm

unsocialsoul 10-03-2020 03:51 PM

For people who are unable to use the mentioned username and passwords, try these

login: telecomadmin
password: admintelecom

cnet 18-03-2020 08:54 PM

Hi,

I have the Software version: V3R017C00S100.
Managed to set to bridge mode.
Connected to AX88U (router mode) is ok for internet.
But when set the IPTV for MIO TV connection, the internet connection is cut off. When disable IPTV, Internet connection back again.
Even run the setup wizard, please choose "special requirement from ISP process but still failed.
Trying all the LAN port combination but still failed.
Anyone has any experience to fix on this

riscaliz 20-03-2020 12:19 PM

I still have no luck with the username and passwords given to access the ONR. Any other ways to access it?

Vampire05 23-03-2020 03:30 PM

can someone tell me what is the purpose of changing the Singtel ONR to bridge mode?

It makes wifi or internet speed faster?

uncle_josh 23-03-2020 04:13 PM

To avoid double NAT.
Some device cannot work properly with double nat eg nas, ip camera.....etc

Sent from 今天工作不努力, 明天努力找工作 using GAGT

Vampire05 24-03-2020 08:02 PM

one more question, after I changed the singtel ONR to bridge mode, can the 4 ports behind the ONR still be used like before?

giraffey 24-03-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampire05 (Post 125899721)
one more question, after I changed the singtel ONR to bridge mode, can the 4 ports behind the ONR still be used like before?

No. Only 1 port.

Vampire05 25-03-2020 07:50 AM

so that means if I am on singnet 2gbps plan, it is not advisable to make my ONR to bridge mode because I will only get a 1gbps speed?

giraffey 25-03-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampire05 (Post 125907732)
so that means if I am on singnet 2gbps plan, it is not advisable to make my ONR to bridge mode because I will only get a 1gbps speed?

Yes, you are right. Same for other 2Gbps plans on the other ISPs.(for some ISPs, they allow a single 2gbps (single port) connectivity as well, but it would mean having to buy routers and network cards supporting higher speeds)

kartz4u 18-04-2020 07:26 PM

Hi

Anyone aware of the username and password for Singtel ONR HG8240T5? Appreciate the help.

Many thanks

kajdex 23-04-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kartz4u (Post 126488688)
Hi

Anyone aware of the username and password for Singtel ONR HG8240T5? Appreciate the help.

Many thanks

Have you tried
username: support
password: last 10 characters of the ONR's Serial but on reverse e.g. if Router Serial is 1234567890ABCDEF then the password is FEDCBA0987

ah_pok 08-05-2020 02:14 PM

Hi All,

I'm currently using Whizcomms and they issue a HG8240T5 to me.

I manage to login using Support account.

After that i did this:

(HG8240T5)
1. Turn on DHCP Relay
2. Change to Bridge mode.

(TP-Link Archer C9)
3. Under IPTV, i added VLAN 10 as internet connection.

But somehow my router just unable to get the Public IP.

Any pro here can help?

Many thanks!!

uncle_josh 08-05-2020 03:55 PM

1. Whizcomms no IPTV
2. Whizcomms no VLAN
3. Bridge WILL NOt GET ANY IP ADDRESS.

bvtter 14-06-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnet (Post 125776144)
Hi,

I have the Software version: V3R017C00S100.
Managed to set to bridge mode.
Connected to AX88U (router mode) is ok for internet.
But when set the IPTV for MIO TV connection, the internet connection is cut off. When disable IPTV, Internet connection back again.
Even run the setup wizard, please choose "special requirement from ISP process but still failed.
Trying all the LAN port combination but still failed.
Anyone has any experience to fix on this

Hi did you manage to solve this?

bvtter 14-06-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kero89 (Post 125576132)
Thanks to TS for this well written guide! Just managed to do mine and all is well. Except...

1) I didn't need to set preset on my asus.
2) the Internet led doesn't light up on my ONR

And how do i access the ONR web gui if I need to one day? Tried to connect direct but still can't reach the gui. Hmm

Did you manage to get back into the webui?

mun_hoe 15-06-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_pok (Post 126947791)
Hi All,

I'm currently using Whizcomms and they issue a HG8240T5 to me.

I manage to login using Support account.

After that i did this:

(HG8240T5)
1. Turn on DHCP Relay
2. Change to Bridge mode.

(TP-Link Archer C9)
3. Under IPTV, i added VLAN 10 as internet connection.

But somehow my router just unable to get the Public IP.

Any pro here can help?

Many thanks!!

if ONT is set to bridge mode. need not tag VLAN on router end.

kero89 15-06-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvtter (Post 127761679)
Did you manage to get back into the webui?

:s13: No. Lol :s22: there’s no hard reset on this onr as well. But from march until now all good. Fingers crossed.

But i searched this online.

Reset Huawei HG8244H Ooredoo router to factory defaults
To reset the Huawei HG8244H Ooredoo to its default settings, you have to do the following steps:
Turn on router
Press Factory Reset button and hold for at least 15 seconds
Device restarts automatically
Default settings have been restored

I wonder where is the sacred button.

tuntun 16-06-2020 11:13 AM

I just subscribed to Singtel and scheduled to install on 24 June. Can I request installer tech to configure ONR port 1 to get public IP and 2-4 configure to use with TV service?
I have given a router from office IS dept with preconfigured of VPN to HQ. But it needs a public IP to connect at WAN port. Double NAT cannot access. Is ti possible or anyone can advise/help me after singtel installation?
Thanks

xiaofan 16-06-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuntun (Post 127795393)
I just subscribed to Singtel and scheduled to install on 24 June. Can I request installer tech to configure ONR port 1 to get public IP and 2-4 configure to use with TV service?
I have given a router from office IS dept with preconfigured of VPN to HQ. But it needs a public IP to connect at WAN port. Double NAT cannot access. Is ti possible or anyone can advise/help me after singtel installation?
Thanks

You can always try to ask SingTel help before the installation. Do you have SingTel TV services? How many boxes? Chances are not high though.

Since you have legitimate use cases for work, the easier way is to convince your company to pay you a separate line (say M1 500Mbps plan for S$29.9 per month) and then use it for your work.

If you do it post installation to configure as a single port ONT, you need to check if your company issued router supports vlan or not. Moreover, even if it does, it is not supported by SingTel and you are on your own.

uncle_josh 16-06-2020 12:43 PM

firstly Singtel only issues ONR to new subscribers. too bad you did not do your home work.

to use your own router you need to go to M1/SH/MR/WC

option 1
bang table ask to bridge the ONR

option 2 change to 1 + 1Gbps
where they will let you use one of the port with WAN ip address to use with 3rd party routers

option 3
change/subscribe to a new isp

Sent from 天作孽 犹可恕 自作孽 不可活 using GAGT

giraffey 16-06-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuntun (Post 127795393)
I just subscribed to Singtel and scheduled to install on 24 June. Can I request installer tech to configure ONR port 1 to get public IP and 2-4 configure to use with TV service?
I have given a router from office IS dept with preconfigured of VPN to HQ. But it needs a public IP to connect at WAN port. Double NAT cannot access. Is ti possible or anyone can advise/help me after singtel installation?
Thanks

In ONR mode, you cannot use your own router.

Another option for you to consider is to see if your company can allow you to use a VPN client to be installed on your computer. This way, you don't have to use the router.

acme 21-07-2020 10:10 PM

Sorry for bumping up old thread.

Anyone able to advise on the username and password for support account? i cant seem to login to support account except for root/admin account. In the root/admin account i dont see any option that i can change to bridge mode.

TIA!

Repsol_2 22-07-2020 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle_josh (Post 127797360)
firstly Singtel only issues ONR to new subscribers. too bad you did not do your home work.

to use your own router you need to go to M1/SH/MR/WC

option 1
bang table ask to bridge the ONR

option 2 change to 1 + 1Gbps
where they will let you use one of the port with WAN ip address to use with 3rd party routers

option 3
change/subscribe to a new isp

Sent from 天作孽 犹可恕 自作孽 不可活 using GAGT

I can imagine those who use ONR and plug their NAS directly. Lolx sensitive document all exposed to singtel support. Good luck.

I had to bang table to get them change to bridge mode. Took them a while to sink in when i did recontract. They assumed i used the new plan with ONR when my original plan is unlimited fiber with ONT. They shut my network within mins. Sales is clueless what they sell. Tech support is clueless on what they support. I strongly do not recommend anyone subscribe to singtel. What era are we. Who on earth still watch singtel TV?

tuntun 22-07-2020 11:42 AM

you mean your network down after they switch ONR-ONT? now how? back to ONT to use your own router or use back their ONR? Thanks

acme 24-07-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuntun (Post 128626803)
you mean your network down after they switch ONR-ONT? now how? back to ONT to use your own router or use back their ONR? Thanks

Yes, after you bang table they will change the configuration on your ONR to ONT. From there onwards u need to connect your own router.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.