Singtel Home Fiber Static

cisconet

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone knows how I can get a static IP from Singtel Home Fiber with LiveCam Plan?

Doesn't want to use the LiveCam App from Singtel App Store.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
singtel doesn't employ static ip deployment for residential subscribers. but that doesn't mean your ip address will change every now and then.
the IP address for you is actually tied to the mac address of your router. so long your router doesn't change, that ip address will not change under normal circumstances.

but the moment you change your router, the address changes and you cannot get back the address unless you do a mac clone.

just sharing a tip with you above..

Hi,

Anyone knows how I can get a static IP from Singtel Home Fiber with LiveCam Plan?

Doesn't want to use the LiveCam App from Singtel App Store.

cisconet

Reaction score
So what will happen if I change to my own router immediately when the engineer is at my place?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So what will happen if I change to my own router immediately when the engineer is at my place?

as i mentioned, the moment a router is hooked up to the ONT, your WAN IP will change. either you do a mac clone or you use your own router's WAN IP for your live cams set up.

there is no difference in how long you hooked up the router to the ONT for before the IP is registered and tagged to your MAC.

However do note that you are not allowed to attached multiple routers to the ONT, otherwise the OLT will detect it as DDoS and your line will be disabled. What i mean is, cannot attached multiple routers within a short time, unfortunately i don't know how long apart is considered short.

Also, the system only registers 4 or 5 different IP addresses for your 4 or 5 routers. which means you will get back the same WAN IP associated to the mac address of the respective routers. Once the slots are used up, older ones are replaced with newer ones and the list goes on.

I am not sure singtel still do the above, but likely theres no change. I have been involved in testing various routers and i still get back the same old IP associated with the tested routers, so i assume there's no change. Once in a while, i do see a change in IP but there's all right i guess.

cisconet

Reaction score
Thanks Renfred89.

So does that mean if plug in my own router now, the WAN IP i get would stay until i change another router or so?

as i mentioned, the moment a router is hooked up to the ONT, your WAN IP will change. either you do a mac clone or you use your own router's WAN IP for your live cams set up.

there is no difference in how long you hooked up the router to the ONT for before the IP is registered and tagged to your MAC.

However do note that you are not allowed to attached multiple routers to the ONT, otherwise the OLT will detect it as DDoS and your line will be disabled. What i mean is, cannot attached multiple routers within a short time, unfortunately i don't know how long apart is considered short.

Also, the system only registers 4 or 5 different IP addresses for your 4 or 5 routers. which means you will get back the same WAN IP associated to the mac address of the respective routers. Once the slots are used up, older ones are replaced with newer ones and the list goes on.

I am not sure singtel still do the above, but likely theres no change. I have been involved in testing various routers and i still get back the same old IP associated with the tested routers, so i assume there's no change. Once in a while, i do see a change in IP but there's all right i guess.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Renfred89.

So does that mean if plug in my own router now, the WAN IP i get would stay until i change another router or so?

technically yes, unless they decided to change rules again..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.