HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singtel ONR AP Issues

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #1

Singtel ONR AP Issues

I've just re-contracted to the 2Gb Singtel plan that comes with the ONR and AirTies.

I currently have a ASUS RT-AC88U router that I use because I have LAN cable my home and use the 8 ports behind. I tried to set up the router as an AP, but I just can't get internet on and don't know what to do.

Already upgraded to latest firmware for the router but nothing.

What would you suggest:

Option 1: use the Airties with 8port hub

Option 2: Keep the ASUS router as the wireless and Lan hub for my network. But I need advice on how to get this to work.

Help appreciated. Thanks!
greywolf8029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 01:02 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ac88u will definitely work as an ap well with onr. The question is, how did you setup the ac88u as an ap?

Got a feeling you might not have correctly set it ip in both software level and physical connection level..

I've just re-contracted to the 2Gb Singtel plan that comes with the ONR and AirTies.

I currently have a ASUS RT-AC88U router that I use because I have LAN cable my home and use the 8 ports behind. I tried to set up the router as an AP, but I just can't get internet on and don't know what to do.

What would you suggest:

Option 2: Keep the ASUS router as the wireless and Lan hub for my network. But I need advice on how to get this to work.

renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 06:55 AM   #3

What would you suggest:

Have you tried downloading the ASUS router app and do the configuration via the app? I just bought a ASUS router and set it up as ap yesterday. On Singtel Fibre too
mlmooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 07:02 AM   #4
Master Member

It is quite a waste to use a $400+ router as AP.
Go for Option 1: use the Airties with 8port hub
fireaxe likes this.
tungsten2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 08:16 AM   #5

What would you suggest:

not answering your question but why did you not get a 2Gbps capable router? seems like a waste of bandwidth using the AC88U
dryteletubby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

not answering your question but why did you not get a 2Gbps capable router? seems like a waste of bandwidth using the AC88U
Singtel ONR does not support 2gbps aggregated bandwidth, only 1gbps per LAN port with a combined bandwidth of 2gbps.

Also, it doesn't support link aggregation as well, even if you have 10gbps LAN card with link aggregation..
Old 20-02-2018, 10:43 AM   #7

Singtel ONR does not support 2gbps aggregated bandwidth, only 1gbps per LAN port with a combined bandwidth of 2gbps.

Also, it doesn't support link aggregation as well, even if you have 10gbps LAN card with link aggregation..
It seems like the most pointless 2gbps plan. According to the Singtel faq you only get 1 IP addresses. And you can't bypass the Singtel onr for 2gbps speeds....
Old 20-02-2018, 12:31 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

The only isp that allows aggregation is ViewQwest. M1 also doesn’t allow aggregation as far as I know..

When users sign up they should have already known and accepted the fact it’s 2gbps combined bandwidth, not aggregated..

It seems like the most pointless 2gbps plan. According to the Singtel faq you only get 1 IP addresses. And you can't bypass the Singtel onr for 2gbps speeds....
Old 20-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #9

The only isp that allows aggregation is ViewQwest. M1 also doesn’t allow aggregation as far as I know..

When users sign up they should have already known and accepted the fact it’s 2gbps combined bandwidth, not aggregated..

M1 offers a ONT with 10Gigabit ports for 2gbps and above plans. And with both viewquest and M1 you can link 2 gigabit ports with a dual wan router.

Last edited by dryteletubby; 20-02-2018 at 12:52 PM..
Old 20-02-2018, 01:48 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

M1 uses Huawei hh8240h ont which has 1 port that supports 10gbps. Effectively, lan 1 is 1/10gbps while lan 2-4 is only 1gbps per port maximum.

Given the fact if you choose 2gbps, ont level still cannot link aggregate, as far as I know. Even if you want to load balance m1 and ViewQwest simultaneously, it’s a total different set up.

So for singtel using onr to provision 2gbps, it somehow allows one dedicated port for AP while others can be on lan port directly to onr, to share the 2gbps.

Whereas for m1, it’s also the same by giving an Asus in which the total bottleneck is still 1gbps. Unless m1 says their ont all 4 ports can use and can aggregate; then it’s different..

Anyone using 2gbps m1 can shed some light?

M1 offers a ONT with 10Gigabit ports for 2gbps and above plans. And with both viewquest and M1 you can link 2 gigabit ports with a dual wan router.
Old 20-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #11
Master Member

Hi Renfred, refer to the faq here.
Point #2

https://www.m1.com.sg/personal/home-broadband/gigabit#FAQ

Sent from 当断不断, 害人害己 using GAGT
tungsten2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #12
High Supremacy Member

M1 uses Huawei hh8240h ont which has 1 port that supports 10gbps.
8240 is an old model that has 4 x gig ports, no 10g.
The 10g ont is the HN8055Q

http://e.huawei.com/sg/products/fixe...tical-terminal

https://www.m1.com.sg/Personal/FAQ/H...band/ONT_Guide

https://www.m1.com.sg/HBBspeeds

Last edited by Ah-Pin-Kor; 20-02-2018 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: add another M1 link
Ah-Pin-Kor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see. That effectively makes the ont active on 2 ports..

Hi Renfred, refer to the faq here.
Point #2

https://www.m1.com.sg/personal/home-...nd/gigabit#FAQ

Sent from 当断不断, 害人害己 using GAGT
Old 20-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #14

Ac88u will definitely work as an ap well with onr. The question is, how did you setup the ac88u as an ap?

Got a feeling you might not have correctly set it ip in both software level and physical connection level..

I suspect youíre definitely right about that
Old 20-02-2018, 02:41 PM   #15

I already have the AC88U from my previous setup - 1GB plan via the ONT. now itís a ONR and I canít seem to get it to work.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.