Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC Plus

Audio8

Reaction score
Have the same issue too, the mobile phone Wi-Fi (5Ghz) frequently loses connection and reconnect awhile later.

Singtel - if you are reading this, please confirm and acknowledge the router is an issue and if another model will be rolling out soon, not AC Elite, AC Plus or AC 1900. Please advise.

Same here. Sometimes unable to connect to WIFI at home using the new router. Does not have this problem with my old router.

Audio8

Reaction score
Same here. Sometimes unable to connect to WIFI at home using the new router. Does not have this problem with my old router.

Even using Oppo phone also have intermittent connection issue with WIFI.

chuppachop

Reaction score
Band steering unchecked.... Only connected to 5Ghz... The phone is next to the router also no connection leh, rubbish router which ST does not want to admit leh

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi chuppachop,

Could you PM us with more details of the issues you are facing along with your Singtel ID number and our Fibre team can help look into this for you please?

Thanks.

Band steering unchecked.... Only connected to 5Ghz... The phone is next to the router also no connection leh, rubbish router which ST does not want to admit leh

IZECUBEZ

Reaction score
Checking for a friend. Can we access router settings like any other branded router (like dlink / linksys etc..)?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Netflix on Singtel tv and Singtel tv go app can only work on Singtel routers, this is purposely set by Singtel.

WhatsApp call should be fine as I have used it before..

Just want to clarify this old post.

SingTel TV Go homeview works with 3rd party router.

The Go Remote Paring needs SingTel issued routers mentioned in the FAQ to work.

As for Netflix on Singtel TV , I am not using Netflix so I do not know.

stamina

Reaction score
Is Singtel still giving this router for new 1gbps signups? Or newer model router?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Singtel still giving this router for new 1gbps signups? Or newer model router?

For new signup, as far as I know, you should be getting the ONR as the router and AC Plus as Wireless Access Point.

AC Plus as an access point should hopefully improve its overall performance and stability, not the wireless performance like coverage or speed though.

stamina

Reaction score
For new signup, as far as I know, you should be getting the ONR as the router and AC Plus as Wireless Access Point.

AC Plus as an access point should hopefully improve its overall performance and stability, not the wireless performance like coverage or speed though.

Im now using ONT and AC Plus. Not sure if i should recontract my 1gbps and request and change to ONR and AC Plus? Any recommendation guys?

Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im now using ONT and AC Plus. Not sure if i should recontract by 1gbps and request and change to ONR and AC Plus? Any recommendation guys?

The ont is preferred if you want to use 3rd party routers with their built in special featured.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im now using ONT and AC Plus. Not sure if i should recontract by 1gbps and request and change to ONR and AC Plus? Any recommendation guys?

Hmm so you are existing Singtel customer on 500Mbps or 1Gbps, if you recontract, you will not get anything, because you already have the AC Plus.

ONT is more flexible since you can use your own router if you are not happy with AC plus. Many users in this forum prefer ONT.

Last edited:

stamina

Reaction score
Hmm so you are existing Singtel customer on 500Mbps or 1Gbps, if you recontract, you will not get anything, because you already have the AC Plus.

ONT is more flexible since you can use your own router if you are not happy with AC plus. Many users in this forum prefer ONT.

Im now using 1gbps. How about if i change to ONR plus Samsung Home Connect mesh?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im now using 1gbps. How about if i change to ONR plus Samsung Home Connect mesh?

If your are looking at mesh to improve your WiFi coverage, I suggest for you to go check reviews of the Samsung system first. There are better mesh system on the market, in my humble opinion

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

IMHO none of the SingTel provided Mesh solution is good based on what I read.

I am still using the old technology like wireless extender and Power line adapter to compensate the coverage of my main router. And I am okay with my current setup. I may switch to Mesh solution in the future but not SingTel provided solution. And I will still prefer to use ONT than ONR myself.

In your case, you may also look into buying a better 3rd party wireless router to replace AC Plus while keeping the ONT. You can add Mesh later if that does not sort out the coverage problem.

Ref: you can read this thread about SingTel Mesh.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...20/anybody-using-singtel-mesh-5354946-55.html

Last edited:

stamina

Reaction score
IMHO none of the SingTel provided Mesh solution is good based on what I read.

I am still using the old technology like wireless extender and Power line adapter to compensate the coverage of my main router. And I am okay with my current setup. I may switch to Mesh solution in the future but not SingTel provided solution. And I will still prefer to use ONT than ONR myself.

In your case, you may also look into buying a better 3rd party wireless router to replace AC Plus while keeping the ONT. You can add Mesh later if that does not sort out the coverage problem.

Ref: you can read this thread about SingTel Mesh.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...20/anybody-using-singtel-mesh-5354946-55.html

Is getting a third party wireless router(eg Asus)to replace my AC Plus as easy as plug and play? No need to do complicated configuration?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.