Starhub $19.90 100mbps internet not working

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone one this plan and is having issues? I signed up 3 days ago and it is not stable. Have already log a case with Starhub.. Yesterday and today no connection :(

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call 1633 direct to Broadband tech support line, not cs.
Inform them on your problem.
If required have the document on hand for any reference.

Btw do check your address on the doc if correct.

Should not take so long...

wherehouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Connect the coax to the main catv point and test direct at modem.
If you have more than 1 catv point, the sub ones could be faulty wiring that contributes to this.
Prepare to define "unstable"

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone one this plan and is having issues? I signed up 3 days ago and it is not stable. Have already log a case with Starhub.. Yesterday and today no connection :(

Many years ago I was using it. Just need to call 1633 to talk to their support and it can be settle very quickly.
Anyway such old technology will soon come to an end for sure. I think by end of 2019 which is only 1 year more. For Starhub Cable user, they are always welcome to sign up fibre broadband at any time even if they are still on contract.

Last edited:

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I wouldn't call cable old tech yet. Many people in other countries will give a limb for internet access like in Singapore

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call cable old tech yet. Many people in other countries will give a limb for internet access like in Singapore

Should always give them a call if there is issue as tech support is included in the price. Other countries will depend which country you are referring to, most of them already has fast internet. Hong Kong, TW, S. Korea and Japan are very good example.

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Some past experience on using cable, always check the signal strength, if your cable go through 2 filter stages through splitter, likely will suffer intermittent issue.

Trace the signal to the riser box outside your house,make sure cable point is plugged into the main distribution point, my unit got sabotage before that starhub tech move my cable point to go through a splitter when running out of connection point. Immediately my cable signal getting bad.

Also my cable point to the living hall is suffering bad signal quality (starhub tech did measurement to confirm)

Instead of paying 150 to lay cable again, I was switching to new fibre line. Can't afford to have intermittent internet.:eek: aq

Should always give them a call if there is issue as tech support is included in the price. Other countries will depend which country you are referring to, most of them already has fast internet. Hong Kong, TW, S. Korea and Japan are very good example.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some past experience on using cable, always check the signal strength, if your cable go through 2 filter stages through splitter, likely will suffer intermittent issue.

Trace the signal to the riser box outside your house,make sure cable point is plugged into the main distribution point, my unit got sabotage before that starhub tech move my cable point to go through a splitter when running out of connection point. Immediately my cable signal getting bad.

Also my cable point to the living hall is suffering bad signal quality (starhub tech did measurement to confirm)

Instead of paying 150 to lay cable again, I was switching to new fibre line. Can't afford to have intermittent internet.:eek: aq

Fibre is still the best at this time.

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I connected directly to TV cable point and no splitter involved. If modem direct to laptop it works fine but not stable. Wireless is zero connection at all. They called back to say still checking back end. No resolution eta given.

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fibre is still the best at this time.

Signed up cos no contract and needed a connection.. might be moving overseas so didn't wanna be tied to contract. So far best option (or maybe not since 4/5 days zero wifi)..

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
I connected directly to TV cable point and no splitter involved. If modem direct to laptop it works fine but not stable. Wireless is zero connection at all. They called back to say still checking back end. No resolution eta given.

Do you have many cable points at Home ? if yes..likely there are splitter hidden somewhere.

The worst case is from outside of your house, splitter is used which you may not know on how to check.

Tell more on your Wireless router setup and placement of router to Computer.

Tell more on your description of Not Stable ? what is not stable ? poor internet connection speed ?

Check the Computer LAN Properties.. try downloading stuff and check the Transmit and Receive ratio. if you have high sent/Received ratio..that is to say there are many Retry of resending data to you. Bad Signal integrity symptom.

Dp9mO.png

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So which modem did Starhub give it to you?

If direct no problem, then maybe the WIFI router is the problem.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Signed up cos no contract and needed a connection.. might be moving overseas so didn't wanna be tied to contract. So far best option (or maybe not since 4/5 days zero wifi)..

If I were you, I would rather just tether from my mobile data. Usage may be limited but I can control it. Just for surfing and checking emails.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I see. Actually it is great opportunity to move overseas.

LaMission

Reaction score

Did you connect a router to the modem? Nowadays starhub only provide modem, there is no wireless function. You need to connect a router to the modem in order to have wireless access...

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The modem included in the package has no wireless signal.
There is one LAN port.
Should you required wireless you need to connect from modem to a router, self provided.

There are plenty of good routers for resale which are cheap and mostly new.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is really a joke if TS really does not know if there is wireless or not.

I think there is wireless.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.