Starhub cable modem

Lee8219

Reaction score
I see a lot of starhub cable modems floating in carousell I always thought what would happen if you plug it in to the scv point

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you sign-up for cable broadband, the modem is free.

It is for those still on cable broadband with problematic modem as replacement.

Without cable broadband service is a piece of junk device.
Beside there will be another 1 which is Singtel ADSL modem as service is coming to end next month.

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of starhub cable modems floating in carousell I always thought what would happen if you plug it in to the scv point
You won't get any internet connection if you just plug one of these cable modems into the coaxial point in your home.
Starhub has to register your cable modem's mac address into their system for the internet service to be available. Once the previous owner terminated his service, that mac address is not allowed any more so no service.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you sign-up for cable broadband, the modem is free.

It is for those still on cable broadband with problematic modem as replacement.

Without cable broadband service is a piece of junk device.
Beside there will be another 1 which is Singtel ADSL modem as service is coming to end next month.
Yeah, I just migrated to fibre from ADSL and the ADSL modem is collecting dust in a corner of my house.. :o

Don't what to do with it..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.