HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Starhub router Linksys EA8100-AH Max-Stream AC2600

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2019, 11:12 PM   #16

wow that's not bad.

im currently subscribed to singtel 1Gbps broadband but I'm using their gigabit router which i think it's quite bad. saw some of these starhub EA8100 on carousell for 100ish. is it worth the investment?
Hi bro, sorry for digging up old thread, can you help a noob here on how to set-up the EA-8100H with a Singtel ONT modem? Appreciate a lot if you could help out bro
motzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #17

Refer to here : How to replace the Singtel Bundled Wireless Router with the Linksys WRT1900AC

NOTE: If you only subscribed to Singtel’s Internet and IPTV services, select Singtel (other) instead.
Basically all the settings for Linksys are similiar.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #18
Master Member

Refer to here : How to replace the Singtel Bundled Wireless Router with the Linksys WRT1900AC

NOTE: If you only subscribed to Singtel’s Internet and IPTV services, select Singtel (other) instead.
Basically all the settings for Linksys are similiar.
The guide shows connections with Singtel fibre with voip and/or miotv services. How about if only have Singtel fibre? How to release both port 3 and 4 for use with other devices...
David Lai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 10:41 PM   #19

Try this. (I'm not a Singtel subscriber, hence not sure this will work or not)
If you are using Singtel just for their Internet service and you have no VOIP or IPTV, there is a small bug with Singtel (other) VLAN tag. When you choose that pre-defined VLAN tag, it will tag your 4th LAN port with 20 (which should not be the case) and you will not be able to use the 4th port for LAN. I have already reported this bug to Linksys.

A workaround is to choose Manual VLAN Tag and tag the Internet port to 10 as shown in the screenshot below.

Source : Linksys EA9200 Wireless AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router Review « Blog | lesterchan.net
Old 14-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #20

Linksys “smartwifi” routers are a disaster regarding security.

https://badpackets.net/over-25000-li...sclosure-flaw/

Sure, all brands suffer from security issues at one point or another, the question is how they deal with it. Linksys is pretty much setting the standard in getting it wrong.
^Tripper^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #21

Linksys “smartwifi” routers are a disaster regarding security.

https://badpackets.net/over-25000-li...sclosure-flaw/

Sure, all brands suffer from security issues at one point or another, the question is how they deal with it. Linksys is pretty much setting the standard in getting it wrong.
Wow basically the mac address of every device connected along with the device name, OS, model along with WAN settings, firewall status, firmware update settings, and DDNS settings are leaked...

RIP to the privacy & security of every one who own or connected to a Linksys router
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #22

Wow basically the mac address of every device connected along with the device name, OS, model along with WAN settings, firewall status, firmware update settings, and DDNS settings are leaked...

RIP to the privacy & security of every one who own or connected to a Linksys router
Exactly. Linksys “smartwifi” firmware is a disaster.
^Tripper^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 02:06 PM   #23
Master Member

Any updates regarding slow speeds on this router? I converted from starhub cable to fibre and was issued this router. New 1gb plan came into activation yesterday.

Tested the wifi speeds and its really bad. Standing right in front of the router, on my smartphone Oneplus 5t, i am getting around 500mbps on 5ghz wifi. My PC is in my bed room which is around 7-8 meters away from the router in the living room. No direct line of sight with concrete wall in between. I am using a tplink ac1900 usb wifi adapter and i am only getting around 270mbps max on 5ghz wifi. Connection has been stable but I dont believe the speeds should be this low even with the distance and concrete wall?

Sidenote, terrible service rendered by the starhub technicians who came to do the installation. They installed the fibre tv box and broadband ont/router but ran off even before i could do any testing. Would had gotten them to do checks on the slow wifi speed if i had a chance to run a speed test in front of them.

Last edited by ferocity; 16-05-2019 at 02:12 PM..
ferocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

Any updates regarding slow speeds on this router? I converted from starhub cable to fibre and was issued this router. New 1gb plan came into activation yesterday.

Tested the wifi speeds and its really bad. Standing right in front of the router, on my smartphone Oneplus 5t, i am getting around 500mbps on 5ghz wifi. My PC is in my bed room which is around 7-8 meters away from the router in the living room. No direct line of sight with concrete wall in between. I am using a tplink ac1900 usb wifi adapter and i am only getting around 270mbps max on 5ghz wifi. Connection has been stable but I dont believe the speeds should be this low even with the distance and concrete wall?
Your speeds considered fast alr for this router Lol. My friend only can hit 100mbps.
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #25
Master Member

Your speeds considered fast alr for this router Lol. My friend only can hit 100mbps.
dafug....really that bad? Sub to 1gb broadband but only get 100mbps?
Old 16-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

dafug....really that bad? Sub to 1gb broadband but only get 100mbps?
He cannot take it, he WhatsApp me what’s happening as he just sub to Starhub. I saw the router, I asked him to change to the asus one that I’m using, at the same spot. His wifi speed jumped from 100+ to 500+mbps. Lol really is Cui the router
Old 16-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #27

He cannot take it, he WhatsApp me what’s happening as he just sub to Starhub. I saw the router, I asked him to change to the asus one that I’m using, at the same spot. His wifi speed jumped from 100+ to 500+mbps. Lol really is Cui the router
From my experience Asus router only good for house with few WiFi device connected. Once you start adding more and more clients, the router lags like no tomorrow.
Old 16-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

From my experience Asus router only good for house with few WiFi device connected. Once you start adding more and more clients, the router lags like no tomorrow.
Not really true, my ac86u, I connect around 15 devices. Some ppl Netflix while I play Dota 2 using wifi, 4ms ping only. No lag. This is of course from my own experience. YMMV.

Old 16-05-2019, 05:49 PM   #29

Not really true, my ac86u, I connect around 15 devices. Some ppl Netflix while I play Dota 2 using wifi, 4ms ping only. No lag. This is of course from my own experience. YMMV.

Chey 15 device only. Previously at my relative house they used a Asus GT ac5300 with around 50+ WiFi clients connected. When they upgrade to gigabit internet the router running as access point can't keep up. Swap to a ubiquiti hd ap and it was smooth sailing.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #30
Master Member

Try this. (I'm not a Singtel subscriber, hence not sure this will work or not)
If you are using Singtel just for their Internet service and you have no VOIP or IPTV, there is a small bug with Singtel (other) VLAN tag. When you choose that pre-defined VLAN tag, it will tag your 4th LAN port with 20 (which should not be the case) and you will not be able to use the 4th port for LAN. I have already reported this bug to Linksys.

A workaround is to choose Manual VLAN Tag and tag the Internet port to 10 as shown in the screenshot below.

Source : Linksys EA9200 Wireless AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router Review « Blog | lesterchan.net
Hey uncle, thanks!
Thats exactly what i did in order to use both ports 3 & 4.
Been using for quite a while but wasnt too sure if it may cause any problem.
Never knew they have such a guide, lol.
uncle_josh likes this.
David Lai is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.