HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Starhub router Linksys EA8100-AH Max-Stream AC2600

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #31
Supremacy Member

Chey 15 device only. Previously at my relative house they used a Asus GT ac5300 with around 50+ WiFi clients connected. When they upgrade to gigabit internet the router running as access point can't keep up. Swap to a ubiquiti hd ap and it was smooth sailing.
Home use you need how many devices. Mine is the more realistic scenario. How many ppl house have 50 wifi clients.

kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #32

Home use you need how many devices. Mine is the more realistic scenario. How many ppl house have 50 wifi clients.

Because there are 14 people in the house

And that was some time ago. Last I heard they bought a bunch of Google home minis, smart WiFi plug, smart lights etc.

My relative and my mom share a single gigabit internet connection between their house via a WiFi ptp bridge. In between them got around 20 people
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 12:01 AM   #33

Hey uncle, thanks!
Thats exactly what i did in order to use both ports 3 & 4.
Been using for quite a while but wasnt too sure if it may cause any problem.
Never knew they have such a guide, lol.
Glad that you got it working.
Lester Chan is the originator .
You should thank him for this effort. Haha........
David Lai likes this.
Old 13-07-2020, 05:37 PM   #34

Any new info if ONR is a new Nokia by Singtel? Use same VLAN tagging no and setting? Thanks
tuntun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 09:37 PM   #35
Supremacy Member

Any new info if ONR is a new Nokia by Singtel? Use same VLAN tagging no and setting? Thanks
No need vlan for ONR users, for ONR you set the EA8100 in AP mode to avoid double NAT.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 11:20 PM   #36

No need vlan for ONR users, for ONR you set the EA8100 in AP mode to avoid double NAT.
ok noted, so if it comes with ONT config( Nokia modem--->SingTel Router) then I can replace with EA8100 in SingTEl router place with VLAN tagging settings? Am I right? Thanks
Old 14-07-2020, 07:57 AM   #37
Supremacy Member

ok noted, so if it comes with ONT config( Nokia modem--->SingTel Router) then I can replace with EA8100 in SingTEl router place with VLAN tagging settings? Am I right? Thanks
I do not think SingTel will configure the Nokia ONR in ONT mode for you. So no need to worry about that. For ONR users, the SingTel AC Plus wireless router will automatically run in AP mode. You can replace AC Plus with any other AP.

For ONT users, then yes you need to use vlan tagging, you can replace SingTel AC Plus wireless router with Vlan enabled router, like the EA8100 using the SingTel vlan profile.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #38

I do not think SingTel will configure the Nokia ONR in ONT mode for you. So no need to worry about that. For ONR users, the SingTel AC Plus wireless router will automatically run in AP mode. You can replace AC Plus with any other AP.

For ONT users, then yes you need to use vlan tagging, you can replace SingTel AC Plus wireless router with Vlan enabled router, like the EA8100 using the SingTel vlan profile.
Thanks for your info..will try out soon..
Old 28-07-2020, 09:07 AM   #39

These past few days, I've faced difficulty in logging in to my router using both the app and browser using the Linksys account.
Logging in direct to router is impossible.

Even when managed to log in, some options will not load properly hence unable to configure properly. I have reset once and the problem still persists. Any ideas how to solve this?
weeza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 09:22 AM   #40
High Supremacy Member

These past few days, I've faced difficulty in logging in to my router using both the app and browser using the Linksys account.
Logging in direct to router is impossible.

Even when managed to log in, some options will not load properly hence unable to configure properly. I have reset once and the problem still persists. Any ideas how to solve this?
Do you know how to check ip address of your router?
Usually by default ip address should 192.168.X.X.
If your router ip address is other than this as well as having
issues than probably your router need to service.
techidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 12:42 PM   #41

Do you know how to check ip address of your router?
Usually by default ip address should 192.168.X.X.
If your router ip address is other than this as well as having
issues than probably your router need to service.
My ip address still the same. I even hard reset it. Just that even using the app or browser to access, it takes a long time/or no connection. Even if managed to go to individual settings, I'm missing some icons.
weeza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.