www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/)
-   -   Starhub router Linksys EA8100-AH Max-Stream AC2600 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/starhub-router-linksys-ea8100-ah-max-stream-ac2600-5914883.html)

gingeroreo 06-10-2018 09:43 PM

Starhub router Linksys EA8100-AH Max-Stream AC2600
 
Hi guys, like to check if anyone of you is using this router from starhub in a new HDB BTO. How is the coverage? Is this router alone good enough to cover the whole house without any mesh, etc? Any deadspot so far if you place the router in the DB cabinet or living room, can your master bedroom receive good signal? Thank you.

eric3743 06-10-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingeroreo (Post 116894734)
Hi guys, like to check if anyone of you is using this router from starhub in a new HDB BTO. How is the coverage? Is this router alone good enough to cover the whole house without any mesh, etc? Any deadspot so far if you place the router in the DB cabinet or living room, can your master bedroom receive good signal? Thank you.

There are plenty of reviews all over these threads in this section and sub section.

Coverage may depend on the layout of the premise and on whether there is a need to have additional router/mesh as AP or not.

Also taking into consideration on the placement and with wired connections on routers/mesh which work best, overall.

gingeroreo 06-10-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric3743 (Post 116895136)
There are plenty of reviews all over these threads in this section and sub section.

Coverage may depend on the layout of the premise and on whether there is a need to have additional router/mesh as AP or not.

Also taking into consideration on the placement and with wired connections on routers/mesh which work best, overall.

I have already looked through the forums, nothing mentioned about dead spots in new hdb bto thatís why Iím asking. 🤔

renfred89 06-10-2018 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingeroreo (Post 116895945)
I have already looked through the forums, nothing mentioned about dead spots in new hdb bto thatís why Iím asking. 🤔

no 2 houses are the same, therefore you can't base on anything written online to describe the experience you will be facing when you get this router.

anyway, the moment you put the router inside the cabinet, you can expect cui wifi, confirm guaranteed plus chop.

eric3743 07-10-2018 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingeroreo (Post 116895945)
I have already looked through the forums, nothing mentioned about dead spots in new hdb bto thatís why Iím asking. 🤔


Different BTO HDB block of flats come with different design in the layout hence it is not much to compare on.

Usually those who seek advice would shared the layout of the flat and stated the intention on the usage as well as the type & number of devices required to be connected.
Example > New HDB BTO Flat - How do you connect your Home Fiber Network

Hence if you read thru some of the post in the above-mentioned link you may able to find out how one deal with dead/blind spots in providing the layout for some advice.


Most routers are able to use on most ISP and vice versa as those come with the bundle are usually tested and work well for basic usage.

The placement on the Routers are the main point to take note to have a better wireless coverage.

Beside in some flats may need additional routers with wired connection for stable connection.
If not then there is the option on using mesh network as the alternative without any wired data points.


In my BTO HDB 5-room flat there is one main router in the living room and it do serve well in the wireless coverage including kitchen/dining & other bedroom.
And i do have an additional router connected via data point in my bedroom at the end of the flat.
Btw both routers are DLink DIR-868L which are good and stable.. although there are users who complain on issues.

My contract is already due and would consider to take this Linksys EA8100 option instead on Google Wifi should i opt for HomeHub package.

lcheowl 08-10-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingeroreo (Post 116895945)
I have already looked through the forums, nothing mentioned about dead spots in new hdb bto that’s why I’m asking. ��

How big is your hdb?

If you place it centrally, EA8100 should be able to provide coverage for 2.4 ghz.

For 5Ghz/ac mode, it depends on your flat internal design.

For HDB, a repeater/power line adapter should be able to resolve dead spot.

But I'm disappointed with this EA8100, so far, I yet to achieve 600 mbps on wired. Still awaiting feedback from starhub.

exogeneity 12-10-2018 10:52 AM

How big is ur flat? At least try to show the plan so that fellow forumers can help.

neosw 12-10-2018 01:05 PM

Using the EA8100 on Singtel and I can get up to 800 to 900 mbps. Switch it to Starhub and the maximum i can get is 500++. Can't complain much as the Starhub 1 G fibre is free.

lcheowl 12-10-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neosw (Post 116993321)
Using the EA8100 on Singtel and I can get up to 800 to 900 mbps. Switch it to Starhub and the maximum i can get is 500++. Can't complain much as the Starhub 1 G fibre is free.

I also having the same problem with you.

Now awaiting Starhub to get back to me.

Do a round of testing with linksys CS, confirmed the source is from starhub itself.

Btw which part of sg you stay?

neosw 12-10-2018 08:24 PM

Tampines.

Please share when Starhub reply to you. Not sure why Starhub is consistently slower than Singtel.

Tested using Starhub direct wired to ONT. Slower than Singtel via the 8100. Strange.

lcheowl 13-10-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neosw (Post 117001262)
Tampines.

Please share when Starhub reply to you. Not sure why Starhub is consistently slower than Singtel.

Tested using Starhub direct wired to ONT. Slower than Singtel via the 8100. Strange.

sure...

Something is not right, hopefully we can have more people to voice out so that they will not think is an isolated case.

HolyInnocents 17-10-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neosw (Post 116993321)
Using the EA8100 on Singtel and I can get up to 800 to 900 mbps. Switch it to Starhub and the maximum i can get is 500++. Can't complain much as the Starhub 1 G fibre is free.

wow that's not bad.

im currently subscribed to singtel 1Gbps broadband but I'm using their gigabit router which i think it's quite bad. saw some of these starhub EA8100 on carousell for 100ish. is it worth the investment?

acme 30-03-2019 11:12 PM

hi guys, sorry to dig up old thread. But would like to check if any bros here tried using the router on Singtel ISP? do i need to reflash the firmware for this to work?

TIA!

xonix 31-03-2019 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acme (Post 119984342)
hi guys, sorry to dig up old thread. But would like to check if any bros here tried using the router on Singtel ISP? do i need to reflash the firmware for this to work?

TIA!

https://lesterchan.net/blog/2018/08/08/linksys-ea8100-max-stream-ac2600-mu-mimo-gigabit-router-review/

acme 01-04-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xonix (Post 119986191)
https://lesterchan.net/blog/2018/08/08/linksys-ea8100-max-stream-ac2600-mu-mimo-gigabit-router-review/

Thanks!!

Guess this router is missing out the openvpn client feature :s13:


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.