HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Starhub router Linksys EA8100-AH Max-Stream AC2600

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2018, 09:43 PM   #1

Starhub router Linksys EA8100-AH Max-Stream AC2600

Hi guys, like to check if anyone of you is using this router from starhub in a new HDB BTO. How is the coverage? Is this router alone good enough to cover the whole house without any mesh, etc? Any deadspot so far if you place the router in the DB cabinet or living room, can your master bedroom receive good signal? Thank you.
gingeroreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #2
Master Member

Hi guys, like to check if anyone of you is using this router from starhub in a new HDB BTO. How is the coverage? Is this router alone good enough to cover the whole house without any mesh, etc? Any deadspot so far if you place the router in the DB cabinet or living room, can your master bedroom receive good signal? Thank you.
There are plenty of reviews all over these threads in this section and sub section.

Coverage may depend on the layout of the premise and on whether there is a need to have additional router/mesh as AP or not.

Also taking into consideration on the placement and with wired connections on routers/mesh which work best, overall.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:12 PM   #3

There are plenty of reviews all over these threads in this section and sub section.

Coverage may depend on the layout of the premise and on whether there is a need to have additional router/mesh as AP or not.

Also taking into consideration on the placement and with wired connections on routers/mesh which work best, overall.
I have already looked through the forums, nothing mentioned about dead spots in new hdb bto thatís why Iím asking. 🤔
gingeroreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:29 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have already looked through the forums, nothing mentioned about dead spots in new hdb bto thatís why Iím asking. 🤔
no 2 houses are the same, therefore you can't base on anything written online to describe the experience you will be facing when you get this router.

anyway, the moment you put the router inside the cabinet, you can expect cui wifi, confirm guaranteed plus chop.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:54 AM   #5
Master Member

Different BTO HDB block of flats come with different design in the layout hence it is not much to compare on.

Usually those who seek advice would shared the layout of the flat and stated the intention on the usage as well as the type & number of devices required to be connected.
Example > New HDB BTO Flat - How do you connect your Home Fiber Network

Hence if you read thru some of the post in the above-mentioned link you may able to find out how one deal with dead/blind spots in providing the layout for some advice.

Most routers are able to use on most ISP and vice versa as those come with the bundle are usually tested and work well for basic usage.

The placement on the Routers are the main point to take note to have a better wireless coverage.

Beside in some flats may need additional routers with wired connection for stable connection.
If not then there is the option on using mesh network as the alternative without any wired data points.

In my BTO HDB 5-room flat there is one main router in the living room and it do serve well in the wireless coverage including kitchen/dining & other bedroom.
And i do have an additional router connected via data point in my bedroom at the end of the flat.
Btw both routers are DLink DIR-868L which are good and stable.. although there are users who complain on issues.

My contract is already due and would consider to take this Linksys EA8100 option instead on Google Wifi should i opt for HomeHub package.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

I have already looked through the forums, nothing mentioned about dead spots in new hdb bto that’s why I’m asking. ��
How big is your hdb?

If you place it centrally, EA8100 should be able to provide coverage for 2.4 ghz.

For 5Ghz/ac mode, it depends on your flat internal design.

For HDB, a repeater/power line adapter should be able to resolve dead spot.

But I'm disappointed with this EA8100, so far, I yet to achieve 600 mbps on wired. Still awaiting feedback from starhub.

Last edited by lcheowl; 08-10-2018 at 09:12 AM..
lcheowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #7

How big is ur flat? At least try to show the plan so that fellow forumers can help.
exogeneity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #8

Using the EA8100 on Singtel and I can get up to 800 to 900 mbps. Switch it to Starhub and the maximum i can get is 500++. Can't complain much as the Starhub 1 G fibre is free.
neosw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:19 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Using the EA8100 on Singtel and I can get up to 800 to 900 mbps. Switch it to Starhub and the maximum i can get is 500++. Can't complain much as the Starhub 1 G fibre is free.
I also having the same problem with you.

Now awaiting Starhub to get back to me.

Do a round of testing with linksys CS, confirmed the source is from starhub itself.

Btw which part of sg you stay?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:24 PM   #10

Tampines.

Please share when Starhub reply to you. Not sure why Starhub is consistently slower than Singtel.

Tested using Starhub direct wired to ONT. Slower than Singtel via the 8100. Strange.
neosw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 12:04 AM   #11
Supremacy Member

Tampines.

Please share when Starhub reply to you. Not sure why Starhub is consistently slower than Singtel.

Tested using Starhub direct wired to ONT. Slower than Singtel via the 8100. Strange.
sure...

Something is not right, hopefully we can have more people to voice out so that they will not think is an isolated case.
Old 17-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #12

wow that's not bad.

im currently subscribed to singtel 1Gbps broadband but I'm using their gigabit router which i think it's quite bad. saw some of these starhub EA8100 on carousell for 100ish. is it worth the investment?
HolyInnocents is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.