Suspect Motherboard LAN Port faulty?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just built a new rig and was trying out the LAN port tonight. All the connection routed to my laptop are working as per normal.

The issue now is when I connect to my PC LAN port, there will not be internet connection at all (IPv4 and IPv6 do not have access to the internet) but sometimes the IPv6 will have Internet access and IPv4 will not have. All in all, IPv4 will definitely not have any internet connection.

Any expert can help me out or give any advice?

abstrax

Reaction score
I just built a new rig and was trying out the LAN port tonight. All the connection routed to my laptop are working as per normal.

The issue now is when I connect to my PC LAN port, there will not be internet connection at all (IPv4 and IPv6 do not have access to the internet) but sometimes the IPv6 will have Internet access and IPv4 will not have. All in all, IPv4 will definitely not have any internet connection.

Any expert can help me out or give any advice?

Try using another LAN cable.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any assigned IP address to your PC? Or auto detect IP address?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update LAN drivers
Disable IPv6
Check if PC on dynamic or static IP

Specs of your system build would help. Killer LAN ?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check the motherboard LAN green light whether it is blinking

The green light is not blinking. Orange light is.

Den check if there is any lights on ur routers, if there is I'm suspecting that u might have self assign an IP address.

I routed through my switch which is connected to my ONT.

Update LAN drivers
Disable IPv6
Check if PC on dynamic or static IP

Specs of your system build would help. Killer LAN ?

Already updated to the latest driver. It's Intel I219-V. Already on DHCP and tried disabling IPv6. Same result.

Yes you are right. It is always starting from 169.

Last edited:

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Initial connection was like that:

ONT > Switch > PC (IPv4 and IPv6 no internet access)

New connection:

ONT > Switch > Router > PC (IPv4 has internet access and speed test is successful)

I guess it got to do with driver issue on Windows 10 via direct ONT since my laptop could work (windows 10 too) but not my PC?

Ghostrider333

Reaction score
Initial connection was like that:

ONT > Switch > PC (IPv4 and IPv6 no internet access)

New connection:

ONT > Switch > Router > PC (IPv4 has internet access and speed test is successful)

I guess it got to do with driver issue on Windows 10 via direct ONT since my laptop could work (windows 10 too) but not my PC?

A modem (simple ONT) doesn't route traffic and can only work with one port directly connected to a laptop / pc and etc which is why when you connect it to a switch, it just fails.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A modem (simple ONT) doesn't route traffic and can only work with one port directly connected to a laptop / pc and etc which is why when you connect it to a switch, it just fails.

The thing is, many of my devices has been connected to the switch via the ONT including my router and my laptop and it works. Only this new PC is giving me issue via that switch.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.