TP-Link Archer T2U (AC600) suddenly stopped working

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

i have this network adapter i bought slightly more than a year ago. not too ex at ~$40 though i wasn't sure if it was really a good brand/model. when i bought it, there were quite a few problems at the start but i managed to resolve them by trying to install some drivers.

today, it suddenly stopped working (it was still working perfectly last night). it keeps showing "limited access" to my home network. my other wireless devices can still connect properly to the network though.

i tried a variety of solutions:
- changing the usb port it is plugged into
- uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers (there are no new driver versions btw)
- restarting and shutting down the computer
- rebooting my ONT and router

does it mean that the network adapter itself (hardware) has gone kaput? :(

Toto-4d

Reaction score
hi guys,

i have this network adapter i bought slightly more than a year ago. not too ex at ~$40 though i wasn't sure if it was really a good brand/model. when i bought it, there were quite a few problems at the start but i managed to resolve them by trying to install some drivers.

today, it suddenly stopped working (it was still working perfectly last night). it keeps showing "limited access" to my home network. my other wireless devices can still connect properly to the network though.

i tried a variety of solutions:
- changing the usb port it is plugged into
- uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers (there are no new driver versions btw)
- restarting and shutting down the computer
- rebooting my ONT and router

does it mean that the network adapter itself (hardware) has gone kaput? :(
Try to see if there is new drivers for it and install that. If don't have or still not working, try on another PC to confirm if it is faulty. If it is, TP-link should be 3 years warranty. Yours only 1 year still under warranty so shouldn't be a problem. Just send back for repair.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Try to see if there is new drivers for it and install that. If don't have or still not working, try on another PC to confirm if it is faulty. If it is, TP-link should be 3 years warranty. Yours only 1 year still under warranty so shouldn't be a problem. Just send back for repair.

thanks for the prompt reply bro.

i experienced the problem on my windows 7 computer. but upon trying on a windows 8 computer, it works seamlessly (even with outdated drivers).

i have already installed the latest drivers on my win 7 computer.

i have no idea whats going on :(

Last edited:

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks bros.

i tried reformatting the computer and it worked. so i'm not exactly sure what happened. corruption of system file perhaps?

will continue to monitor and let ya guys know :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.