Using DSL7000GRV from Singtel with StarHub DPC3925

ViLLaRox

Reaction score
I just changed my ISP from Singtel to Starhub, which means I have 2 routers now: the DPC3925 for Starhub and the DSL70000GRV from Singtel which is not in used.

However, the DPC3925 has not been as reliable as the DSL70000GRV and is dropping connections quite frequently. I was wondering if it is possible to bridge the 2 routers together and allow me to use DSL70000GRV for my connections.

I have changed the DPC3925 to bridged mode and connecting it to the ethernet port of DSL70000GRV but the Singtel router does not seem to be able to connect to the Internet. Are there any other settings that I need on either routers?

Thanks in advance.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
I just changed my ISP from Singtel to Starhub, which means I have 2 routers now: the DPC3925 for Starhub and the DSL70000GRV from Singtel which is not in used.

However, the DPC3925 has not been as reliable as the DSL70000GRV and is dropping connections quite frequently. I was wondering if it is possible to bridge the 2 routers together and allow me to use DSL70000GRV for my connections.

I have changed the DPC3925 to bridged mode and connecting it to the ethernet port of DSL70000GRV but the Singtel router does not seem to be able to connect to the Internet. Are there any other settings that I need on either routers?

Thanks in advance.

You will have to make a request to starhub for activation to Direct ONT. You will have the ability to connect to 3rd party routers but don't think so you can connect to Singtel DSL7000GRV.

Do check with starhub what are the pros and cons.

Here are some links : http://community.starhub.com/t5/MaxInfinity-Fibre-BroadBand/Request-Direct-ONT-Activation/td-p/39231

Looks like is not all that smooth

Last edited:

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DPC3925 is a cable modem + router + WAP so there's no direct ONT.
If it's possible to put the DSL7000GRV to Access Point mode, try that, and put the DPC3925 back to router mode (just disable the wireless).

ViLLaRox

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to add that I downgraded from a Fibre to a Starhub cable 100mpbs, so there is no ONT in my current connection.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.