Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Viewquest. How is their service now.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Qubicfactor
  • 1 Post By derrickgoh

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2020, 02:04 PM   #1

Viewquest. How is their service now.

Hi All, My contract with M1 is due to expire this September. I have been with M1 since fibre broadband was introduced. I am thinking of switching to Viewquest. I have been reading some negative comments, but how is their service standard today? They don't throttle bandwidth and give you a free static address.

Any opinions good or bad are welcomed.
Old 26-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #2

Hi All, My contract with M1 is due to expire this September. I have been with M1 since fibre broadband was introduced. I am thinking of switching to Viewquest. I have been reading some negative comments, but how is their service standard today? They don't throttle bandwidth and give you a free static address.

- I believe that there are many opinions on the Viewqwest thread already. Is there something that your current ISP not meeting your expectations? Sometimes, the grass may not be greener on the other side. Unless you have the appetite to try something different.

- Most ISPs today don't throttle speeds already or done very minimally (maybe only certain traffic like torrents).

- Yes, VQ bundles with static IP. But, you can also get with as an addon with MR and M1.
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

If in doubt take up the no contract for a month. I personally haven't had any major issues over the last few years, but I cannot guarantee what your experience will be with them. That said I am not using their freedom VPN (which did cause my connection to be somewhat unstable and lossy when it was accidentally activated during renewal on my line).
BradenHeat likes this.
Qubicfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 06:25 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

They do not provide landline for free FYI if you need landline.
Old 26-06-2020, 06:28 PM   #5

They do not provide landline for free FYI if you need landline.
And also to TS, no porting of current digital voice (from prev ISP) to VQ.
Also option out to even be part of my consideration for VQ liao..
Old 26-06-2020, 10:13 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Paging for jackycar 🤣
BradenHeat likes this.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #7

Smile

Thank you all. I have decided to save myself grief and uncertainty and carry on with M1.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.