HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Viewquest and Portal router

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2020, 06:28 PM   #1

Viewquest and Portal router

Hi all,

Would like to seek advise on my intermittent connection. For the past 3 weeks, I've been experiencing drop connections (led on portal will turn red, then back to green). I've called technical support many times. They requested for me to turn bridge mode on for my portal (sliding the switch on my webgui). It worked on for 2 days then problem came back. Another tech support told.me that my portal must be in AP mode, so I did and worked ok. Few days later, problem is back. I solve the problem by turning off the modem and Portal then turning back on. This method too, worked for a few days before I experience dropped connection again.

Can any guru here advise what might be the problem?

Or is my portal going bonkers soon?

I'm actually thinking of getting a mesh router (eg. Orbi WiFi 6 or Asus Ax88). If so, which mesh systems available now supports DFS channels like portal as I am very satisfied with the speed I'm getting from portal.

Thanks very much
juzzmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:04 PM   #2

Anyone with any advise? TIA

Hi all,

Would like to seek advise on my intermittent connection. For the past 3 weeks, I've been experiencing drop connections (led on portal will turn red, then back to green). I've called technical support many times. They requested for me to turn bridge mode on for my portal (sliding the switch on my webgui). It worked on for 2 days then problem came back. Another tech support told.me that my portal must be in AP mode, so I did and worked ok. Few days later, problem is back. I solve the problem by turning off the modem and Portal then turning back on. This method too, worked for a few days before I experience dropped connection again.

Can any guru here advise what might be the problem?

Or is my portal going bonkers soon?

I'm actually thinking of getting a mesh router (eg. Orbi WiFi 6 or Asus Ax88). If so, which mesh systems available now supports DFS channels like portal as I am very satisfied with the speed I'm getting from portal.

Thanks very much
juzzmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:16 AM   #3

Suspect is your isp issue or vq ont Heywire.

If you have another spare router. Swap out and test. If the spare router still give you internet problem. You know the issue isn't your portal router. But VQ end or ONT issue.

That is the first level of troubleshooting I could suggest.
sadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.