HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 3

Like Tree2696Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #6001
Master Member

I use wire connect to ONT speedtest about 920mb/s then through ac87u also wire only get 470mbps
Cable I checked .Anyone know the reason?
Update to latest firmware then reset to defaults.

Ensure IPv6 is disabled, Trend Micro disabled, QoS disabled, CTF level2 enabled.
Old 25-11-2014, 01:54 AM   #6002
Master Member

Up for information if you on VQ 1Gbps and not getting this on ASUS RT-AC87U.

My viewqwest just upgraded to 1gb plan but I wire connect to ac87u only speedtest 460mb/s,

Without router pc direct wire to ONT can get 920mb/s.

The cable between ONT and ac87u changed 3 time still the same.

firmware also updated.

anyone can help me?
Do list down the various settings that you have applied on the ASUS RT-AC87U. So peeps can advise you accordingly like what ViewQwest Andr3wyong has posted some.

Ensure IPv6 is disabled, Trend Micro disabled, QoS disabled, CTF level2 enabled.
ASUS RT-AC87U is more than capable of delivering 1Gbps VQ download/upload as shown on my speedtest results.

Old 25-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #6003

Did those before and still the same.called asus hotline they also dunno.I should send it RMA
Old 25-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #6004
Supremacy Member

is asus N66U able to support VQ 1Gbps? say setting like QoS disable?

thanks
Old 25-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #6005

thanks

Technically I have a N56U in office running at 880mbps... so yea.. should be fine, if you don't mind the full 1gbps thing, and okay with 800-ish or 800 odd.
Old 25-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #6006
Master Member

thanks
N66u has hardware NAT and I would expect 900+Mbps if your desktop or notebook itself is capable of such.
Old 25-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #6007
Supremacy Member

If you can provide a traceroute we could optimize the routing for you as much as possible
Hiya

I know this is a post many moons ago.

Bungie just got back to me saying they are unable to provide any tracing or IP information about their Destiny servers.

However, they have requested ViewQwest to contact them directly @ NetworkHelp7@bungie.com so that they can work with you guys on optimisation.

Could you do this?

Thanks!
Old 25-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #6008
Master Member

Hiya

I know this is a post many moons ago.

Bungie just got back to me saying they are unable to provide any tracing or IP information about their Destiny servers.

However, they have requested ViewQwest to contact them directly @ NetworkHelp7@bungie.com so that they can work with you guys on optimisation.

Could you do this?

Thanks!
Yes we could contact them for you. Do you have an existing VQ case number?
Old 25-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #6009
Supremacy Member

Yes we could contact them for you. Do you have an existing VQ case number?
VQ Case Number as in customer of VQ? Or Case Number as in Request No?
If it's the former, yes, I'm your customer.
If it's the latter, then no, my request was made here in the forum and you asked me for traceroute information
Old 25-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #6010
Master Member

Technically I have a N56U in office running at 880mbps... so yea.. should be fine, if you don't mind the full 1gbps thing, and okay with 800-ish or 800 odd.
which firmware are you running on N56U?
Old 25-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #6011

which firmware are you running on N56U?
It should be the one counting based on current latest firmware(21st Nov 2014), 2 revisions back.
Old 25-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #6012
Master Member

VQ Case Number as in customer of VQ? Or Case Number as in Request No?
If it's the former, yes, I'm your customer.
If it's the latter, then no, my request was made here in the forum and you asked me for traceroute information
Alright can you do me a favor and summarize the issue you are facing and drop an email to noc@viewqwest.com, along with the instruction to contact Bungie to optimize?

Just let NOC know as well it's a console game so you didn't pull out the traceroute, and that for any matters they can contact myself (just use my HWZ username haha)

That way they can capture this in a ticket and update you as the case progresses.
Old 25-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #6013
Supremacy Member

Alright can you do me a favor and summarize the issue you are facing and drop an email to noc@viewqwest.com, along with the instruction to contact Bungie to optimize?

Just let NOC know as well it's a console game so you didn't pull out the traceroute, and that for any matters they can contact myself (just use my HWZ username haha)

That way they can capture this in a ticket and update you as the case progresses.
Done and done!
Old 25-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #6014
Master Member

It should be the one counting based on current latest firmware(21st Nov 2014), 2 revisions back.
thanks. 10char
Old 25-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #6015
Master Member

I'm looking to get my hands on another 2 sets of AC66U to spread WiFi around my flat (currently already have an AC68U from my purple contract).

After signing up for VQ, I get an option of ponying up $115 for an AC66U (before any SITEX promotion, right? *wink wink*).

ASUS's promotions for the AC66U at SITEX 2014 is meh (S$239 with some crappy free gift).

Lazada.sg has a listing selling the AC66U for S$225, but I don't know how reputable Lazada or that seller (Lazando) is.

Any one of you pros know a good place to grab an AC66U on the cheap? I don't mind a BNIB cast-off too
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.