HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What's the best tokkong router to replace singtel wifi gigabit router ac plus?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #1

What's the best tokkong router to replace singtel wifi gigabit router ac plus?

My current singtel wifi gigabit router ac plus sucks like hell. Using LAN still working fine but wifi totally cannot make it.

What's the best router that I can buy to replace this router or I can just add on to the ONT?

Did a few research, read about some Asus router with 3 or 4 antennas but not sure which the best.

Sorry, I'm kinda noob at this.

Any help or router list, I greatly appreciate.

Thanks.
archampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #2

Best router will probably be a pc running pfsense. If you think your Singtel router is defective maybe call Singtel and ask for a replacement?

Plenty of consumer grade routers suffer from reliability as your Singtel one.

Maybe a mikrotik hAP ac² will suit your needs?
dryteletubby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:08 PM   #3

Dun think a replacement helps, I replaced my Arcadyan AC 1900 to AC Elite, but the disconnection remains. Ppl using AC Plus also having same. Obviously, the supplier routers has serious issues. :-(
chuppachop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:16 PM   #4

Hey bro, any tips on whats the best settings for pfsense router ? Currently trying to setup PFSense on a router I bought from Taobao. Did a setup for my MIO Tv and normal internet. Now just stuck at how should I optimise and those extra functions like IDS/Snort and the firewall settings. Should I leave my firewall at default?

Best router will probably be a pc running pfsense. If you think your Singtel router is defective maybe call Singtel and ask for a replacement?

evildoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #5
Master Member

My current singtel wifi gigabit router ac plus sucks like hell. Using LAN still working fine but wifi totally cannot make it.

What's the best router that I can buy to replace this router or I can just add on to the ONT?

Did a few research, read about some Asus router with 3 or 4 antennas but not sure which the best.

Sorry, I'm kinda noob at this.

Any help or router list, I greatly appreciate.

Thanks.
wifi bad experience?

on what device? samsung? iphone?
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #6

Hey bro, any tips on whats the best settings for pfsense router ? Currently trying to setup PFSense on a router I bought from Taobao. Did a setup for my MIO Tv and normal internet. Now just stuck at how should I optimise and those extra functions like IDS/Snort and the firewall settings. Should I leave my firewall at default?
It depends on your requirements. I ended up disabling snort as my VM is running low on resources. firewall rules should be left at default unless you know specifically what you want. Maybe set up DNS caching, DNS over HTTPS, openVPN etc?
Old 09-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

From TS requirements and background, recommending an enterprise solution is not the best way to go.
Qubicfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:22 PM   #8

From TS requirements and background, recommending an enterprise solution is not the best way to go.
True but TS asked for "best"

Also due to the lack of evidence we can't assume the Singtel router is at fault and buying a 3rd party router will fix the WiFi issue.

Imo ts should ask Singtel to troubleshoot
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.