www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/)
-   -   WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/whizcomms-new-fibre-broadband-provider-5494964.html)

crewcutboy 01-11-2016 08:21 PM

The Managing Director of WhizComms is also the Managing Director of Phoenix Comms, the company that sells prepaid IDD cards. He's an ex Singtel guy. The office address for WhizComms is also the address for Phoenix Comms.

WhizComms = Phoenix Comms

snakey256 01-11-2016 08:32 PM

anyone dare to change?

croc1977 01-11-2016 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chengsun (Post 104503460)
https://www.whizcomms.com.sg/

http://marketing.whizcomms.com.sg/

Kop from EDMW

$32 a month for 1Gbps plan, but no free digital voice.

no 500mb/1gb data....

winguy 01-11-2016 11:53 PM

free 3 months trial, why not

xtwis7 02-11-2016 12:03 AM

That's interesting. I do know Phoenix cards, damn popular leh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crewcutboy (Post 104507950)
The Managing Director of WhizComms is also the Managing Director of Phoenix Comms, the company that sells prepaid IDD cards. He's an ex Singtel guy. The office address for WhizComms is also the address for Phoenix Comms.

WhizComms = Phoenix Comms


Hafi 02-11-2016 03:02 AM

sticking with M1, sure match $29 for 1Gbps in 1+ years time when I renew.

Henry Ng 02-11-2016 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hafi (Post 104512936)
sticking with M1, sure match $29 for 1Gbps in 1+ years time when I renew.

Should be la if M1 still want to be cheapest in town. A few days ago i already mentioned waiting for M1 to knockdown the price to $29 for 1Gbps plan.

xtwis7 02-11-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Ng (Post 104514169)
Should be la if M1 still want to be cheapest in town. A few days ago i already mentioned waiting for M1 to knockdown the price to $29 for 1Gbps plan.

You slowly wait lor, won't be so soon.

Henry Ng 02-11-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 104514351)
You slowly wait lor, won't be so soon.

Unless really too many people jumped over.

xtwis7 02-11-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Ng (Post 104514692)
Unless really too many people jumped over.

If they step up their marketing then everybody will lose some customers to them, not just M1. In fact, SH probably got the most to lose from this since ST indirectly gains from selling wholesale to Whiz.

Henry Ng 02-11-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 104514811)
If they step up their marketing then everybody will lose some customers to them, not just M1. In fact, SH probably got the most to lose from this since ST indirectly gains from selling wholesale to Whiz.

Actually after i jumped over to M1 i heard many ST users say ST improved a lot so i guess many people (perhap > 5k) will start to jump to this new isp. When VQ was new in Sg, many people jumped over. I guess SH and M1 will loss more customers so it will be wiser to knock down their price earlier to prevent people from jumping over.

UptheToon 02-11-2016 09:47 AM

Anyone willing to try this out? Will it be good? Quite tempting.

natzboyz 02-11-2016 09:54 AM

how to survive? Aren't they just renting the "fibre line" from SH/M1/Singtel?

Price war sure not sustainable

xtwis7 02-11-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natzboyz (Post 104515524)
how to survive? Aren't they just renting the "fibre line" from SH/M1/Singtel?

Price war sure not sustainable

They're just buying from Singtel at wholesale rates.

secureshell 02-11-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crewcutboy (Post 104507950)
The Managing Director of WhizComms is also the Managing Director of Phoenix Comms, the company that sells prepaid IDD cards. He's an ex Singtel guy. The office address for WhizComms is also the address for Phoenix Comms.

WhizComms = Phoenix Comms

singtel in disguise


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.