HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2019, 11:54 AM   #616
Master Member

Yea man. My whole family tired with them. I have 9 mnth old and we cant even call home or use our IP cams to check on her.

Here is today's speeds off my phone. Whizcomm wifi vs M1 4G. Lol.

Whizcomm Wifi
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5064773205

M1 4G
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5064779981
Please keep updating here on your progress. I might be switching to them, and will be watching this thread..

Posted from PCWX using 2 Thumbs
meekiatah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #617
Arch-Supremacy Member

just got mine installed, everything done in less than 5 minutes.

The technician did a speed test on the spot and got more than 900mbps on both download and upload.

Allowed me to do my own test as well before singing off the order form, only get 800+ up and down but i am using a ethernet to usb adapter so good enough i guess(have to consider the nanny-state stuff on my router as well).

did some preliminary ping test to the major sites and the results is consistently faster than my old starhub subscription, thou i suspect this might be due to my starhub ONT being old as hell.

IMO if you are confident that there is nothing wrong with your hardware, can just ask them to come down and troubleshoot. If the problem really lies with them then you can contest the 'maintenance' charges if there is one.
montosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #618
Master Member

My Honest Review:

Speed is stable....

3 month usage, i encounter
- 1 day cannot access to taobao.cn
- 3~5 days lags.... reload forum need 3 seconds...
- some miscommunications

Asked for the HDL issue at 1pm, they send their technician down by 4pm to settle it.

Self Help:
Every month, they will have different promotion & offers. The best offer normally land in the IT fair period which is $32 per month. They are renting singtel infrastructure, so the internet speed is stable.....they don't have a lots of subscribers, so their services/support now is excellent and speed is stable 24/7.

To Max the discounts: promos code + referral code

After signing the plan online, they will call and arrange the date within 3 working days.
1st appointment: netlink trust
2nd appointment (3 days after netlink): whizcomms

For ONT mode: The technician need to come down the second time to re-configure the ONT after HDL port-in.
For ONR mode: Just reboot, the HDL will be detected after port-in

For ONT mode: The ONR "internet"won't light up
For ONR mode: The ONR "internet" will light up

For singtel telephone line port over, just terminate all your singtel isp services and inform whizcomms the effective termination date through email: info@whizcomms.com.sg

Conclusion:
Their booths are empty during IT fair while orange is fully packed, their prices are reasonable and their support are Singaporeans..... why not give them a try?
emilex likes this.

Last edited by wongminmin; 27-06-2019 at 05:30 PM..
wongminmin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 10:54 PM   #619
Supremacy Member

Speed is stable....

- some miscommunications

Asked for the HDL issue at 1pm, they send their technician down by 4pm to settle it.

Self Help:
Every month, they will have different promotion & offers. The best offer normally land in the IT fair period which is $32 per month. They are renting singtel infrastructure, so the internet speed is stable.....they don't have a lots of subscribers, so their services/support now is excellent and speed is stable 24/7.

After signing the plan online, they will call and arrange the date within 3 working days.

For ONT mode: The technician need to come down the second time to re-configure the ONT after HDL port-in.

For singtel telephone line port over, just terminate all your singtel isp services and inform whizcomms the effective termination date through email: info@whizcomms.com.sg

Conclusion:
Their booths are empty during IT fair while orange is fully packed, their prices are reasonable and their support are Singaporeans..... why not give them a try?
Did you just sign up with them? So there is a promo price going now?

I am looking at switching from VQ. My contract has expired and now on a $55 per month 1 GBPS no contract plan (not by choice). Already paid till the end of July (damn they collect in advance).

If you have promo code to share, will appreciate it.
Old 27-06-2019, 11:41 PM   #620
Master Member

Did you just sign up with them? So there is a promo price going now?

I am looking at switching from VQ. My contract has expired and now on a $55 per month 1 GBPS no contract plan (not by choice). Already paid till the end of July (damn they collect in advance).

If you have promo code to share, will appreciate it.
i signed up during march~april, which is the lowest according to their previous promos.

their promotion is pretty straight forward, u can check out at their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/WhizComms/

then the referral link u can find at previous posts. i think got 10% monthly discounts. i signed up at booth so didn't got the chance to use referral.
Old 28-06-2019, 12:24 AM   #621
Master Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what is HDL?

Old 28-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #622
Master Member

home digital line
Old 29-06-2019, 03:45 PM   #623
Supremacy Member

Haidilao hotpot
Xtreme_Funktions likes this.
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 03:46 PM   #624
Supremacy Member

Yea man. My whole family tired with them. I have 9 mnth old and we cant even call home or use our IP cams to check on her.

Here is today's speeds off my phone. Whizcomm wifi vs M1 4G. Lol.

Whizcomm Wifi
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5064773205

M1 4G
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5064779981
Dun happen that ur FO cable is coiled too tight?
Old 29-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #625
Master Member

Haidilao hotpot
Heng I never add the Y behind HDL...

Old 02-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #626

Just switched to Whizzcomms from Viewqwest. So far still ok, even though i got a feeling that the speed is not as good as Viewqwest especially when browsing Taobao. Will monitor, might change to M1 once the contract is up.
kimutaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #627

Nope everything on my side was fine. I believe even their Gateway way alright. Just that they did something at their end that screwed things up for me.

Anyway I cancelled the contract FOC as I told them speedtest clearly indicated breach of the minimum speeds promised in the contract.

Luckily did not cancel my hub internet. Now i truly appreciate the speeds and CS from them green pipes
lilelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:18 AM   #628
Supremacy Member

Nope everything on my side was fine. I believe even their Gateway way alright. Just that they did something at their end that screwed things up for me.

Anyway I cancelled the contract FOC as I told them speedtest clearly indicated breach of the minimum speeds promised in the contract.

Luckily did not cancel my hub internet. Now i truly appreciate the speeds and CS from them green pipes
Good to hear you got some solution though!
Old 09-07-2019, 09:24 AM   #629

Anyone knows what are dns servers address for this whizcomm ISP? Thanks
tuntun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #630

Speed is stable....

- some miscommunications

Self Help:

Conclusion:
Hi, i did not manage to sign up VQ in time yesterday, to catch the offer.. the VQ promotion this month is worse than yesterday.. Happen to see your intro on WhizComm. Can you PM me your referral code? Thank you.
yong1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.