WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider

rajeev3001

Reaction score
Hi check so if i buy AC2600 can use for WhizComms? Just to confirm?

Yes my Linksys AC2600 works fine. More than 1 year now.

My previous Singtel router also worked fine with Whizcomms (used for few days).. but I don't know the model number of that singtel router. You can maybe just try singtel one first if you like it. Can easily find a new ac2600 on carousell if singtel one doesn't work.

Ericgoh1234

Reaction score
Hi I’m a Tech Noob.
I intend to subscribe whizcomm no frill plan and intend to buy Google nest wifi + 1 wifi point.
What are the steps required? I did abit of research that I need to email to let them know I need ONT.
afterwhich, I just plug n play?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes my Linksys AC2600 works fine. More than 1 year now.

My previous Singtel router also worked fine with Whizcomms (used for few days).. but I don't know the model number of that singtel router. You can maybe just try singtel one first if you like it. Can easily find a new ac2600 on carousell if singtel one doesn't work.

Singtel issued router like AC Plus or older AC Elite will automatically run in AP mode if connected to other router, like the ONR from Singtel or Whizcomms.

If you have asked Whizcomms to configure the ONR in ONT mode (Bridge mode), I believe Singtel AC Plus or AC Elite will not work due to the built-in Vlan.

Asus RT-AC2600 or Linksys EA8100 can be configured as AP or Router so they will work under Whizcomms, no matter ONR or ONT mode. And in router mode, they can be configured with vlan (for Singtel ONT users), or without vlan (for Whizcomms ONT users, M1 or Starhub users).

giraffey

Reaction score
Hi I’m a Tech Noob.
I intend to subscribe whizcomm no frill plan and intend to buy Google nest wifi + 1 wifi point.
What are the steps required? I did abit of research that I need to email to let them know I need ONT.

- It should work either ONT or ONR mode. But, ONT mode would be easier to configure.
- It is not exactly plug and forget. There are still some steps to follow through. You can refer to the steps on Google. https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9548301?hl=en-SG

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I’m a Tech Noob.

Do not get it. It is one of the worst Mesh solutions.

For one thing it will not work if you are using ONR, unless you allow Double NAT.
https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6240987?hl=en-SG

The whole problem is that it does not support Mesh when run in AP mode.

Hacker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got the fibre line installed today. I got the approval prior to signing up that I will get ONT. However, it came with their own router providing me private IP addresses. Is this correct? I thought if I am using ONT, I can connect to my own router's WAN port and it will be a public IP. Now it is double NAT. Sigh.....

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got the fibre line installed today. I got the approval prior to signing up that I will get ONT. However, it came with their own router providing me private IP addresses. Is this correct? I thought if I am using ONT, I can connect to my own router's WAN port and it will be a public IP. Now it is double NAT. Sigh.....

Hmm, this should not be correct. I think they did not configure the ONR to ONT.

ONR -- all ports working, double NAT if you do not want to configure your router as an AP.

ONT -- only one port working, no double NAT

loganrunning

Reaction score

did you ask the installer about ONT/bridging before he left?

the process is
1. install as ONR, test speed, and you sign off on that.
2. then they bridge it, you plug in your pc or router, test, and sign off. then they leave.

Hacker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did you ask the installer about ONT/bridging before he left?

the process is
1. install as ONR, test speed, and you sign off on that.
2. then they bridge it, you plug in your pc or router, test, and sign off. then they leave.

Installer said form said ONR. Whizzcomms asked me to go down to the office to change from ONR to ONT.

My experience:

1) Signed up but profile was not created and the installer came and could not test. No internet. Had to escalate and internet was available few hours later.
2) Confirmed to install ONT prior to signing up (have the emails), but now asking me to go down to their office.The paperwork said ONR.

Poor first contact with a new customer.

Hacker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, this should not be correct. I think they did not configure the ONR to ONT.

ONR -- all ports working, double NAT if you do not want to configure your router as an AP.

ONT -- only one port working, no double NAT

Whizzcomms confirmed ONR and not ONT as documented in the emails and agreement. Said testing would be ONR. I have to go down to their office to configure ONT. Wasting my time to rectify their mistake.

No apologies of course.

gridee

Reaction score
Anyone encounter this?

Hi,

Just switch ISP to WC.. encounter the error 'internet connection lost' when trying to test speed using okla. Speed test with previous ISP is fine.

Internet is connected during the test though.

Thanks..

loganrunning

Reaction score
Installer said form said ONR. Whizzcomms asked me to go down to the office to change from ONR to ONT.

My experience:

1) Signed up but profile was not created and the installer came and could not test. No internet. Had to escalate and internet was available few hours later.
2) Confirmed to install ONT prior to signing up (have the emails), but now asking me to go down to their office.The paperwork said ONR.

Poor first contact with a new customer.

Hmm, not good.

Hope they rectify it for you.

Hacker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, not good.

Hope they rectify it for you.

They did in the end. But this were the steps:

1) Called them to make appointment to change the modem model. Asked about the time, so that I need not wait.
2) WC said they will get everything ready at the appointed time. I only need to pop in, exchange the devices and off I go.
3) I arrived a few minutes past 11am (the appt time), but had to wait. The device was not yet ready.
4) Waited about 10 minutes and completed the exchange.

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I request ont mode, I can plug-and-play using any router?

Do I need to change to singtel profile?

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT

loganrunning

Reaction score
If I request ont mode, I can plug-and-play using any router?

Do I need to change to singtel profile?

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT

mine works on any router i have tried so far. set wan = dhcp. no vlan settings/profiles needed

not tried any singtel-only routers though

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine works on any router i have tried so far. set wan = dhcp. no vlan settings/profiles needed

not tried any singtel-only routers though
Tried a crossflashed Singtel-aztech 7009grv(?) Ac2600 model and works well after setting up manually

loganrunning

Reaction score
Tried a crossflashed Singtel-aztech 7009grv(?) Ac2600 model and works well after setting up manually

you managed to get the non-singtel firmware?

i couldnt find one for my fg7003, so tried stripping out any singtel stuff, vlan, went thru the config xml file as well. didn't work, so relegated it to an AP (where it works fine, as the cpu doesn't need to handle routing).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.