www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/)
-   -   WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/whizcomms-new-fibre-broadband-provider-5494964.html)

monky91 09-01-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaofan (Post 124524161)
You change the ONR to ONT by yourself? In that case it is said that this will not work.

If you want ONT, then you have to get Whizcomms to configure for you before the installation.

Or pay Whicomms S$53.5 transportation fee to configure for you. Maybe they need to do something from their backend, just like Singtel.

Ref: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...494964-45.html

Nope I went to their office to change to ONT

monky91 09-01-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulupandan (Post 124524491)
You may want to try this:
Turn OFF both ONT & Asus router. Leave them OFF for 10-minutes. Turn ON only the ONT, let the lights stable for 10-minutes. Then turn ON the Asus router. This is to allow the ONT to “forget” the previous DHCP configuration and allow it to register a “new” DHCP. It may take awhile for the “internet” red light to turn to white on Asus router , need to be patient.

Thanks I tried but doesn't seem to work. I even tried to reset the router.

Just want to check, it's automatic connection (without user name and password) and not static IP right?

Any specific ISP setting, like singtel-others?

wkl1987 17-01-2020 04:38 PM

guys need some help

plan to shift to whizcomms when my starhub homehub expiring end of this month

likely to signup for their no-frills plan using my starhub router - EA7500 linksys

would this be workable ? any additional setting required ? i was planning to do factory reset to the router, thats all

i also chat with the whizcomms online cs officer, i was asking about the ONT , and they say will supply the ONR. How would it affect my router ? Anything i need to do ?

appreciate someone to help.

uncle_josh 17-01-2020 06:51 PM

Yes, your EA7500 will work. Just remember to ask whizcomms to convert ONR to ONT b4 coming down to do the installation.

Sent from 今天工作不努力, 明天努力找工作 using GAGT

zapzap 18-01-2020 01:03 PM

Thinking of switching to whizcomm also. When is usually a good time to subscribe for best offer? Road show? Tech shows?

nez 18-01-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkl1987 (Post 124649764)
guys need some help

plan to shift to whizcomms when my starhub homehub expiring end of this month

likely to signup for their no-frills plan using my starhub router - EA7500 linksys

would this be workable ? any additional setting required ? i was planning to do factory reset to the router, thats all

i also chat with the whizcomms online cs officer, i was asking about the ONT , and they say will supply the ONR. How would it affect my router ? Anything i need to do ?

appreciate someone to help.

If using your own router I think need to use ONT. need to tell them you using back own router & to let technician know you want ONT.

newsera 18-01-2020 01:53 PM

Do we get Public IP when using ONT which is accessible externally? or Is Whizcomm still assigning Private IP to customers and NAT on their end?

charlesdygreat 18-01-2020 03:33 PM

In case you want to stream content, 2 Mbps is good for streaming SD quality video and lossless music, 3 Mbps is good for standard quality videos while 5 Mbps is good for streaming high-definition videos. For those who want full HD video and audio streaming, 10 Mbps internet connection is enough. Whizcomm best rate bros!

giraffey 18-01-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsera (Post 124660891)
Do we get Public IP when using ONT which is accessible externally? or Is Whizcomm still assigning Private IP to customers and NAT on their end?

To be able to do that, you need to get a static public ip internet line. Only VQ includes it in their plans. It can be added on for M1 and MR.

xiaofan 18-01-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsera (Post 124660891)

Yes you get a public IP (dynamic IP, which may change). If you want to access from outside to your home network, you may want to use a dynamic DNS services to make things easier.

Only MyRepublic uses carrier grade NAT by default. But you can pay for Static IP.

Ref:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...p-5947914.html

Ref
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...c-5494149.html

wkl1987 18-01-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nez (Post 124660740)
If using your own router I think need to use ONT. need to tell them you using back own router & to let technician know you want ONT.

Or i should just use their ONR ?

Compare to ea7500 linksys router which perform better ?

giraffey 18-01-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkl1987 (Post 124664829)

Yes. You can also use it in onr mode. After which, you can use your linksys outer as an access point mode. Even if you leave it as default (router mode), it will still function. Just that you will get double nat, which some users do not prefer.

nez 18-01-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkl1987 (Post 124664829)

I use my own Asus router so I just ask them to set as ONT. I don’t want end up not able to use any feature on my router due to ONR. Better flexibility if you ask me

charlesdygreat 19-01-2020 10:12 AM

The advantage of this type of broadband is that you can watch videos, browse the web and play games faster. So see how.

xiaofan 19-01-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlesdygreat (Post 124671598)
The advantage of this type of broadband is that you can watch videos, browse the web and play games faster. So see how.

Please do not troll.

If you are an AI robot, then it is pretty good. Tests passed. No need to continue.