HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2020, 12:16 AM   #751

You change the ONR to ONT by yourself? In that case it is said that this will not work.

If you want ONT, then you have to get Whizcomms to configure for you before the installation.

Or pay Whicomms S$53.5 transportation fee to configure for you. Maybe they need to do something from their backend, just like Singtel.

Ref: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...494964-45.html

Nope I went to their office to change to ONT
monky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:18 AM   #752

You may want to try this:
Turn OFF both ONT & Asus router. Leave them OFF for 10-minutes. Turn ON only the ONT, let the lights stable for 10-minutes. Then turn ON the Asus router. This is to allow the ONT to “forget” the previous DHCP configuration and allow it to register a “new” DHCP. It may take awhile for the “internet” red light to turn to white on Asus router , need to be patient.

Thanks I tried but doesn't seem to work. I even tried to reset the router.

Just want to check, it's automatic connection (without user name and password) and not static IP right?

Any specific ISP setting, like singtel-others?
monky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 04:38 PM   #753

guys need some help

plan to shift to whizcomms when my starhub homehub expiring end of this month

likely to signup for their no-frills plan using my starhub router - EA7500 linksys

would this be workable ? any additional setting required ? i was planning to do factory reset to the router, thats all

i also chat with the whizcomms online cs officer, i was asking about the ONT , and they say will supply the ONR. How would it affect my router ? Anything i need to do ?

appreciate someone to help.
wkl1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 06:51 PM   #754

Yes, your EA7500 will work. Just remember to ask whizcomms to convert ONR to ONT b4 coming down to do the installation.

Sent from 今天工作不努力, 明天努力找工作 using GAGT
uncle_josh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 01:03 PM   #755

Thinking of switching to whizcomm also. When is usually a good time to subscribe for best offer? Road show? Tech shows?
zapzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 01:40 PM   #756
nez
Supremacy Member

guys need some help

plan to shift to whizcomms when my starhub homehub expiring end of this month

likely to signup for their no-frills plan using my starhub router - EA7500 linksys

would this be workable ? any additional setting required ? i was planning to do factory reset to the router, thats all

i also chat with the whizcomms online cs officer, i was asking about the ONT , and they say will supply the ONR. How would it affect my router ? Anything i need to do ?

appreciate someone to help.
If using your own router I think need to use ONT. need to tell them you using back own router & to let technician know you want ONT.
nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #757

Do we get Public IP when using ONT which is accessible externally? or Is Whizcomm still assigning Private IP to customers and NAT on their end?
newsera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #758

In case you want to stream content, 2 Mbps is good for streaming SD quality video and lossless music, 3 Mbps is good for standard quality videos while 5 Mbps is good for streaming high-definition videos. For those who want full HD video and audio streaming, 10 Mbps internet connection is enough. Whizcomm best rate bros!
charlesdygreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 05:32 PM   #759

Do we get Public IP when using ONT which is accessible externally? or Is Whizcomm still assigning Private IP to customers and NAT on their end?
To be able to do that, you need to get a static public ip internet line. Only VQ includes it in their plans. It can be added on for M1 and MR.
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 06:15 PM   #760
Master Member

Yes you get a public IP (dynamic IP, which may change). If you want to access from outside to your home network, you may want to use a dynamic DNS services to make things easier.

Only MyRepublic uses carrier grade NAT by default. But you can pay for Static IP.

Ref:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...p-5947914.html

Ref
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...c-5494149.html

Last edited by xiaofan; 18-01-2020 at 06:20 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #761

If using your own router I think need to use ONT. need to tell them you using back own router & to let technician know you want ONT.
Or i should just use their ONR ?

Compare to ea7500 linksys router which perform better ?
charlesdygreat likes this.
wkl1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 09:37 PM   #762

Yes. You can also use it in onr mode. After which, you can use your linksys outer as an access point mode. Even if you leave it as default (router mode), it will still function. Just that you will get double nat, which some users do not prefer.
charlesdygreat likes this.
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 09:59 PM   #763
nez
Supremacy Member

I use my own Asus router so I just ask them to set as ONT. I don’t want end up not able to use any feature on my router due to ONR. Better flexibility if you ask me

Last edited by nez; 18-01-2020 at 10:04 PM..
nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 10:12 AM   #764

The advantage of this type of broadband is that you can watch videos, browse the web and play games faster. So see how.
charlesdygreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 10:50 AM   #765
Master Member

The advantage of this type of broadband is that you can watch videos, browse the web and play games faster. So see how.
Please do not troll.

If you are an AI robot, then it is pretty good. Tests passed. No need to continue.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.