www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/)
-   -   WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/whizcomms-new-fibre-broadband-provider-5494964.html)

uncle_josh 19-03-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgreview (Post 125719841)
Hi, appreciate if anyone can offer any advice for a intermittent issue.

Joined WhizComms for about 3 months - 500mbps plan. All was good until recently, the 5G network kept dropping. Meaning can see the network, but can't connect, will show "authentication error occured", happened on all devices be it laptops or mobile phones. At first, thought may be my router issue, so did a reset, was ok for a while, then the issue came back. Any idea what else I can do? Is it WhizComms issue? Need to call them to check?

Do a direct ONR/ONT connection.

If it doesn't drop connection, then it is not whizcomm problem.

The most likelyhood is your router up lorry. Time to go Carousell and source for EA8100. Cheap and good�.

Sent from 今天工作不努力, 明天努力找工作 using GAGT

robolee 20-03-2020 12:14 AM

Can i have anyone to tracert/winmtr to 103.4.115.248 just for comparison.

RollingGoodTime 01-04-2020 07:16 PM

anyone can share their speed test results for either 500mb or 1GB plan? thanks.

RollingGoodTime 03-04-2020 11:57 PM

this isp dead?

not much people using? thought of signing up :s11::s11:

alex22 05-04-2020 02:37 AM

Ok for me, simple needs

rainbow99 05-04-2020 01:27 PM

so far so good, thumbs up.
But i notice the ping to nvidia game server quite bad, more than 300. Previously using Starhub also similarly bad though. Is this because we don't have a nearby game server?

cheeseburger93 05-04-2020 04:36 PM

I think if you going for cheapest than itís certainly this ISP

tanyj82 07-04-2020 02:11 AM

I been using since the 1st 100 customer and still with them. They have not down since the day I install. The fiber always up. I have monitoring in place to check that.
The speed varies abit for my 500mbps package but never goes below 350 mbps.
I would say their technical support is slow but they never leave behind the problem as I have complex technical regarding routing issue and they nail it down after long back and forth email(7 days). I been with SH and ST, each time i call them the case start from 0. While whizzcomm continue from what I left behind.

As for their mesh or wifi router, you better of buying yourself one. None of them is great. I was hoping they would pair with better router model.

If you have wifi issue(most complaining), it is your router issue and nothing to do with whizzcomm. Singapore is fill with too many wifi and most channel already used up. Do wifi scan and check for available channel. Also buy a better wifi router.

VeryCoolDude 07-04-2020 10:32 PM

https://i.imgur.com/naZBjzg.jpg
Thinking of signing whizcomms as they offered the cheapest mesh broadband combo. Is their speed ok? M1 really disappointed me for the last 2years

Posted from PCWX using Mi 9T

textshitpost 08-04-2020 08:08 AM

>M1 really disappointed me for the last 2years

how so? for me($29plan, using wired to the same old n56u tht came with the plan) its the laggy yellowbar ping in halo3 on 360 playing with us/cad peeps(reach noprob though always greenbar, h4 last remember was still yellowbar like h3...but i hvnt played it in 4ever since u hv to go through hell to get the stupid game to NOT say im not connected to xbl evn though im looking at my friggin friends list, dontknow if thts a m1 peering issue or h4 and 3v4i just sucks thtbad lol...but yeah i actually like h4, its chickenrunspartanchargeh5 i dont like wht canisay im a herectic )..yes my 360 is dmz...no, idk how to make blackops3 on pc be openet, the many planned maintenance downtimes at night which suks for a nightowl like me(i wasnt shocked at all when tht islandwide outage happened). the good thing abt them for me as a smartdnstrial user is that their socalled dynamic ip they give u nvr evr changes unless u purposely turn onoff the black ont or dis/enable internet in 19216811, idk if all other isps are also like tht(well, the ones tht dont make ure ont into a onr like singtel and, if u dont make a special request, whiz, iguess...hey op maybe u should post in the singtel thread instead, since whiz just resells singtel,they evn gave tht free vuepremium), but just tht practically static ip means ill nvr leave m1. as a laptop user i dont torrent much thks to lookmovieag nitestv flixtorto/ac nyaafilmer, but the few times i did it did seem like m1 takes awhile to find peers, and suks at finding peers for anything but something superseeded on the front/homepage, but of the peers u find, speeds are prettydecent and dont seem capped, but i only download 1/2 small movies in a lizasbluemoon, not games so maybe cap kicksin after some gb, and i cant say my laptop upnp is done totally correct though, can pass utorent setup upnp test, and the portnumber shows up in n56u logpage, but this little upnptest.exe i found online got some of the checklist i fail. alwas had great speeds using nord/netflix(hoaqq is bankrupt!? insert shocked johnmalkovich face frm johnnyenglish here) so i assume m1 aint lying abt their no networkshapingpolicy(tht vpn thread is so stupid, nord accs are byfar the easiest thing to get on pstbin..., and u can just do a infinite 1week freetrial of privatevpn...insert joke here abt usings the stones to fool the stones aka using a vpn to do unlimited vpn trials cause im too lazy/scared to change my m1 ip cause see below..but nah WS briannaworth nanomachines magic bs), but i find sometimes if a site like hqp0rner(my waifu and litmustest lol) is slow(aka hovering/capped around 4-6mbps in taskmgr, instead of u know mbps ramping up to 10+ and quickly buffering everything and droping down to 0) i hv to either use nord, or get a new ip in 192168, or turnonoff n5u and ont together or something under a auspicious moonlight to get speeds go again...samething for lookmovie being a good litmus test i guess, but hey, evn though its prob the n56u fault, i dont jerk...care enough to buy a whteve routers lazada has for under $70 and hv to relearn the 192168 ui and how to hide mah ssid set to ap isolated change wifi channel txpower turn off 5ghz cause 2.4g masterace and ****..or try to learn padawan merlin whteve(im on the officialatest 2017 firmware), ive never gotten good speeds on flixtorlife without using a vpn(always capped at 2mbps), i cant think of any other site tht behaives like tht, wonder if thts a **** m1 peering thing, the website itself capping every sg isp thing, or justme

peoples who pay anything abv $26.90/29.90 for fiber really make me mad like get some expansion switch damit...I LIKE WIRES!

ill say this much, with the n56u(after putting it near the maindoor right beside the ont with max tx power, yet speeds were still bs with the ipad, i gave up and set to lowest tx power and dtim/beacon interval of 3/500 cause after i moved tht thing to right in the center of the hdb, placed within inches of the wall just outside our bedrooms, why dafuqnot), its always the ipad(had the 2012 retina, then the air2..during which was when i moved the n56u, now a 10.5 pro....hdr p3 whteve...**** still looks da same to me) tht always is way slower/weaker 2.4g signal than my china oem android phones, always takes the longest to reconnect if i airplane mode(cause of my hidden ssid i guess)..and thts why dafuq not

someone eli5 myrepublics carriergradenet bs

i must say this maybe my finest shitpost yet, anyone who gets to the sentence deserves premiumembership on sbfrocks

Spirax 18-04-2020 11:34 PM

ONR HG8244H are simple to install for DIY user

https://www.whizcomms.com.sg/wp-cont...tart-Guide.pdf

https://www.whizcomms.com.sg/faq-broadband/

rainbow99 19-04-2020 06:59 PM

hi can anyone help to see if u can access the following page? i cant reach it when in whizcomms wireless, whether desktop or mobile wireless, but i can do it when using starhub mobile
https://login.starhubgee.com.sg

Error when using Chrome:
This site canít be reachedThe connection was reset.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics

Error when using IE:
Canít connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the websiteís owner.

uncle_josh 19-04-2020 07:43 PM

type inetcpl.cpl -> advanced tab -> security section -> change TLS to 1.0 and 1.1

Sent from 今天工作不努力, 明天努力找工作 using GAGT

rainbow99 19-04-2020 08:01 PM

no luck still :(

alex22 22-04-2020 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow99 (Post 126512294)
hi can anyone help to see if u can access the following page? i cant reach it when in whizcomms wireless, whether desktop or mobile wireless, but i can do it when using starhub mobile
https://login.starhubgee.com.sg

Error when using Chrome:
This site canít be reachedThe connection was reset.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics

Error when using IE:
Canít connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the websiteís owner.

Yup, same result as u.
Works on my non-SH mobile data plan but NOT my WC internet connection.

Please report to WC's tech support chat page