HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Whizcomms Port Forwarding for WOL

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #1

Whizcomms Port Forwarding for WOL

Hi Guys, I would like to setup port forwarding for WOL purposes but I am having hard time configuring.

My device is as follow:
ONR - Whizcomms (Singtel/Huawei HG8244H)
Router - Asus RT-N56U
My PC is connected to Asus Wireless Router.

I am using no-ip for DDNS service, and I just want to setup the service for TeamViewer WOL service.

I have followed the guide online and as follow, but it just doesnt work:
https://www.whizcomms.com.sg/wp-cont...ing-on-ONR.pdf

Some of the key question I have:
1) In the No-IP target IPv4 address, that should be my internet ip right? The one gotten from google what's my IP.
2) Do I need to set my wireless router to be access point only? I can access to the internet by plugging in the LAN cable to both ONR modem and Asus Router. (In Asus Router, it mentioned I am on multiple NAT, which I think thats causing the problem)

3) In the IPv4 Port Mapping in ONR, the internal host do not have my PC IP and MAc Address, not sure manually typing only the IP in will work or not? I am not sure what should be the value for Internet Port Number and External port number as well.
4) Despite properly setyp the DDNS function, DDNS service run state is still down, not sure why.

Hope to get some help

Last edited by monky91; 25-11-2019 at 11:32 AM..
monky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.