HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

WIFI 6 Mesh Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2020, 06:01 PM   #1

Question WIFI 6 Mesh Challenge

Can someone help please? I run a WIFI 6 network with Netgear RAX200 (AX11, 000) at home. The Netgear RAX200 is in the living room at the fiber point. The rooms have low signals and sometimes no signals at all so I want to amplify the network through a mesh device. I have a Nokia Beacon 1 from Starhub which I tried to connect as a mesh to the Netgear RAX200 but I just canít seem to do so. Has anyone succeeded to leverage the mesh technology on their Netgear RAX200? How have you done it? Can I use my existing hardware instead of buying new devices? Thank you so much!
neerajvishindas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Can someone help please? I run a WIFI 6 network with Netgear RAX200 (AX11, 000) at home. The Netgear RAX200 is in the living room at the fiber point. The rooms have low signals and sometimes no signals at all so I want to amplify the network through a mesh device.

I have a Nokia Beacon 1 from Starhub which I tried to connect as a mesh to the Netgear RAX200 but I just can’t seem to do so.

Has anyone succeeded to leverage the mesh technology on their Netgear RAX200? How have you done it? Can I use my existing hardware instead of buying new devices? Thank you so much!
Netgear RAX200 is a high end router but it is not for mesh.

You may consider buying Netgear Orbi which is the leading mesh solution in the market, for example.

As for which Orbi to buy, it will depend on your budget and needs. If you have LAN ports in the rooms, cheaper one will do. If not, triband Orbi solutions are recommended, like Orbi RBK53, RBK752 and RBK852.

Last edited by xiaofan; 21-12-2020 at 06:47 PM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.