www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/)
-   -   Wifi Mesh is it really good? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/wifi-mesh-really-good-5993247.html)

CrispyPeddler 15-02-2019 04:02 PM

Wifi Mesh is it really good?

hi, currently i have issues with wifi network at my 3 bedroom BTO where all the room only have like 1 bar and speedtests shows only 10mb or lower. surfing net speed are so irregular

tried home plug + homeplug wifi and still doesnt help much. the main homeplug even get very hot.

so im out of my wits to fix the wireless signal and wanna ask if anyone using wifi mesh at home and how was the speed and any cons before i pull my plug on this expensive mesh

kashix 15-02-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrispyPeddler (Post 119204123)
hi, currently i have issues with wifi network at my 3 bedroom BTO where all the room only have like 1 bar and speedtests shows only 10mb or lower. surfing net speed are so irregular

tried home plug + homeplug wifi and still doesnt help much. the main homeplug even get very hot.

so im out of my wits to fix the wireless signal and wanna ask if anyone using wifi mesh at home and how was the speed and any cons before i pull my plug on this expensive mesh

What router are you using? Can go for a strong router instead, I’m using Asus ac86u, can cover my entire 5 rm place by just using 5ghz. It depends on ur house structure. If you want failsafe, mesh can cover wider distance but speed slower only.

szeli 15-02-2019 04:39 PM

mesh is e easiest way to fix coverage issues

iCubes 15-02-2019 04:45 PM

I used a powerful ASUS router before but still not powerful enough to fight with the walls and electronic interference. Using mesh solved it.

coldkey 15-02-2019 07:06 PM

For WiFi, line of sight matters especially for 5GHz band.

Try to position the router nearer to the doors so that the signal has a clearer path to your rooms. If the router cannot be moved, try connecting an Access Point with Ethernet or PowerLine connection and place it near the doors.

A strong router only helps one way, you still need a clean path to send the signal from your device to the router.

Before doing anything, try running a channel scan on your router, you might be on a busy channel used by a lot of neighbors.