HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wifi Mesh is it really good?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iCubes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2019, 04:02 PM   #1

Wifi Mesh is it really good?

hi, currently i have issues with wifi network at my 3 bedroom BTO where all the room only have like 1 bar and speedtests shows only 10mb or lower. surfing net speed are so irregular

tried home plug + homeplug wifi and still doesnt help much. the main homeplug even get very hot.

so im out of my wits to fix the wireless signal and wanna ask if anyone using wifi mesh at home and how was the speed and any cons before i pull my plug on this expensive mesh
CrispyPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

hi, currently i have issues with wifi network at my 3 bedroom BTO where all the room only have like 1 bar and speedtests shows only 10mb or lower. surfing net speed are so irregular

tried home plug + homeplug wifi and still doesnt help much. the main homeplug even get very hot.

so im out of my wits to fix the wireless signal and wanna ask if anyone using wifi mesh at home and how was the speed and any cons before i pull my plug on this expensive mesh
What router are you using? Can go for a strong router instead, I’m using Asus ac86u, can cover my entire 5 rm place by just using 5ghz. It depends on ur house structure. If you want failsafe, mesh can cover wider distance but speed slower only.
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

mesh is e easiest way to fix coverage issues
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #4

I used a powerful ASUS router before but still not powerful enough to fight with the walls and electronic interference. Using mesh solved it.
mun_hoe likes this.
iCubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #5

For WiFi, line of sight matters especially for 5GHz band.

Try to position the router nearer to the doors so that the signal has a clearer path to your rooms. If the router cannot be moved, try connecting an Access Point with Ethernet or PowerLine connection and place it near the doors.

A strong router only helps one way, you still need a clean path to send the signal from your device to the router.

Before doing anything, try running a channel scan on your router, you might be on a busy channel used by a lot of neighbors.
coldkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.