WIFI range extension for Mobile Hotspot

e1504xh

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am having an event soon and would require internet connection at my event venue.

I have the E5372 Huawei modem with me and have also purchased mobile broadband data from SingTel.

However, after some testing i realise that the range of the wifi connection is too short for me. I need my mobile broadband hotspot to reach further.

Im a noob in this kind of thing. Any advice? Will a WIFI range extender works? Can mobile hotspot wifi from my huawei mobile modem by extended?

Thank you all!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am having an event soon and would require internet connection at my event venue.

I have the E5372 Huawei modem with me and have also purchased mobile broadband data from SingTel.

However, after some testing i realise that the range of the wifi connection is too short for me. I need my mobile broadband hotspot to reach further.

Im a noob in this kind of thing. Any advice? Will a WIFI range extender works? Can mobile hotspot wifi from my huawei mobile modem by extended?

Thank you all!

Perhaps u can buy an external antenna from huawei? Ur e5372 might not be able to handle range extention..

e1504xh

Reaction score
I checked, external antenna from Huawei can only strength signal but not extend the range leh...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I checked, external antenna from Huawei can only strength signal but not extend the range leh...

Then u might need a 4g/3g router that is not portable.. such a portable device doesnt support usage of so many clients..

e1504xh

Reaction score
But how do i connect my mifi to the router? My mifi only has a USB port... But actually my mifi can support up to 10 clients already. Which is enough for me. Its just that the coverage is not far enough. I just want to extend the coverage.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But how do i connect my mifi to the router? My mifi only has a USB port... But actually my mifi can support up to 10 clients already. Which is enough for me. Its just that the coverage is not far enough. I just want to extend the coverage.

You cant overcome the limit which the device is not meant for.

If you need wider coverage, u have to explore those mifi with antennas. Tplink dlink have it..

Sorry i cant think of any ways to expand ur coverage..

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe can use RT-AC68/66U as a repeater to mifi.

If not, use it as a router and use a 4G usb dongle and plug into the router as WAN. If outdoor no power point, then u might need to get a UPS to power your router.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.