Windows 10 PC cannot access USB drive attached to wireless router

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am using Singtel AC1200 gigabit wireless router and a 128GB USB drive attached to it. My Windows 7 and 8 systems can access it but not Windows 10 systems. Any tips on how to enable the Windows 10 systems to access the USB drive is much appreciated.

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not why u even bother with such a "nas" option... the drive speed would be severely limited to less than 15mb/s which would make the experience not even worth the time and effort.

Get a proper nas bah

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. My current of transferring a bunch of excel files via USB thumb drive is a pain. It's convenience way of sharing files.

Manage to get it to work for Windows 10 by enabling SMB1. Thanks.

squarepipe

Reaction score
tsk tsk... Standard Singapore mentality if can work is good enough liao don't care if its insecure or inefficient.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tsk tsk... Standard Singapore mentality if can work is good enough liao don't care if its insecure or inefficient.

No credit card info or anything valuable. Just some excel spreadsheet and macros for testing purposes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.