www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The iPad Sanctum (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/)
-   -   [Apple Store] iPad Mini (2013) Availability Related Discussions [NO SALES] (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/%5Bapple-store%5D-ipad-mini-2013-availability-related-discussions-%5Bno-sales%5D-4458180.html)

revolta 13-11-2013 01:18 PM

[Apple Store] iPad Mini (2013) Availability Related Discussions [NO SALES]

ipad mini with retina display Depth:
7.5 mm (0.29 inch)

ipad mini Depth:
7.2 mm (0.28 inch)

Different depth lei.
Ipad mini casing really can fit for ipad mini with retina display

porcu 13-11-2013 01:52 PM

Nope, me already on 4G.

porcu 13-11-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinti (Post 81113636)
Yeah! Even those bosses also pretent to take MC, urgent leave too. not just normal employees!:s13:

Bosses are no saint ba. They are more eviil than you! That's why they are the bosses, can climb so high resting on top of the tree do bird-talks and do nothing, and not you! :D:D:D :vijayadmin:

I declared I go buy iPad mini. No need lie or take mc.

trinex 13-11-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porcu (Post 81114948)
Nope, me already on 4G.

how is the display? is it sharper and clearer then the air or the same?

GoToSea 13-11-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porcu (Post 81114976)
I declared I go buy iPad mini. No need lie or take mc.

you must have been "servicing" ur manager or boss privately. lol

any review or defect on ipad mini 2 ?

etcl 13-11-2013 02:06 PM

Just got my 128gb from Jem. Bro picked it up for me. Heard that 128 is very limited

porcu 13-11-2013 02:09 PM

Ok, I have been playing around for a few hours. I noticed the screen to be more yellowish than the iPad Air which tends to be bluish. Maybe LCD is from different makers. IPad Air from LG (?) and iPad Mini from Sharp.
I have the LG G2, so I tend to find the Air display more pleasing....also close to HTC Butterfly and Ones.
Mini R's display reminds me of my Asus Padfone Infinity and iPhone 5.

Battery life seems good. Three hours and noticed only 15% drop and I was reinstalling apps,etc.

Weight wise I find it to feel almost same as the Air but easier to grip. The size is just nice!!

Overall I find myself using the mini more......

The feeling is like holding the Galaxy Note 8.0 with case as I am having the wife version with smart cover.

masotime 13-11-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porcu (Post 81115351)
Ok, I have been playing around for a few hours. I noticed the screen to be more yellowish than the iPad Air which tends to be bluish. Maybe LCD is from different makers. IPad Air from LG (?) and iPad Mini from Sharp.
I have the LG G2, so I tend to find the Air display more pleasing....also close to HTC Butterfly and Ones.
Mini R's display reminds me of my Asus Padfone Infinity and iPhone 5.

Battery life seems good. Three hours and noticed only 15% drop and I was reinstalling apps,etc.

Weight wise I find it to feel almost same as the Air but easier to grip. The size is just nice!!

Overall I find myself using the mini more......

Sounds good. However, both iPad Air and Retina mini screens should be IGZO panels (i.e. same tech). There have been reports of yellowish on the side screens for the iPad Air (mine is one actually, getting a replacement soon). The Kindle Fire HDX 7" uses LTPS and has a very obvious blue light on the sides (I also own this so this is from personal experience).

I suspect that companies experiment with new display techs, these defects will be around for a while, but should clear up in later generations of gadgets.

Aleksandr 13-11-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porcu (Post 81115351)

This is interesting. So you feel the weight difference is negligible? And you don't think the screen is too small? Also have Air and pre-ordered the Mini from Apple (LTE so must wait 21-28 Nov for delivery), wondering which one to use/keep..

porcu 13-11-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleksandr (Post 81115973)
This is interesting. So you feel the weight difference is negligible? And you don't think the screen is too small? Also have Air and pre-ordered the Mini from Apple (LTE so must wait 21-28 Nov for delivery), wondering which one to use/keep..

Apart from size, I find the weight negligible.
Maybe it's my smart over on the mini.
iPad air feels more like a slate (like the Xperia Z tablet) whereas iPad mini feels like a note pad.

I am also very confused at this moment. But I don't find the smaller screen to be a minus.

But I am using the mini more. Maybe it's new but not sure. I have both the Air and mini in front of me now. :s22:

wohouboy 13-11-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porcu (Post 81112129)
No worries la. Running on Singtel 4G at full speed...

Am I the only idiot with LTE here?

hi bro. can you try reading any Zinio magazines on your Mini RD? I had a Mini and had to zoom in and out everytime i read e-magazines because the display was too low Res.

Have an ipad Air now but if i can do the same on a Mini might hoot one too

porcu 13-11-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 (Post 81117355)
ST need 1 day to activate the 4G data... so relax and wait. I'm waiting too ;)

But mine already 4G leh....

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/981/4pr2.jpg

porcu 13-11-2013 04:03 PM

I realised there are no static wallpapers... Only default one. On iPad Air there are many static wallpaper choices.

runforyourlife 13-11-2013 04:29 PM

later those in mrt holding mini one zi dong if alot ppl ah..... :spin:

porcu 13-11-2013 04:33 PM

I took my iPad mini to a best Denki store just now, the Apple shop staffs all stared in amazement. Lol. They checked and even got more amazed seeing that my set is LTE and 128Gb in General settings.
Quite funny looking at their excited faces...lol