HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #181
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just wondering how long will it take for someone to put SL in iPad.
not possible? if can think would have done that on ipod touch/iphone already?
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #182
Master Member

Interesting commentary by NYtimes

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/28/te...gue-email.html

Today Apple finally unveiled its tablet computer, the iPad. Thus concludes Phase 1 of the standard Apple new-category roll-out: months of feverish speculation and hype online, without any official indication by Apple that the product even exists.

Now Phase 2 can begin: the bashing by the bloggers who've never even tried it: "No physical keyboard!" "No removable battery!" "Way too expensive!" "Doesn't multitask!" "No memory-card slot!"

That will last until the iPad actually goes on sale in April. Then, if history is any guide, Phase 3 will begin: positive reviews, people lining up to buy the thing, and the mysterious disappearance of the basher-bloggers.
haha...I second his opinion. This baby will sell. Geeks wont buy it....but Apple doesnt care about them...Laymen will buy this and they will also pay for the apps. Wait for the day this is finally released in SG. You will have to start queuing up a couple of days in advance
rahul49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #183
Supremacy Member

Just wondering how long will it take for someone to put SL in iPad.
not possible? if can think would have done that on ipod touch/iphone already?
Not feasible also unless they tweak it to some extent IMO. They made a choice to go with a proven OS that uses touch, saving them a bit of trouble to develop/redevelop a new OS. I just hope they continue to make changes to the custom iPhone OS that they will be using to make full use of the iPad.
Old 29-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #184
Arch-Supremacy Member

Interesting commentary by NYtimes

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/28/te...gue-email.html

haha...I second his opinion. This baby will sell. Geeks wont buy it....but Apple doesnt care about them...Laymen will buy this and they will also pay for the apps. Wait for the day this is finally released in SG. You will have to start queuing up a couple of days in advance
like in real life......the common leechers like bimbos........all shiny & nice looking but without any worthy features......

then they married the bimbo home and found out that the bimbo is only good for show off to your friends during gathering....other than that....Nein.

I make no apology for my above comparison.
Old 29-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #185
Supremacy Member

like in real life......the common leechers like bimbos........all shiny & nice looking but without any worthy features......

then they married the bimbo home and found out that the bimbo is only good for show off to your friends during gathering....other than that....Nein.

I make no apology for my above comparison.
It's always been like that anyway, there are lotsa aunties and uncles who buy the iPhone and are not really that computer literate...end up not really using it plus they lose out cause they don't know how to access the App Store.

Buy just because it's the "in" thing.
Old 29-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #186
Arch-Supremacy Member

i may sound mean by saying this but i can guarantee alot of ppl will starts to drink urine if it ever becomes an 'in'......

just baffled by ppl that do not have individuality and a mind of their own and just follow whatever 'trend' it might be..............be it how illogical and nonsensical that trend is....

And before u said i am a M$ Follower/Apple Basher...........i owned a 3GS......my first (and last) apple product that i bought.....

And I make no apologies for the above statement.
Old 29-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #187
Master Member

It's always been like that anyway, there are lotsa aunties and uncles who buy the iPhone and are not really that computer literate...end up not really using it plus they lose out cause they don't know how to access the App Store.

Buy just because it's the "in" thing.
There are also the spec-whore geeks who buy Apple stuff just to show off to their friends that they are less geeky and more cool than people make them out to be, only to be let down by the fact that they can't spend time on their newly purchased Apple product tuning and tweaking, and when the revelation hits them that they will actually have to start getting things done on the product, they sell them away and buy a winblow product so that they can once again settle back into their comfort zone of tuning and tweaking and not actually doing anything substantial in life.
Old 29-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #188
Master Member

i may sound mean by saying this but i can guarantee alot of ppl will starts to drink urine if it ever becomes an 'in'......

just baffled by ppl that do not have individuality and a mind of their own and just follow whatever 'trend' it might be..............be it how illogical and nonsensical that trend is....

And before u said i am a M$ Follower/Apple Basher...........i owned a 3GS......my first (and last) apple product that i bought.....

And I make no apologies for the above statement.
You should get a China iPhone instead. Suits your "requirements" more.

And I make no apologies for the above statement either.
Old 29-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #189
Arch-Supremacy Member

You should get a China iPhone instead. Suits your "requirements" more.

And I make no apologies for the above statement either.
maybe i should..........if the china 'iClone' respect my intelligence and let me do the things that i want...instead of deciding for me what i want.....

i thought i bought an iPhone..........why does it feels like i am only renting it and not owning it?

Sounds like the PAP administration to me.....the ppl no need to think....the powers that be already decided what's best for u

before the mods come and stop this, i will chill out for now. This is the Apple forum so what i am typing here will be irrelevant

Chill.
Old 29-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #190

if only we can put bbom on this

then this is a must buy for stay in nsf..
I think you got a point here. No camera, so very NS compatible.
NineNineNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #191

well... ipad should only be used once a month.
sp0rky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #192
Arch-Supremacy Member

Apple & Bose are lifestyle brand-names for non-geeks and show-offs.....All fluff, over-priced with only basic features.
Old 29-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #193

just a question..why ipad dont come with USB port?
roslee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #194
Arch-Supremacy Member

because apple wants to sell the adaptor lah....
porcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #195
Arch-Supremacy Member

well... ipad should only be used once a month.
u mean it will also leak red fluids on those times???
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.