HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #226
Arch-Supremacy Member

For me, I dun really do multi-tasking and I feel that wasnt ipad's primary strategy as well.
IF (Big IF) i decide to get one, it will be used in following order:

1. Casual Surfing (wifi or bbom)
2. Watching movies
3. Light reading
4. Photo viewing
5. Music
6. Games
7. chat
Old 29-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #227
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://www.funnyordie.co.uk/videos/d2b714361c/hello

Ipad with phone function?

imagine HUGE number pad for u to press.
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #228

many of u ppl gave jobs and apple too much credit....

for every iphone/ipods, there's a apple pippins or appletv......

the thing is, not every released by apple is gold.

in fact, if u r old enough, i'm sure u can remember some of the spectacular duds apple released back then.....

Apple currently still have what i called the 'obama effect'. When obama first came into office early last year, the american hailed him as the coming of christ and savior, golden crown, turning water to wine, halo and all. But alas, reality kicks in and now ppl realised that he is no god.

Same with apple. They make good (looking) products....sure.........but every product they released is a repackaging of an existing product......with a better casing. The mainstream probably will be drooling over their stuff but any decent technology users will be baffled by the stuff that they released.
Which tech company always release "hit" product? None.
These are business that take risk whenever they release new products.
Apple almost bankrupt few years back even got "loan" from Microsoft
But look where they are now. Apple Inc. is bigger than HP, Dell, IBM in market capital.
Point is Apple learned from their mistakes and now very profitable. You can have the best tech but nobody buys/uses.
Sofa_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #229

Can we JB an iPAD?
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #230
Supremacy Member

Can we JB an iPAD?
I don't think anybody knows yet considering it hasn't even hit the shelves.
Old 29-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #231
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can we JB an iPAD?
ur question is the same as asking "what is the next 4D/Toto number that going to open"
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #232
Master Member

many of u ppl gave jobs and apple too much credit....

for every iphone/ipods, there's a apple pippins or appletv......

the thing is, not every released by apple is gold.

in fact, if u r old enough, i'm sure u can remember some of the spectacular duds apple released back then.....

Apple currently still have what i called the 'obama effect'. When obama first came into office early last year, the american hailed him as the coming of christ and savior, golden crown, turning water to wine, halo and all. But alas, reality kicks in and now ppl realised that he is no god.

Same with apple. They make good (looking) products....sure.........but every product they released is a repackaging of an existing product......with a better casing. The mainstream probably will be drooling over their stuff but any decent technology users will be baffled by the stuff that they released.
Well, Obama is still the hardest working president America ever got.... when asked about his less than popular decisions and how this will affect his mid term polls, he answered that he'd rather be known as a 1 term president who's done more for his people than a 2 term president who's done little.

Likewise, Steve Jobs is the best CEO any company has ever seen (and this has been validated by Harvard, Fortune, etc) and the company's products are always at the top echelon of it's product class and have the sales figures to prove it.

If your statements had even the slightest validity, then prove them with hard facts. Numbers and figures please.
Old 29-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #233
Master Member

Which tech company always release "hit" product? None.
These are business that take risk whenever they release new products.
Apple almost bankrupt few years back even got "loan" from Microsoft
But look where they are now. Apple Inc. is bigger than HP, Dell, IBM in market capital.
Point is Apple learned from their mistakes and now very profitable. You can have the best tech but nobody buys/uses.
They went bust before Steve was hired back into Apple.

I totally agree about this. People have still not realised that technology alone is cold and boring. You can have the highest spec whatever, but without the great user experience, it will be an epic fail. Just look at the iPod when it first came out. It was more expensive than most of it's competitors, it did less even. But it became the best selling mp3 player. Why? Well, most sour-pus will tell you it's because of Apple's Marketing engine, but any half-wit person will be able to tell you that marketing alone without a great product will never get you to the top. Until the clueless geeks realise this, I guess we are doomed to hear these nay-sayers flood Apple forums with their nonsense until sales figures shut them up.
Old 29-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #234
Master Member

http://www.funnyordie.co.uk/videos/d2b714361c/hello

Ipad with phone function?

imagine HUGE number pad for u to press.
lol, did you see the old man's reaction...
Old 29-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #235

Why compare iPad against Netbook ah? I tot it should probably match with tablets from other manufacturer.
Old 29-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #236
Arch-Supremacy Member

its the same platform as iPhone, so I guess JB should be possible ....
siron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #237

ur question is the same as asking "what is the next 4D/Toto number that going to open"
I happened to know. Quick go buy 7635 sure open.... ;p
prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #238

Why compare iPad against Netbook ah? I tot it should probably match with tablets from other manufacturer.
My guess many tech manufacturer came up with netbook as the 'product' between a laptop and a smartphone. However, Jobs insisted netbook is not good enough to carry out the 'tasks' during his keynotes. He came up with iPad...

novatliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #239
Greater Supremacy Member

My guess many tech manufacturer came up with netbook as the 'product' between a laptop and a smartphone. However, Jobs insisted netbook is not good enough to carry out the 'tasks' during his keynotes. He came up with iPad...

he said it himself.. PC SOFTWARE.. tats y come up with ipad for apple software.. lol...

low quality display??? netbook now can play hd movie... not sure wad he means by tat...

slow? yeah,netbook is slow... how much faster can this 1ghz a4 processor over netbook atom n450.... we know can play hd movies at least...

but the main thing for ipad is... no PC SOFTWARE
idiort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #240
Greater Supremacy Member

ipad will be a category on its own...

when hp slate tablets come out with win 7,other brands will follow.. all of them are tablets category.. very different from this ipad.... ipad simply cant compare and match tablets with windows os with PC SOFTWARE.....
idiort is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.