HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #256

After all the hype and seriously looking at the capabiliies of the ipad, I thanked god apple's not the king of the hill during recent times. I loved macs and the iPhone but after reading why they are simply not embracing flash due to the fact that they want everyone to buy apps and not visiting hulu and playing flash games and all, seems a bit of industry bullying in effect.

But enuff of ranting, looking at the current specs and lack of multitasking and flash an not knowing how will I get the 'Ultimate Multimedia Experience' on the ipad, I will still settle down nicely with my iPhone, netbook and mac. Oh yes, and I'm still loving my kindle.
packetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #257

iPad is useless. I will never get this because it can't multi-task, no flash, no camera, no usb ports. An iPhone is better. Compact and handy
Old 30-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #258
Supremacy Member

Seriously, what would you use USB ports for? Just curious.
Old 30-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #259

I guess USB is needed if iPad is treated like a netbook replacement (a productivity tool that's light enough to be carried around), which the iPad isn't (and this diminishes its value/usefulness tremendously).
pikeplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #260
Arch-Supremacy Member

MatrixFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #261

In ipad context, USB port for tranfering photos from camera or some other stuff when I don't have a computer for syncing. They have USB port attachment tho just that have to buy. Apple is all about $.
Adelyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #262

I guess USB is needed if iPad is treated like a netbook replacement (a productivity tool that's light enough to be carried around), which the iPad isn't (and this diminishes its value/usefulness tremendously).
USB port has its use, else they wun bothered to sell USB attachments. Just that not everyone will need it in ipad.
Adelyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #263

It'll be just like iPhone. When iPhone first came out, there were lots of criticism. Look at how successful iPhone is now.
The reason : App Store.

iPad will be the same. By itself, maybe limited usage. But with the thousands of apps available, endless ...

I'll be getting one.
kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #264
High Supremacy Member

I only have two concerns. First, the lack of flash. Many websites these days use flash. Perfect e.g. was this afternoon when my cousin and I went out. He tried viewing G2000's website to see where the nearest outlet was. Flash website. Suck thumb, can not view. I had to use my N97.

Second, no USB port. This means I can't print. Ok not vital but still its nice to have. More importantly I can't even plug in a thumbdrive so I can't copy things out either for backup or sharing or copy things to the iPad.

These two issues may not be an issue to others but to me its a good reason to wait for iPad 2.0 and see what it offers. In fact the lack of flash is one of the reasons why I'm still reluctant to get an iPhone.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #265

I tink the USB port is essential for transferring of photos esp if you are travelling overseas and is a trigger happy traveller.

Its also good for Internet Tethering esp at places where there is no WiFi.

So yup.. its really sad that there isnt a usb port =(
chewbacca80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #266
Master Member

Well there is the adapters for photo transfers. For tethering, if that's available, I'm sure Bluetooth would be more convenient than USB. File transfers are not an issue. We already have wifi drive applications which can be downloaded for free from the AppStore, and there are many other options for those of us that sync documents online via MobileMe and google doc, etc. Yes, USB may be nice to have but I don't see it as a necessity.
systemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #267

but bluetooth drain battery, usb can charge and tether at the same time
chewbacca80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #268
Supremacy Member

but bluetooth drain battery, usb can charge and tether at the same time
And drain battery at the same time...and nobody ever said you could tether your iPad to the iPhone I think, unless I missed out something.

Anyway in all seriousness, if you buy the iPad, it's mainly an entertainment device with a little bit of work stuff thrown in it, it'll never be a netbook replacement or a full computer. I think that's the thing with the iPad, people misunderstand what it actually is. And the lack of USB isn't that a big of a deal...how often do you need to print from such a device? Do you print from your iPhone/iPod Touch? Might not even have enough juice to power up an external HDD.
Old 30-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #269

found this on my friend's twitter, interesting 'comparison'

Old 30-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #270
Arch-Supremacy Member

iPad is useless. I will never get this because it can't multi-task, no flash, no camera, no usb ports. An iPhone is better. Compact and handy
u know Apple, they like to 'implement' more things on later version.

USB port for transfer of files? I think the future is 'cloud'. u can use mobileme, dropbox etc
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.