HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #286
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah sometimes i just like to return back to the hotel n immed trf the photos to laptop for editing.. but i realise too that i cant dl photo editing software into ipad =P so well...
best to edit photos with bigger screen. small screen strain ur eyes and makes u tired. like that how to take nice pic the next day

enjoy the shooting, leave the editing when back home
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #287
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to clarify, the usb adapter comes with the iPad as part of the package. So by all means complain about the fact that there is a USB adapter needed but don't complain that you have to buy an adapter because that's not true.
In the apple website, it mentions 4 things contained in the box:
  1. iPad
  2. Dock Connector
  3. 10W USB Power Adapter
  4. Documentation

The iPad Camera Connection Kit for data transfer for cameras via SD card or USB may be sold separately since its not mentioned.
kaisoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #288
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://www.apple.com/sg/ipad/specs/

In the Box
iPad
Dock connector to USB cable
10W Power Adapter
Documentation
Wah you reply so fast
Old 31-01-2010, 12:34 AM   #289
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah you reply so fast
fast meh? its 1hr after he posted that
Old 31-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #290

Well there is the adapters for photo transfers. For tethering, if that's available, I'm sure Bluetooth would be more convenient than USB. File transfers are not an issue. We already have wifi drive applications which can be downloaded for free from the AppStore, and there are many other options for those of us that sync documents online via MobileMe and google doc, etc. Yes, USB may be nice to have but I don't see it as a necessity.
Until most camera can sync wirelessly, and 3G network can download a 8GB files from dropbox within minutes, I'll say USB it's still necessary. Well, since USB adapter comes within the package, there's nothing much to complain about the lack of USB anymore.
Adelyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #291
Supremacy Member

Until most camera can sync wirelessly, and 3G network can download a 8GB files from dropbox within minutes, I'll say USB it's still necessary. Well, since USB adapter comes within the package, there's nothing much to complain about the lack of USB anymore.
I don't think that USB adapter is what you think it is.

In the Box

* iPad
* Dock connector to USB cable
* 10W Power Adapter
* Documentation
I can't think of a scenario where I would want to transfer photos to my iPad immediately though, maybe for larger viewing? If I was on a holiday, usually I don't review my photos on a computer until I get home or even if I do, I'll bring my MBP since my photos are in RAW anyway.

ANYWAY, it's possible with the iPad camera connection kit which is listed as an optional accessory, so there you have it. I still don't think USB is THAT much of a deal breaker.
Old 31-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #292
Arch-Supremacy Member

fast meh? its 1hr after he posted that
after 1hr? anyway still faster than my reply mah
Old 31-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #293
Arch-Supremacy Member

Found a pretty informative first lookhere. Some real closeup shots. Another one here.

Its possible also Apple may decide to add in some stuff for the launch version.

Microsoft and HP announced the HP Slate earlier than Apple did with the iPad. Lets see who launches the product first.
Old 31-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #294
High Supremacy Member

I dunno, I still think it should run OS X and not iPhone OS. Then again, without a USB port, there's no way you can connect a thumbdrive or external DVD drive so how the heck are you going to install anything unless it was downloaded from the net?
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #295
Arch-Supremacy Member

I dunno, I still think it should run OS X and not iPhone OS. Then again, without a USB port, there's no way you can connect a thumbdrive or external DVD drive so how the heck are you going to install anything unless it was downloaded from the net?
From the net and more specifically Itune app store.
Vittra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #296

The first iPhone was sucky. The first iPad is also sucky. But I trust Apple, though I hate the current iPad now, I still think I will get it in the end, not the current model but the next generation. Now just have to wait for the next iPhone! It better be good!!!
Old 31-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #297

In the apple website, it mentions 4 things contained in the box:
  1. iPad
  2. Dock Connector
  3. 10W USB Power Adapter
  4. Documentation
The iPad Camera Connection Kit for data transfer for cameras via SD card or USB may be sold separately since its not mentioned.
Funny, when I click the link I see for S/No 2 "Dock Connector to USB Cable" Why did you just write "Dock Connector"?

Anyway, my bad, that cable is just the usual cable that connects the iPod/iPhone to your computer's USB slot.

Last edited by NineNineNine; 31-01-2010 at 06:50 PM..
NineNineNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #298
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am thinking of getting one without 3G first... if good, will upgrade to a 3G one when its out!
siron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #299
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am thinking of getting one without 3G first... if good, will upgrade to a 3G one when its out!
so u going order from oversea lah. cause if launch in international, the 3G + WIFI will be in store by then.
Old 31-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #300
Master Member

Actually the only reason I want the 3G model is for the GPS function. I may just cave in and get the wifi model when it's out.
systemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.