HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #301
Arch-Supremacy Member

so u going order from oversea lah. cause if launch in international, the 3G + WIFI will be in store by then.
Yes yes yes! once its out I will buy it! hehe. When US launching huh? I will get my friend to get it for me if possible
siron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #302
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes yes yes! once its out I will buy it! hehe. When US launching huh? I will get my friend to get it for me if possible
60 days later start from the launch event.

there wont be contract base , so its possible that ur friend can get it for u
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #303
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah sometimes i just like to return back to the hotel n immed trf the photos to laptop for editing.. but i realise too that i cant dl photo editing software into ipad =P so well...
if ipad can do that(including running full ver. of photoshop)...i would buy it without second thought..lol..exactly same as u..cant wait to edit my photos =x
Old 31-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #304

if ipad can do that(including running full ver. of photoshop)...i would buy it without second thought..lol..exactly same as u..cant wait to edit my photos =x
Hrmm.. I hate to imagine people poking his fingers on my face for photoshop editing.
Old 31-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #305

Not sure if this have been posted or if i have been slow but iPad has been updated in the Singapore Web showing its availability in Singapore i guess for sure.
lacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #306
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not sure if this have been posted or if i have been slow but iPad has been updated in the Singapore Web showing its availability in Singapore i guess for sure.
I noticed that too quite a few hours ago. Click NOTIFY ME
Old 01-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #307

I found this very interesting article on the iPad as a board game device. It sounds really cool: http://recombu.com/news/ipad-board-g...rm_M11370.html
pikeplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #308
High Supremacy Member

The iPad has a lot of potential, especially for deployment in certain areas if people develop apps for it properly.

I must note the Omni Group has declared their intention to develop for the iPad, even at the expense of slower development times for their desktop applications... That would make the iPad a serious corporate contender if OmniGraffle, OmniPlan and other apps are available at the typically low App Store prices.

Those who diss the iPad too early obviously don't see the potential and are just fixated on it being an overglorified eBook reader. Even Amazon.com is threatened enough to pull a publisher's books off their print AND digital stores for asking for better pricing terms.

However, all that said, I probably still won't buy one unless I have a windfall...

/Dan
Old 01-02-2010, 02:13 AM   #309
Arch-Supremacy Member

The iPad has a lot of potential, especially for deployment in certain areas if people develop apps for it properly.

I must note the Omni Group has declared their intention to develop for the iPad, even at the expense of slower development times for their desktop applications... That would make the iPad a serious corporate contender if OmniGraffle, OmniPlan and other apps are available at the typically low App Store prices.

Those who diss the iPad too early obviously don't see the potential and are just fixated on it being an overglorified eBook reader. Even Amazon.com is threatened enough to pull a publisher's books off their print AND digital stores for asking for better pricing terms.

However, all that said, I probably still won't buy one unless I have a windfall...

/Dan
same, will sit and wait. don't see a need for it now.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #310
Arch-Supremacy Member

Somehow i thought it would really come in handle for me for work. Organizer and emails. And of course with the many 'sure to come' apps for iPad. Wow. Its gonna be quite a show in time!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:40 AM   #311
Arch-Supremacy Member

Let's go for some creative, constructive thoughts here.

I was reading this article about the method of file access on the iPhone/iPad OS.

Then I thought about what I would want to do with an iPad, if I had one. Photo editing is one of the main uses that comes to mind (as some have mentioned earlier). I would also like to do some casual web coding on-the-go. Have a library of code reference iBooks, a nice little text editor, and a web browser. No server-side stuff, just simple frontend web scripting and layout. Obviously by now some hardware and software hurdles are already accumulating, but let's focus on the article at hand.

How would you enable multiple apps to access the same files? Like separate photo-editing and viewing software? How will third-party developers collaborate with Apple (and among themselves) on this? Sharing of data among applications?

Shared cloud databases could be one way.
Simply sharing local files between apps is another, though it could get messy as all documents of one app is stored in the app's folder, and deleted when the app is removed. A common folder for a category of apps?

Any ideas?

(I don't use the iPhone so any clarifications on the way the file system works would be good, too.)

Last edited by cyuxiang; 01-02-2010 at 06:43 AM..
cyuxiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #312
Supremacy Member

Somehow i thought it would really come in handle for me for work. Organizer and emails. And of course with the many 'sure to come' apps for iPad. Wow. Its gonna be quite a show in time!
Buy already must review hor.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #313
Supremacy Member

Colbert shows off an iPad (real) at the Grammys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxPYkqlw2aI
Old 01-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #314
Arch-Supremacy Member

its out in US already??
Old 01-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #315
Arch-Supremacy Member

its out in US already??
no lah . most likely Apple pay him to do that
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.