HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #316

Colbert shows off an iPad (real) at the Grammys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxPYkqlw2aI
Apple's marketing machine has started
alpha_kenny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #317
Arch-Supremacy Member

hopefully we would see lots of custom made apps for the ipad soon..so far i stil don find it too useful.. >.<
Old 01-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #318

Kind of disappointing, just an oversized ipod. We are not asking for ground breaking technology here, they are not even trying.

I was hoping for at least a light version of OSX here.
tiewkiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #319
Supremacy Member

Kind of disappointing, just an oversized ipod. We are not asking for ground breaking technology here, they are not even trying.

I was hoping for at least a light version of OSX here.
Watch the keynote, it's basically just a device that does SOME things better, not everything. The key things listed were:

Browsing
Email
Photos
Video
Music
Games
eBooks

So yes, it is an oversized iPod Touch...but that works for some people.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #320
Arch-Supremacy Member

Buy already must review hor.
Sure if I ever lay my hands on it! When is US launching? Gosh.. Just imagine the queue! But I am glad this iPad (at least the WIFI model) will not be tie to any contract
siron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #321
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sure if I ever lay my hands on it! When is US launching? Gosh.. Just imagine the queue! But I am glad this iPad (at least the WIFI model) will not be tie to any contract
though i told u? 60 days start from the date of the event
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #322
Arch-Supremacy Member

though i told u? 60 days start from the date of the event
Sorry forgot that! 60 days... Darn thats so long!! hahaha
Old 01-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #323

u should not forget that you should not base the iPad on the apps that it ship with. The reason the iPhone became so popular isn't because of its shipped apps. Maps, phone, music all these are great apps but they arent the one that helped it grow. It's the Apps that came later on like Shazam, remote, aNote, Straits Time and many more apps.

iPad will be the same concept, its a good device right now, but as time passes it will grow and get better. A proper monopoly app can now be done cause of its bigger size.

Imagining a borring night with ur family and u took out ur iPad for a touch game of Monopoly or even risk. Isn't of just paper, its pure touch screen and whats more u can add graphics as u move about.
lacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #324

Any hardware is as good as the software or application that it runs.

I think the iPad will be the same as the iPhone as the market warms up and new applications comes on board. Imagine the day that children will only need to bring it to school and not the overweight school bags. They will be able to highlight, make notes etc. etc. just one use. I'm sure there will be plenty more.

Viewing the launch and presentation by the various application vendors I was wondering how come the other vendors who had it much earlier than Apple (including the Sony etc.) did not develop theirs to this level of ease and beauty!

We shall all wait and see what future unfolds
trans168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #325

i still hope 3rd party developers can hype up this device for the petrol head audiences by tapping into the ECU protocol.
The power of mobile+locational computing can push beyond anything on the market right now.

This one device could probably be the only interface a driver need to control the entire car system and a wife's brilliant helper to trace down his husband's whereabout.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #326
Arch-Supremacy Member

i still hope 3rd party developers can hype up this device for the petrol head audiences by tapping into the ECU protocol.
The power of mobile+locational computing can push beyond anything on the market right now.

This one device could probably be the only interface a driver need to control the entire car system and a wife's brilliant helper to trace down his husband's whereabout.
sure have one lah. look at iPhone/iPod Touch. its just a 'medium' for the apps developer to create apps.

there are alot of better specs phone out there. u see.. better specs.. and Thats All. Its like it fill the cup to the up rim...and stop.. but iPhone/iPod touch, the water overflow (with apps). yeah. almost more than half might be useless apps, but there are more than enuff apps out there that are really useful and cheap

bad thing is Apple is a control freak
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #327

people might critics ipad now but in future, it will be a favourite gadget coz of its size, weight and price. The most important things is open for developer like iphone. Its the applications and games that help ipad be popular soon. Looks iphone now, there is thousands of apps right now. Any other iphone like nokia or blackberry got many apps and games?
roslee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #328
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yep the growth is exponential But I am really really really looking forward to full flash on mobile safari. Cuz of certain websites example internet banking , Singpass etc.

Hope Adobe could relook into this
Old 02-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #329
Supremacy Member

Yep the growth is exponential But I am really really really looking forward to full flash on mobile safari. Cuz of certain websites example internet banking , Singpass etc.

Hope Adobe could relook into this
I think you're referring to Java instead.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #330
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think you're referring to Java instead.
oppps.. Yeah yeah
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.