HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #331

Yep the growth is exponential But I am really really really looking forward to full flash on mobile safari. Cuz of certain websites example internet banking , Singpass etc.

Hope Adobe could relook into this
Steve Jobs on Adobe: " They are lazy, Jobs says. They have all this potential to do interesting things but they just refuse to do it. They donít do anything with the approaches that Apple is taking, like Carbon. Apple does not support Flash because it is so buggy, he says. Whenever a Mac crashes more often than not itís because of Flash. No one will be using Flash, he says. The world is moving to HTML5."

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/...es-steve-jobs/
alpha_kenny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #332
Supremacy Member

Steve Jobs on Google:

"Jobs, characteristically, did not mince words as he spoke to the assembled, according to a person who was there who could not be named because this person is not authorized by Apple to speak with the press.

On Google: We did not enter the search business, Jobs said. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We wonít let them, he says. Someone else asks something on a different topic, but thereís no getting Jobs off this rant. I want to go back to that other question first and say one more thing, he says. This donít be evil mantra: ďItís bull****.Ē Audience roars."

Wah, simply bcos Google became a competitor, he concludes that Google is evil? How come he seems to be dishing all his competitors so intensively recently? In summary, from his POV,

Adobe is lazy
Google is evil
Windows OS is unnecessarily complicated (bcos who launches a core product with so many different versions/variations)
Netbboks suck at what they are meant to do
Nokia, Samsung & Sony are small fries in the mobile industry

From the look of things, it's gonna be an interesting & competitive year...
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #333

He described Google's "don't be evil" mantra as bull****. He never said Google was evil.

Google has an informal motto labelled "Don't be Evil." Search wiki if you want to find out more.

Chill.

Last edited by NineNineNine; 02-02-2010 at 04:22 PM..
NineNineNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #334

Steve Jobs on Google:

"Jobs, characteristically, did not mince words as he spoke to the assembled, according to a person who was there who could not be named because this person is not authorized by Apple to speak with the press.

On Google: We did not enter the search business, Jobs said. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We wonít let them, he says. Someone else asks something on a different topic, but thereís no getting Jobs off this rant. I want to go back to that other question first and say one more thing, he says. This donít be evil mantra: ďItís bull****.Ē Audience roars."

Wah, simply bcos Google became a competitor, he concludes that Google is evil? How come he seems to be dishing all his competitors so intensively recently? In summary, from his POV,

Adobe is lazy
Google is evil
Windows OS is unnecessarily complicated (bcos who launches a core product with so many different versions/variations)
Netbboks suck at what they are meant to do
Nokia, Samsung & Sony are small fries in the mobile industry

From the look of things, it's gonna be an interesting & competitive year...
Tech giants fight is good for consumers. Good products at even better prices.
Sofa_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #335
Supremacy Member

...Google has an informal motto labelled "Don't be Evil." Search wiki if you want to find out more...
Yup, this business philosophy of theirs is very famous; did u manage to read about it? It started when Google's industrial footprint grew exponentially. On the other hand, if I'm not wrong, the founders of Google, Larry Page & Sergey Brin seemed to have left the company's active management already.

He described Google's "don't be evil" mantra as bull****. He never said Google was evil...Chill.
I was under the impression it was implied?

I'm not agitated; I'm just excited to see what he can conjure up next...
Old 02-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #336

He described Google's "don't be evil" mantra as bull****. He never said Google was evil.

Google has an informal motto labelled "Don't be Evil." Search wiki if you want to find out more.

Chill.
Maybe he's talking about Apple ex-board member, now Google CEO Schmidt
alpha_kenny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #337
Supremacy Member

Red face

Maybe he's talking about Apple ex-board member, now Google CEO Schmidt
Eric Schmidt ah? He has taken over the rein from Larry Page & Sergey Brin...
Old 02-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #338

i think iPad will be quite successfully maybe not now but in the near future... we have seen how iPod, iPhone grew... Alot of ppl who tested iPad says the interface is same if not much better than iPhone.
Maybe it is more expensive than netbooks, but seriously i was never fan of netbooks.

Take a look @ http://usingapple.com/2010/02/all-yo...t-apples-ipad/
A summarize of iPad plus a chart showing us... actually iPad is not as expensive as we thought... kindle and other eBook reader with worse hardware are actually selling at a very close price range...
TobiasCai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #339

Have u all seen google's chrome os concept art video on tablet? It seems alot like iPad...
http://usingapple.com/2010/02/googles-ipad/
TobiasCai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 AM   #340
Arch-Supremacy Member

i am seriously considering investing in a iPad rather than in a netbook....................
GegeV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:31 AM   #341

sure have one lah. look at iPhone/iPod Touch. its just a 'medium' for the apps developer to create apps.

there are alot of better specs phone out there. u see.. better specs.. and Thats All. Its like it fill the cup to the up rim...and stop.. but iPhone/iPod touch, the water overflow (with apps). yeah. almost more than half might be useless apps, but there are more than enuff apps out there that are really useful and cheap

bad thing is Apple is a control freak
As a matter of fact, I realised there are already such product and apps for iphone and it ingeniously uses wi-fi transmission to communicate with the module although that raised another question - will the iphone/ipad automatically use 3G for internet and still connects to the wi-fi?

On the issue for Apple being control freak - praise the glory for jail breaking and support open source.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #342
Master Member

As a matter of fact, I realised there are already such product and apps for iphone and it ingeniously uses wi-fi transmission to communicate with the module although that raised another question - will the iphone/ipad automatically use 3G for internet and still connects to the wi-fi?

On the issue for Apple being control freak - praise the glory for jail breaking and support open source.
That's really cool. Any info on pricing?

Control is not necessarily a bad thing. I see that Apple so far has employed the right amount of controls (san AT&T limits imposed due to it's partnership) to make the App Store the success that it is and hence brought success to many small players.

People nowadays like to echo calls for freedom and less control in their lives without understanding or realising the eventual implications of what they are asking for.

You jailbreak your iPhone = you are more likely to use JB apps instead of purchase from the App Store = dampen the success of App Store especially in this region where JBing is rampant = industries think twice before bringing similar eCommerce offering here
Old 04-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #343

I own a macbook 13" and it gets really hot after a while.
I think the battery for the Ipad will be very hot as well and we would not be able to put it on our laps.
If I hold it, I think my hand will sweat because of the heat. (ha,ha...)

Anyway I think the earliest we can get our hands on one is this June.
You may not be comparing ... ahem ... "apples with apples" here. The MacBook and iPad are miles apart with different OS and definitely different hardware.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #344

red apple vs green apple? whats this? apple ipad vs similar itablet market in china?
which is better? does expensive means good? does cheap means lousy? or both of them are rather the same quailty likewise the only differences might be the specs? any itablets from china coming to sim lim square at the present?
Have you taken your medicine today?
Old 04-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #345
Arch-Supremacy Member

getting any hardware geeks products is like interviewing for a good candidate

what can they do for us now present?
why do we need them?
make comparison with others alternatives
then make a right choice and the simple question is really simple
what they can do for us now.
what it can do got to depend on the apps developer.

like iphone, it comes with basic apps. if without all those additional apps from appstore. iphone is a 'plain jane'. with apps, iphone turn into a 'hot sexy chick'

iPad has already made some impact
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...e_project.html
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...th_amazon.html
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...macmillan.html
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.