HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #361
Master Member

We did try Google. The only website that had any info remotely related gave only 4 outlets which neither included Junction 8 nor Wisma Atria.
I've officially put G2000 site on my blacklist. Only stupid companies program their sites in total Flash or IE8-friendly codes only.

Found this within a min of Googling "G2000 Singapore location" on my iPhone: http://www.eguide.com.sg/SG/COMPANY/...detail_all.htm
Old 06-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #362
Arch-Supremacy Member

flash does take up huge resource.

go to any flash website.. see how high ur CPU and memory goes

imagine its running on iphone/ipad.. later everything slow down, ppl complain again.

example.. go www.g2000.com.sg then check ur task manager (for windows user) u'll get a shock at the CPU usage
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #363

That's where I fundamentally disagree. I believe that there is no such thing as freedom of choice, just perceived freedom, either created by the state, politicians, corporations or a person's psychological state of mind. Where technology is concerned, a properly controlled platform is the only way to ensure that the user gets a standard reliable experience each and every time. This has been Apple's strength over it's competition since the beginning of time. A simple request to have themes on the iPhone requires tens of thousands if not more lines of code changes in the SDK and testing and retesting the millions of ways these changes affect all existing and future applications, not to mention the security implications involved. For jailbroken phones, nobody cares about any of this, hence themes implementation can be done in the blink of an eye in development time. Jailbreaking is a quick fix that jeopardises the future of a great platform and the fantastic ecosystem that has benefitted thousands of others besides Apple themselves. What is morally wrong is when you find reasons to jailbreak that are flimsy and often exaggerated to propagate the act. The infamous app approval policy issue between Google and Apple keeps coming up and being used as evidence of the App Store's "perceived strong-arm tactics" but if I were to press you for a few more examples, you'd have to start googling pretty hard. The truth is that there's many things going on between Apple and Google and as consumers we should not pretend we know exactly what's going on based on a few web articles that we read. Instead, we should see the App Store for what it is and what it will be. It's brought success to more small developers such as you and me than anything else ever and for the 30% Apple takes from the developer, they actually do quite a lot of work testing and debugging the apps for you besides providing the awesome platform.

There are quite a few Apps currently that offer offline caching of maps on the App Store. To offer this excuse firstly is to penalise Apple for a shortcoming of a Google App and secondly another flimsy attempt to justify Jailbreaking.

I do not have to provide you reasons for you alone to push them down as excuses, simply because I do not owe you or your belief any explanation. However, I respect your point of view, but need not agree to. The App store or jailbreak store progresses means I still get to benefit from both places than limiting myself to one place, I do not believe the need to let Apple (nor the government) to dictate how I use their product. Either place, the developers have to push their capabilities to be noteworthy. My dollars goes to whoever that I find worth spending.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #364

welcome to flash JooJoo computer tablet with flash capabilities from singapore brands awesome doesnt it. theres a conflict between the previous techcrunch and fusion garage.

specs:

Fusion Garage, a Singaporean firm, is about to bring the JooJoo, a tablet computer. The company expects it will reach to the customers by the end of the month. Its features include a 12.1-inch touch screen display, boots up in 9 seconds, sporting 4GB of built-in storage, a 1.3-megapixel camera and a microphone for video conferencing, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity and runs Flash-based applications and games and high-definition movies. Several browser tabs can be used to switch between tasks and websites.

http://topnews.com.sg/content/2927-s...ull-production

will this be an apple killer with almost everything ipad lacks of, may going to get one if price is reasonable enough.
No Apps No Talk
alpha_kenny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #365
Arch-Supremacy Member

YOU are wrong systemx totally wrong. Flash is nowadays trends. Didnt you realise adobe making big money out of flash apps. In fact i find flash as user friendly and light. Questions regarding security loopholes is whether those companies are going to employ white hats to deal with black hats. Nothing is perfect! Even windows and mac os still need to patch up frequently!

I seen most of your threads .... in fact you are just an apple polisher. Do you actually work for apple? I hope you understand this forums are bringing goodwill and not end up cheating the hwz community No offense btw
in this case, u sounds like a adobe flash polisher and also aaron2010.

Adobe make big money out of flash, but Apple makes even BIGGER money out of APPS.

any bye aaron2010.

Last edited by Errz; 06-02-2010 at 04:59 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #366

Old 06-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #367

welcome to flash JooJoo computer tablet with flash capabilities from singapore brands awesome doesnt it. theres a conflict between the previous techcrunch and fusion garage.

specs:

Fusion Garage, a Singaporean firm, is about to bring the JooJoo, a tablet computer. The company expects it will reach to the customers by the end of the month. Its features include a 12.1-inch touch screen display, boots up in 9 seconds, sporting 4GB of built-in storage, a 1.3-megapixel camera and a microphone for video conferencing, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity and runs Flash-based applications and games and high-definition movies. Several browser tabs can be used to switch between tasks and websites.

will this be an apple killer with almost everything ipad lacks of, may going to get one if price is reasonable enough.
wtf, you only lifted the good parts

"There are some drawbacks also, like a dim display and the lack of accuracy and responsiveness when it came to the touch inputs. The user interface also misses a few gestures to allow the user to go through the browsing history or simply to close browser tabs."

basic operation fail!
Sofa_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #368
Arch-Supremacy Member

me getting ban?

where are all ur post , aaron2010 ?

my last reply for u , aaron2010 the troll. try harder

Roaches keeps coming back no matter many u kill

I dont understand what you are talking about. The way you talk looks like a sotong to me.
Any way please bear in mind this a tech forum not a bull**** forum understand or you are more likely to get banned nevertheless.

Facts that shown that how popular flash is

Apple vs Flash and E-Book Overload on PCWorld Podcast 64
PCWorld Editors
Feb 6, 2010 10:06 am
Adobe Flash has become the overwhelming leader for online video streaming...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/18871...odcast_64.html

You know Errz talks like a baby anyhow talks and cant understand why hes here anyway

Last edited by Errz; 06-02-2010 at 05:26 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #369

YOU are wrong systemx totally wrong. Flash is nowadays trends. Didnt you realise adobe making big money out of flash apps. In fact i find flash as user friendly and light. Questions regarding security loopholes is whether those companies are going to employ white hats to deal with black hats. Nothing is perfect! Even windows and mac os still need to patch up frequently!

I seen most of your threads .... in fact you are just an apple polisher. Do you actually work for apple? I hope you understand this forums are bringing goodwill and not end up cheating the hwz community No offense btw
and HTML5 is catching up.
Flash is great. It's an awesome platform.
On a windows machine.

On my linux and mac, it eats up CPU cycles like no tomorrow. Watching youtube on mac drains my battery like water flowing out of a tap. I switched over to the HTML5 version of youtube recently. It was pretty sweet.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #370

Dont act as a noob and ask the rest to follow. Read everything before you point your finger anywhere

Founder and chief executive of Fusion Garage; Mr. Chandrasekar Rathakrishnan clarified that these issues would be sorted out in the final production model.

You just need to be patient and wait for any updates awesome JooJoo tablet from singapore.
Sofa_King before you speak please do your job by reading the above article clearly.
Do not confuse the hwz community due to your own human personnal errors
I did read the whole article and the last para
"Mr. Arrington had collaborated with Fusion Garage till November last year and had some controversies with Mr. Chandrasekar regarding TechCrunch.

simple google will show:
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/11...onal-thoughts/

"Thursday afternoon we filed a lawsuit against Fusion Garage in the Northern District of California Federal court. The causes of action include Fraud and Deceit, Misappropriation of Business Ideas, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Unfair Competitition and Violations of the Lanham Act."

"Fusion Garage is, and always has been, a company on the edge of going out of business. "

"The founder of Fusion Garage, Chandrasekar Rathakrishnan, isnít a good guy. He has been caught plagiarizing articles. His previous company Radixs disintegrated in shareholder disputes and angry employees. We didnít learn about this until last Summer because Singapore media, including blogs, are largely controlled by the government. Embarrassing stuff just isnít reported. But weíve spoken to plenty of people associated with the company, and their statements will be included in the lawsuit. Chandra and Fusion Garage have shown a long term pattern of deceit in their business dealings. There is no reason to think that anything will change now."

Yes you would trust Mr. Chandrasekar Rathakrishnan to fix these issues in the final production model.

Did you pre-order by any chance?
Sofa_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #371

and HTML5 is catching up.
Flash is great. It's an awesome platform.
On a windows machine.

On my linux and mac, it eats up CPU cycles like no tomorrow. Watching youtube on mac drains my battery like water flowing out of a tap. I switched over to the HTML5 version of youtube recently. It was pretty sweet.

Thanks for the link! Opt in the program already.

Hee, I like flash rich experience on my desktop, but for mobile device, I don't mind not having flash as they are not optimized for mobile browsers. Also they eat up my bandwidth and battery. Until Adobe and flash developers fix all this, I think we all have to wait.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #372
Arch-Supremacy Member

from the DEMO, it looks like a device that is good for surfing website only.

all the demo-ed 'Apps' are basically shortcut to website, like Youtube, Tweeter, Times, etc

wonder if there is any more soild demo on actual working apps. very basic stuff like , Calendar , Contacts, Mail, Maps. Hope it won't point "Calendar" to "Google Calendar"

I did read the whole article and the last para
"Mr. Arrington had collaborated with Fusion Garage till November last year and had some controversies with Mr. Chandrasekar regarding TechCrunch.

simple google will show:
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/11...onal-thoughts/

"Thursday afternoon we filed a lawsuit against Fusion Garage in the Northern District of California Federal court. The causes of action include Fraud and Deceit, Misappropriation of Business Ideas, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Unfair Competitition and Violations of the Lanham Act."

"Fusion Garage is, and always has been, a company on the edge of going out of business. "

"The founder of Fusion Garage, Chandrasekar Rathakrishnan, isnít a good guy. He has been caught plagiarizing articles. His previous company Radixs disintegrated in shareholder disputes and angry employees. We didnít learn about this until last Summer because Singapore media, including blogs, are largely controlled by the government. Embarrassing stuff just isnít reported. But weíve spoken to plenty of people associated with the company, and their statements will be included in the lawsuit. Chandra and Fusion Garage have shown a long term pattern of deceit in their business dealings. There is no reason to think that anything will change now."

Yes you would trust Mr. Chandrasekar Rathakrishnan to fix these issues in the final production model.

Did you pre-order by any chance?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #373
Arch-Supremacy Member

Rest assured, aaron2010, that you are once again being reported to the mods.

Worst thing is you are now back faulting other people for no good reason when most ironically, you were barred for one.

Either you wise up and keep your mouth shut if you have nothing constructive to say, or forget about coming back here as a medium for you to indulge in your childish fantasies or whatever inappropriate motives you need to feed.
in my earlier post "Roaches keeps coming back no matter many u kill"

he's the typical "KBW"

ignore him. dont feed the troll and the will 'die' by itself

Last edited by Errz; 06-02-2010 at 09:13 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #374
Master Member

i think persentio you are a sore loser and you dont deserve a word 'l win' cause i dont the heck you talking about. i meant are you out of your mind scolding me for nothing.

What a poor loser btw? I think you see sotong anyhow scolding people for nothing
This is +1 more to your troll post count.

in my earlier post "Roaches keeps coming back no matter many u kill"

he's the typical "KBW"
You mean he had some more before his 'aaron2010' nick??

Last edited by persentio; 06-02-2010 at 10:59 PM..
persentio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #375
Arch-Supremacy Member

You mean he had some more before his 'aaron2010' nick??
from the look of it, i guess so.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.