HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #61
Arch-Supremacy Member

i would buy if I am still doing freelance photography. would be much easier to bring iPad to meet customer. put all the photos in and thats it~

Last edited by Errz; 28-01-2010 at 03:13 PM..
Errz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #62

You are all missing the point... iPad, iPhone, iPod... etc... are just the pawns. The main dish is in iTunes. The ecosystem that's raking in a lot of money. The iPad just strengthens Apple's position in the digital content market. Steve must be wrangling publishers out there to cut a deal. Good luck to him and he's definitely gonna need it.

Anyway, feels like dejavu all over again. Remember what people said about the iPod and the iPhone? You got to give it to da man. His vision for Apple is simply astounding.
hazmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #63

Phenomenal, best experience, astounding?

Lame in effort and name imho.

To each his own, to each his own.
xcelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #64

what do you expect? a tablet smaller than an ipod touch? sheesh

Ha ha ha its just a gigantic ipod touch.

Ipod touch already so bulky, this is 100 times worse. Sigh, what a disappointment.
spring85i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #65

subsequent release is call maxi pad
prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #66
Master Member

The features are honestly not fascinating at all. It's like an exact replicate of an Iphone or Ipod, with 3G+wifi.

Bigger Screen . The pro.

People who buy the Ipad will have to question themselves whether the usability or functionality of this Ipad justifies the price tag when we can do more on an actual netbook.

Maybe wait for the next release with the improvements.
If I am lugging it out, I might as well bring an iphone instead.
earthyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #67

besides a bigger screen, wat can a iTampon do that a iphone can't? that's an odd product placement, not sure which niche it's targeting at. i'm not surprised at the blazenly missing features, i think it's by design certain things are left out at version1, just like the iphone. no multitasking? rest assured it will have in later upgrades. this is milking the public. and there's cows already lining up to be milked.
foxxkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #68

Just skip the iPad and get the slate instead.

You may even be able to osx86 it. Portable OSX. bleah.

Or run the iphone/ipad SDK and get the simulator... whatever.
Seems infinitely more useful.
exent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #69

A Hackintosh Netbook owns this iPad like a dog.
undeniable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #70

personally the iPod touch and iPad reminds me of what Nintendo do with DSi and DSi XL (bigger screens, designed for older people). the bigger screen and ebook functionality are more suited to adults. i dun see the reason why youths will get it over the iPhone or even netbooks..
Sun_Wukong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #71

looks like a china pirated ipod touch ripoff! compared to a regular netbook, it's seriously handicapped.
and with that name, it seems like a big april fools joke
iljinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #72

Wonder what went wrong with the people in Apple to call it iPad..... So silly..
..and do u have any "ear catching" name to it?then why not suggest to apple or to Steve Jobs?
zildjansg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #73
High Supremacy Member

subsequent release is call maxi pad
And comes in HOT PINK!

Actually, as an avid ebook reader, I'll love to have something like this. Just great for my needs.

p.s. So far, I have not own any Apple products yet. But I'm an Apple shareholder though.
blacklotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #74
Master Member

After having a good night sleep, this is my after-heavy-period of thoughts over this iPad announcement.

I might buy it afterall. Of cos, everyone have their own way of using the same devices.
This new creation will appeal the following people that i can think of:

1. Sale/Marketing
> Most of the time, presentation slides have been done up on a computer. Transfer, meet and impress even before the presentation starts!
> New iWork make editing on the go possible, along with Doc-To-Go and QuickOffice from App Store which is already available and suppose to work on iPad as claimed from the event announcement.
> Got wifi/3G, grab mails, internet surfing, what else is not possible since everyone is doing most things on iPhone already.

2. Students
> Have been out of school life for way-too-long so i might be wrong on my views.
> Advocate paperless environment. I believe publishers have almost every books on digital format. Time to sell the digital copy at a cheaper price to students. Students will love to put everything into one device and bring it to school. Kiss thick Economic, Biology, History etc textbooks goodbye! Kiss trolley bags goodbye! Kiss backache/shoulderache goodbye!
> The inability to multi-task is a sad thing else imagine doing report/homework on it and hand it up via email/file transfer.

3. Tech-savvy aka got-moolah-dunno-where-to-spend family man/woman (joking about it :p)
> Nice gadget in the living room that can be a centre piece. Expensive sleek deco item.
> Digital photo frame as what some have mentioned.
> Central controller tablet to a home automation system. Such apps are available for iPhone already. Expect people to use this bigger piece of glass to show off how good their home automation system is when friends visit.
> Expect a remote control app for iPad to be able to control iTV. Another ego-boosting chance in front of visitors.
> Good interactive gadget when there are young kids around. Eg: Do away with canyons/waterpaint/etc and start to get messy with colours with your kids without the mess!

That's all i can think of.

For me, the ability to showcase my photos to potential clients on a nice IPS panel which is not too small is a wonderful thing. Along with the lightweight and suppose-10-hours-but-i-expect-7-or-close, i guess i cannot hope for more.

The combo i would go for to include iPad into my current setup:
1. Dump MacBook Pro for iMac: cost less with same/more processing power
2. Get iPad 3G 32GB: Stuff edited work/presentation, on the go anytime.

Above are solely my thoughts on iPad and plan to get one if the review is not too bad after the first batch is out.
Old 28-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #75

its ok for me....since i am looking for netbook which apple doesn't have, might as well i get this ipad rather than the asus, sony w or HP mini. Their speed also not that fast and using atom. This Ipad is for different need of people ..so i got no comment. If u think that u need more than this , its advisable to get a laptop. I will buy if the price around $600-$700 coz its almost the same price as netbook and this ipad battery can last up to 10 hrs. Regarding about the flash, i agreed that it may sucks battery life. I think i gonna get it coz its easier for me to carry around everyday or when i am traveling overseas. Currently i am using iphone and its a great product but when surf internet, just to small for me. I am using macbook air too but i guess i will get this ipad for traveling and the price is affordable. When i am traveling, i just need an internet and check mail. good enough..hehe
roslee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.