HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #91
Master Member

U can't buy that kinda performance with that price. iPad is not meant to replace notebooks but another extension to your lifestyle experience in possibly, gaming, online, music and amongst others.

The App store plays a key role in all these deliverables and will continue to do so to lead against it's competitors. iPhone has done immense for the App store and I reckoned it'll be even massive now that the sceen space is bigger.

erm... macbook pro definately hell lots better than this ipad man...

macbook pro can multi task,video cam,dual boot and the processor is a lot faster.. add in graphic card somemore....

i'd get macbook pro anytime than this ipad... but yeah,its big,bulky and heavy though..
Universal76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #92
High Supremacy Member

Well, there will always be people who are Spec-whores. They don't really care for using the device, more for "What they think they can use the device for." Ie, people who do not think outside of the box and get down to basics.

It's never about the individual component itself but the sum of all parts.

Back to the topic, will I buy the iPad? No, unless I have too much money - my lifestyle is very suited to my MBP and my iPhone. Will I begrudge someone who wants to give it to me, no.

/Dan
Old 28-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #93
Honorary Member

U can't buy that kinda performance with that price. iPad is not meant to replace notebooks but another extension to your lifestyle experience in possibly, gaming, online, music and amongst others.

I tot he mentioned a replacement of netbooks.

Old 28-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #94
Arch-Supremacy Member

haha indeed its a gigantic iPhone!But yeahhh I'll be getting it as well
siron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #95
Senior Moderator

Well, there will always be people who are Spec-whores. They don't really care for using the device, more for "What they think they can use the device for." Ie, people who do not think outside of the box and get down to basics.

It's never about the individual component itself but the sum of all parts.

Back to the topic, will I buy the iPad? No, unless I have too much money - my lifestyle is very suited to my MBP and my iPhone. Will I begrudge someone who wants to give it to me, no.

/Dan
We share common sentiments...
Old 28-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #96
Master Member

erm... macbook pro definately hell lots better than this ipad man...

macbook pro can multi task,video cam,dual boot and the processor is a lot faster.. add in graphic card somemore....

i'd get macbook pro anytime than this ipad... but yeah,its big,bulky and heavy though..
Like i said, MacBook Pro replaced by iMac. All documents/presentation i need > sync into iPad > go
I still have a capable Mac at home for my multi-tasking jobs if required.
Basically, that works fine for me as i observed that i rarely do heavy task while on the move.
Of cos, as i have mentioned, different people uses same device differently. Think different...
Old 28-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #97

i think quite a lot of you are thinking of what the iPad can do for you now but not for the future. Don't forget you still have the app store and developers can make apps specifically for the iPad. With what the iPad can do with its processor and graphics people can create say a better RTS game ? Or maybe say a turntable or sound mixer. Some things that the iPhone may or may not have but is somewhat limited because of it's size and also maybe power.

Agreeing that yes the iPad out of the box is crippled, but when developers start rolling applications we can see the better use of it.
lacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #98

Can use iPad for Funeral photo..
Old 28-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #99
Great Supremacy Member

is it possible to have psp games download into ipad in near future its best to also have a touch panel controller pad embedded on the bottom grips of the right and left sides black frame surface. woolah a psp touch panel at the bottom of ipad.

hey how about fixing a detachable ipad dock inside a car for outing looks pretty cool huh? how about buying a car free me a ipad that can be used for car and on the move too
sony+apple??
HELL NO!!
Old 28-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #100
Supremacy Member

I guess Ipad will perform faster as compared to most Netbook in the market. I would bring this out over a netbook anytime if i'm traveling alot. And typing on Netbook's keyboard is .

No longer have to find a seat just to use the Netbook when you have a Ipad.
Old 28-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #101
Supremacy Member

I think the iPad is not best described as a netbook or a netbook killer...but rather a portable device designed for the essentials;Music, video, eBooks, web, games, apps from the App Store and an office suite.

Sure, it doesn't dual boot...but why would you need to? Games? Sure, there's your COMPUTER for that.

Apple probably didn't load in Snow Leopard because they already have a successful OS (that is, the iPhone/iPod Touch OS) which has multi-touch as it's main form of interaction, so why let it go to waste? At least they bothered to custom the firmware a little and change a bit of the inbuilt apps.

The downside? Still no multitasking, typing on a table/desk (without the incline dock/keyboard) or with one hand is going to be a pain.

In the end, it's still a entertainment/lifestyle device, not really a netbook or a computer replacement.
Old 28-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #102
Supremacy Member

Just wondering if Apple design it to boot Snow leopard on it. What difference will it have as compared to Iphone 3.2?

Multi-tasking,Atobe Photoshop?
Having MSN and another app in the background? But seriously if I'm outside I will use a phone to SMS instead of been connected to the MSN 24/7. any other?

Last edited by dle4e_2005; 28-01-2010 at 06:50 PM..
dle4e_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #103
Supremacy Member

Just wondering if Apple design it to boot Snow leopard on it. What difference will it have as compared to Iphone 3.2?

Multi-tasking,Atobe Photoshop?
Having MSN and another app in the background? But seriously if I'm outside I will use a phone to SMS instead of been connected to the MSN 24/7. any other?
Why would you run Snow Leopard on the iPad? Navigation is going to be a pain, that's why they went with the proven iPhone OS. You don't have to be connected 24/7...with apps like BeeJive and IM+ that keep you connected. iPhone users will know what i'm talking about.

At the end of the day, what do you do on the move outside? Music, video, web, read, games, Facebook, email...that's what the iPad does.
Old 28-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #104

Can use iPad for Funeral photo..
LOL

Only when my first gen. iPod touch goes bust, I will then replace it with this iTampon.

BTW, downloaded the video podcast of this event and found that the audio is out-of-sync. Wah lao! Apple nowadays got no QC one.
AT_HWZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #105
Supremacy Member

Why would you run Snow Leopard on the iPad? Navigation is going to be a pain, that's why they went with the proven iPhone OS. You don't have to be connected 24/7...with apps like BeeJive and IM+ that keep you connected. iPhone users will know what i'm talking about.

At the end of the day, what do you do on the move outside? Music, video, web, read, games, Facebook, email...that's what the iPad does.
Erm.. I just asking those Ipad Basher who keep complaining of Apple not puting Snow leopard in the Ipad. It would be nice if they take Ipad out from an envelope just like the MBA on stage.

LOL

Only when my first gen. iPod touch goes bust, I will then replace it with this iTampon.

BTW, downloaded the video podcast of this event and found that the audio is out-of-sync. Wah lao! Apple nowadays got no QC one.
you sure? Mine have no problems what so ever.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.