HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated] Apple's New iPad Tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #106
Supremacy Member

Erm.. I just asking those Ipad Basher who keep complaining of Apple not puting Snow leopard in the Ipad. It would be nice if they take Ipad out from an envelope just like the MBA on stage.
Yeah, they misunderstand this device, it was never meant to run something like Snow Leopard/OS X in the first place. I'll probably wait for the iPad 2.0 when they finally give me something extra. Let all the rich people/guinea pigs buy 1.0 first then regret.
Old 28-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #107
High Supremacy Member

if only we can put bbom on this

then this is a must buy for stay in nsf..
noobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #108
Master Member

At the moment, the iPad is more of a toy that i would like to have, than a gadget that i need.

As for those looking for snow leopard in the iPad, i don't think Steve Jobs will be so stupid to try and compete directly with his 13.3" mbp line, which is one of the best selling mbp.

Apple still wants you to buy their macbook/pro if you need multi tasking power and go for the iphone or the ipod touch if you need something that fits in your pocket
Old 28-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #109
Master Member

The features are honestly not fascinating at all. It's like an exact replicate of an Iphone or Ipod, with 3G+wifi.

Bigger Screen . The pro.

People who buy the Ipad will have to question themselves whether the usability or functionality of this Ipad justifies the price tag when we can do more on an actual netbook.

Maybe wait for the next release with the improvements.
If I am lugging it out, I might as well bring an iphone instead.
As I've mentioned before this launch, I'll be getting 1 for the entire family to share. It will be great for my 2 year old daughter to watch her Sesame Street and WIggles clips as well as play her toddler games on (all of which she does by herself now with my iPhone). My wife is already eyeing it for her lazy browsing needs on the bed, watching shows, reading books and recording and reading recipes in the kitchen. For me, it's a great device firstly as an in-car entertainment and navigation system, great for my part time schooling and of cos gaming and movies.

I see great potential for it being use in many industries and institutes of higher learning. If anyone here is so obsessed with things like the name, lack of multi-tasking and other features, and keep comparing it to existing market devices like the netbook when it is clearly in a whole class of its own, then they should definitely not waste their money on the iPad and get a netbook instead. I've had 3 netbooks in the past, none of them lasted me more than 6 months. I had the same disease before with Windows Mobile phones.... that was before I got my first iPhone 3G which I've been using till today.

The only complaint we have is that it does not support flash, rendering my wife's fav FB games unplayable on the device. 1 thing's for sure, we'll need to get this gmasked or at the very least condom protected, especially at the rate our daughter drops our iPhones now.
Old 28-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #110
Master Member

there is a 3G sim slot on the tablet, but than it's micro sim which I don't think our telco has it yet.

Btw i think SAF may view this very similar to a laptop, so there might be problem bringing it in to camp
Old 28-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #111
High Supremacy Member

It does have built in 3G, you know.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time our operators get Micro SIM. Apple's like that - they push out (old) standards faster than anyone else and the industry follows behind.

Soon, you'll be hearing of Micro-SIM phones being the norm.

/Dan
Old 28-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #112
Master Member

sony+apple??
HELL NO!!
HELL HELL NO!!!!
Old 28-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #113
Arch-Supremacy Member

sony+apple??
HELL NO!!
Maybe he's talking about jailbreak with psp emu lol
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #114
Master Member

I'm actually quite attracted by the potential of the A4 processor, more so than that of the iPad.

I'm seeing the head fake in this presentation. In addition to a device I actually wouldn't mind owning, I saw the entire keynote as Apple sending a very stark and strong message to chip manufacturers - "We don't need you to play games with us on chip/chipset prices and all."

This gives them quite unprecedented bargaining power with Intel and nVidia... And potentially AMD.

/Dan
Well, it's highly likely we'll start seeing the A4 and future versions of it on the next gen iPhones/iPod touches, but I'm sure Apple's still years away from an Intel competing cpu. After all, they only acquired PA Semi less than 3 years ago. My guess is that it will take them (if they're lucky) at least another 5-8 years to catch up to where Intel or AMD are. But yes, I would like to see alternatives. IMO, I was disappointed with Intel's weak on-chip graphics solution with thei iCore solutions. They should have bought over Nvidia and incorporated their technology instead. I'm now looking at AMD's camp.
Old 28-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #115
Supremacy Member

The only complaint we have is that it does not support flash, rendering my wife's fav FB games unplayable on the device. 1 thing's for sure, we'll need to get this gmasked or at the very least condom protected, especially at the rate our daughter drops our iPhones now.
Apple won't put Flash in it. It will compete with the App store games sales if they implement Flash for users to play facebook games.
Old 28-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #116
Master Member

Oh he did mentioned about netbooks but not at all a replacement for that category.

In fact, Apple created a category in which iPad fits in between a smartphone and laptop.

I tot he mentioned a replacement of netbooks.

Last edited by Universal76; 28-01-2010 at 07:45 PM..
Universal76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #117

Wait for jailbreak then I'll buy.
Sofa_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #118
High Supremacy Member

It does have built in 3G, you know.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time our operators get Micro SIM. Apple's like that - they push out (old) standards faster than anyone else and the industry follows behind.

Soon, you'll be hearing of Micro-SIM phones being the norm.

/Dan
yeah just read more about it

but currently singapore sim cards cannot be used on it is it?
noobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #119
Arch-Supremacy Member

regardless, I think every household should have one
It's a great device.
porcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #120
Great Supremacy Member

if this ever have BBOM on it, super good for stay in SAF personel!
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.