Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated iPad User Discussion Thread]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #46
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cant wait for the 3G iPad man
siron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #47

Mods - I think iPads require a sub-forum by themselves.
NineNineNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #48

I just bought a Huawei MIFI modem. E5830. Its basically a portable wifi router with built in mobile 3g broadband modem. So allows you to connect up to 4 wifi enabled computer, smartphones to it and share its internet connection!

Works flawlessly with my iPAD. no official news of the tethering yet.....

Well this is a stop gap measure for me till the 3G enabled wifi model of the iPAD is launched in Singapore! Then maybe will consider upgrading to the 3G - more convennient - no need to have 2 pieces. but again, with this baby.. my notebooks is also sharing the broadband connection on the move.

So recommend this solution to ipad owners who wants to have internet broadband.

Another way is to get a smartphone which can act as wifi router to share its broadband eg pdanet.. which I have not tried.
PDAnet don't work on iPad / ipod touch if u use your iPhone as a router but on notebook or desktop ok. U got to use mywi. So far so good for me but it phone batt drains fast. Mifi is a good idea but I prefer to use $100 buy extended batt for my iPhone.
moonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #49

hi, for all ipad users that bought the ipad from US, may i know what is the power supply of ipad power adapter? is it AC100-240V? and i think it need a power adapter in order to charge the ipad here in SG. pardon me as i will be getting friend to buy from US. Thanks in advance
Using that charger now, confirm 100-220v. I replaced the 2 pin head to a 3 pin UK type too.
moonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #50

This would be the Files Sharing option under iTunes, right? Can I check with you if you are using a Mac or PC? Just want to confirm if Files Sharing can be used on Windows machines.
File sharing does work on iTunes on Windows. I've been using it to read my comics and pdfs on diff apps. Works like a charm. No issues so far
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #51

Martin field screen protector already here....super good fit and clear...just applied mine..
Bro where to buy huh? Mobile square? Thanks
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 07:59 AM   #52

File sharing does work on iTunes on Windows. I've been using it to read my comics and pdfs on diff apps. Works like a charm. No issues so far
For your comics, which reader are you using? I'm considering getting ComicZeal.
tanchankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #53

It seems the only iPhone > iPad tethering way would be to install MyWifi on a jailbroken iPhone. Bugger...
There has to be an alternative...
ahbin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #54

Tried the just released Opera browser yet???
alpha_kenny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #55

Bro where to buy huh? Mobile square? Thanks
DOML has MF currently. Anyone knows if they apply this for u as usual?
tanchankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #56

Free ePub / eBook download

Bros, where can find free epub magazines or any ebook?

Thanks in advance.
alanwwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #57

For your comics, which reader are you using? I'm considering getting ComicZeal.
Ya ComicZeal rocks. It looks good and performs as required. Best is that you can place your comic books in 'folders'. So those comics that are from the same series can be sorted from the rest.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #58

Does anyone knows if there's an iPad app that allows AFP for me to access my Drobo attached to my Time Capsule? Currently, I can only access it via my MacBook Air via the connect to server. Can't seem to find an app that can access the Time Capsule. Any recommendations or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
stiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #59
Master Member

Mods - I think iPads require a sub-forum by themselves.
Second that.
It opens up a whole new discussion when it comes to accessories, apps and magazines.
lerkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #60

I got mine earlier today and I have hardly touched my MacBook since then. Internet browsing is amazing on this thing. And I don't even miss Flash anymore since embedded YouTube videos play directly on webpages like they would with Flash.

I am quite excited for iPhone OS 4.0, though, because it brings Android-like multitasking and quick app switching, where apps never really close when you leave it. App loading times are a little slow on the iPad coming from an Android phone, so I am excited to see this addition.

And yeah, the keyboard is surprisingly usable. I can type really fast now after using it for only a few hours.
Da-vid is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.