HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated iPad User Discussion Thread]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #61
Master Member

DOML has MF currently. Anyone knows if they apply this for u as usual?
Yah...i was right there when the fed ex shipment arrive...they do apply for you and they really do it very very well.veer patient...

I paid 49.95 and it's really good quality..
Old 13-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #62

Does anyone knows if there's an iPad app that allows AFP for me to access my Drobo attached to my Time Capsule? Currently, I can only access it via my MacBook Air via the connect to server. Can't seem to find an app that can access the Time Capsule. Any recommendations or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
For AFP, you can try ezShare. It is a iPhone app.
monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #63
Master Member

I understand from a telco friend that ipad is in the house for testing.. looks like 3g version is coming sooner then we think...
Old 13-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #64

For AFP, you can try ezShare. It is a iPhone app.
I have ezshare on my ipod touch but was wondering if there is an app specifically for the iPad as the resolution for viewing files on ezShare (iPhone) is pretty bad. I was looking at Air Sharing HD and maybe ssh into my iMac before accessing my Drobo. But that means that I'll have to keep my iMac powered on all the time. So was wondering if there are any iPad apps for this function.
stiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #65

DOML has MF currently. Anyone knows if they apply this for u as usual?
Thanks mate buying mine tomorrow. Anyone knows where to get a decent case?
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #66

Ya ComicZeal rocks. It looks good and performs as required. Best is that you can place your comic books in 'folders'. So those comics that are from the same series can be sorted from the rest.
Got ComicZeal as well as very impressed with the app. Imports fast and the interface is not too intrusive. Could use some improvements like page thumbnails and guided view (like Marvel's app) but overall very good already.
tanchankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #67

Hey guys, so what do you use the iPad for, other then reading e-books/surf web/youtube?
Cause I see the apps available at the moment, doesnt seem to have much interesting apps atm?

By the way, how do you guys buy items from the US store (now only US stores only rite)?
Buy gift points or somethin from?
oyama85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #68

well i really use it to read comics, ebooks, mags, surf, twitter, youtube, some games.

Thats what I have been doing. And its already keeping me heaps busy. heh. Reading more than I have lately.

You can purchase iTunes gift cards so you can purchase items from the US iTunes.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #69
Master Member

today during lunch.. i was playing with my ipad... a couple ran up to me begging me to let them see the ipad.. and they were wowed by it...

later during coffee.. 2 germans walk passed.. saw my ipad and i realised they were trying their best to peek behind me.. looking very excited....

cool.....
Old 15-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #70
Master Member

i agree with steve jobs that ipad will literally kill netbooks....

i dun have to bear with slow start up.. I play real cool games ... i read books , watch movies( speakers are really solid) listen music....

and it holds in a hand like a big envelope....
Old 15-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #71
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you purchase the ipad from the US..

1) Will the warranty be covered here?

2) Will it be compatible with singapore itunes store in the future since it is a US set? (sorry for the stupid qns)

3) How do you get your apps since you need a US itunes account?
saljiputeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #72

If you purchase the ipad from the US..

1) Will the warranty be covered here?

2) Will it be compatible with singapore itunes store in the future since it is a US set? (sorry for the stupid qns)

3) How do you get your apps since you need a US itunes account?
1.) From the best of my knowledge there is warranty here. I checked out their warranty, and it states in a way that it has international warranty(which iPhone does not). But of course as of now even if there is warranty there is nothing you can do in Singapore if the iPad spoil, they should not have the parts to repair it yet.

2.)If it is the same as the iPhone, then yes, it should work with Singapore iTunes store.

3.) Actually if i am not wrong you can already purchase some apps using Singapore iTunes(some of the iPad apps comes up on the search, such as elements). If you want purchase some apps that is not in the SG store, you can get US iTunes gift card, make a US account and purchases from there
Vengeances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #73

Which store is selling iPads accessories in Singapore now.

I know Mobilesquare has Martin Fields, where to get the others.
terence19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #74
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mods - I think iPads require a sub-forum by themselves.
Agree....!!!
Old 16-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #75
Arch-Supremacy Member

latest from usunlock.com

https://www.usunlocked.com/blog/?p=504

"IMPORTANT UPDATE!! April 14

Currently, new orders placed with US Unlocked Card/billing address are being cancelled as Apple says they have had multiple orders from this billing address and shipping addressand they want to ensure that all customers are given equal opportunity to acquire thisproduct they have limited the amount available per customer. We will update as soon as we have a solution or this block seems to be lifted."
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.