HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Consolidated iPad User Discussion Thread]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
Master Member

[Consolidated iPad User Discussion Thread]

Hi Everyone.. got my ipad yesterday and tot we should have a new thread to discuss everything beside stock availability here...

So far.. the problems i face:

Cannot logon to itunes store on the ipad .. instead got to log in through your comp itunes to download apps and sync

I also find the porting of iphone/ipod apps to be used to ipad to be far from perfect... when you ipscale 2x , it looks rather distorted..

What I like :
the virtual keyboard is one of the best I have used so far.. just like iphone.. accurate and fast to type on( now leads me to think is a actual keyboard required)

You tube is nice and fast

web browsing.. could not be better.. holding it in your hands and fingers to move things around.. closest thing to reading a papers

sound.. loud and clear... seems to have some bass effect..

Well above is a simple short review so far.. hope more can share their experiences here...
Old 11-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Master Member

I don't seem to experience the same problems you have with accessing the iTunes store, might be some setup issue. As for using iPod apps, I decided not to as the resolution at 2x is pretty bad, so every app on my iPad is created for the iPad.
parchiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
Master Member

I'm having difficulty creating a US itunes account. Get stuck at verification. No email sent to me. Anyone facing the same problems?
Petrelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

U have to have a US itunes account before the apps store can work in the iPAD.

I used to have a Spore itunes account for my iPhone. So cannot use the apps store on it.

Have since registered a US itunes account and the Apps work liao! YOu need to go to settings and sign out of your spore itunes account and log in using the newly created US itunes account

Think this issue will be solved once the iPAD is officially launched in Singapore - they will update the iPAD with something like the carrier settings/profile in the iphone on our ipad and we can access the Apps store using the Singapore itunes account.

I also bought itunes gift cards. So now fully able to purchase US only itunes apps and songs etc..

Go get the itunes gift card. they work wonders! Getting the iBOOKs as well as iWorks applications!
tarpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

There is a lag in the verification email. Need to have some patience and wait. I also thought it is instant verification but there is some delay.

Do wait patiently for the email verification to be sent to your email. It will work.

I did the same and it worked for me.

I'm having difficulty creating a US itunes account. Get stuck at verification. No email sent to me. Anyone facing the same problems?
Old 11-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
Master Member

Just received. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #7

Wah. Envious. Most people are just waiting for the ipad to arrive at Singapore shore but you guys are already discussing and sharing tips on its uses! But thus is still a good thread to read to prepare for the ipad arrival. In the mean time, will have to make do with my iPhone!
crazypaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
Master Member

Can blackberry tether with iPad? From what I know it is impossible. correct me if i'm wrong
Old 11-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Great... now you have access to the US apps stores!!! Lots of great apps for the IPADs!!

Just received. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

I just bought a Huawei MIFI modem. E5830. Its basically a portable wifi router with built in mobile 3g broadband modem. So allows you to connect up to 4 wifi enabled computer, smartphones to it and share its internet connection!

Works flawlessly with my iPAD. no official news of the tethering yet.....

Well this is a stop gap measure for me till the 3G enabled wifi model of the iPAD is launched in Singapore! Then maybe will consider upgrading to the 3G - more convennient - no need to have 2 pieces. but again, with this baby.. my notebooks is also sharing the broadband connection on the move.

So recommend this solution to ipad owners who wants to have internet broadband.

Another way is to get a smartphone which can act as wifi router to share its broadband eg pdanet.. which I have not tried.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #11
Master Member

I use my nokia n900 as a wireless modem..that has solved my problem for wireless connectivity
Old 11-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
Master Member

I want to buy command and conquer but they only have the HD version in us store.. Saw civilization also looks good
Old 11-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #13
Master Member

U have to have a US itunes account before the apps store can work in the iPAD.

I used to have a Spore itunes account for my iPhone. So cannot use the apps store on it.

Have since registered a US itunes account and the Apps work liao! YOu need to go to settings and sign out of your spore itunes account and log in using the newly created US itunes account

Think this issue will be solved once the iPAD is officially launched in Singapore - they will update the iPAD with something like the carrier settings/profile in the iphone on our ipad and we can access the Apps store using the Singapore itunes account.

I also bought itunes gift cards. So now fully able to purchase US only itunes apps and songs etc..

Go get the itunes gift card. they work wonders! Getting the iBOOKs as well as iWorks applications!
Actually the Singapore apps store can work but yup have to install apps using iTunes .they have iPad apps there as well
Old 11-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just bought a Huawei MIFI modem. E5830. Its basically a portable wifi router with built in mobile 3g broadband modem. So allows you to connect up to 4 wifi enabled computer, smartphones to it and share its internet connection!

Works flawlessly with my iPAD. no official news of the tethering yet.....

Well this is a stop gap measure for me till the 3G enabled wifi model of the iPAD is launched in Singapore! Then maybe will consider upgrading to the 3G - more convennient - no need to have 2 pieces. but again, with this baby.. my notebooks is also sharing the broadband connection on the move.

So recommend this solution to ipad owners who wants to have internet broadband.

Another way is to get a smartphone which can act as wifi router to share its broadband eg pdanet.. which I have not tried.

how much you buy the Huawei MIFI modem. E5830 and where?
DAREN771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

Paid $190 for it. If you want the details, I can PM you.

Used to own a USB modem. E169. So selling the modem and with this, I can also use it for my ipad and notebook. even at home for my iphone and imac. ha ha.. all sharing the internet connection.

how much you buy the Huawei MIFI modem. E5830 and where?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.