HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Ipad Mini] availability and stocks from each outlet

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #991
Master Member

I used to buy some Apple products from dealers and didn't have very gd experience from it, but that's just my experience. If dealers sell cheaper then why not everyone buy from them instead of having to go to authorised resellers?

I'm not referring that it's not right to buy from 3rd party dealers but what I'm saying in the first place is that in general Apple prices are controlled, similarly to Oakley specs.
The reason not many people buy from these shops is because they used to sell apple products at much higher prices when every one wanted apple in the past..

Like I said.. Now there is very low demand for Apple and these dealers are selling at lower price than apple shop..

Even I was surprised when I saw.... That's why I think ppl here should know this lo bang...

I'm not sure why everyone is walking around looking for stock when they have stock at lower price...

There is definitely no difference buying from them and apple resellers
Old 07-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #992
Master Member

Could you elaborate on your "didn't have very gd experience"?

People probably don't buy from them out of ignorance or a belief that it might be a scam / not the real deal. Having bought from Kasia Mobile at least, I can verify that the warranty is most definitely recognized by Apple (I even brought it to the authorized eServ @ Somerset 313 to check).

Interestingly I did overhear someone asking why they could sell it so cheaply, and I heard something to the effect of them "not having to include GST". I have no idea whether this is true or not however.

BTW the 128GB LTE iPad 4 I was talking about? The price dropped further to $1130. That's barely $40 more than the official price of the 64GB LTE iPad 4.

I used to buy some Apple products from dealers and didn't have very gd experience from it, but that's just my experience. If dealers sell cheaper then why not everyone buy from them instead of having to go to authorised resellers?

I'm not referring that it's not right to buy from 3rd party dealers but what I'm saying in the first place is that in general Apple prices are controlled, similarly to Oakley specs.
masotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #993
Arch-Supremacy Member

The reason not many people buy from these shops is because they used to sell apple products at much higher prices when every one wanted apple in the past..

Like I said.. Now there is very low demand for Apple and these dealers are selling at lower price than apple shop..

Even I was surprised when I saw.... That's why I think ppl here should know this lo bang...

I'm not sure why everyone is walking around looking for stock when they have stock at lower price...

There is definitely no difference buying from them and apple resellers
Could you elaborate on your "didn't have very gd experience"?

People probably don't buy from them out of ignorance or a belief that it might be a scam / not the real deal. Having bought from Kasia Mobile at least, I can verify that the warranty is most definitely recognized by Apple (I even brought it to the authorized eServ @ Somerset 313 to check).

Interestingly I did overhear someone asking why they could sell it so cheaply, and I heard something to the effect of them "not having to include GST". I have no idea whether this is true or not however.

BTW the 128GB LTE iPad 4 I was talking about? The price dropped further to $1130. That's barely $40 more than the official price of the 64GB LTE iPad 4.

Guys, I'm not trying to start a chat war here. Perhaps now the 3rd party dealers have improved significantly over the years and my past unpleasant experience is having to face terrible customer service and products having parts that are blemished and even protectors applied not up to standard (air bubbles and such). To me, customer service is top priority and I do not have any such issues to date with authorised resellers. Yes they do sell Apple products at RRP but I think if coupled with gd customer service, it's well worth it.

Perhaps someday I might scout around again at 3rd party dealers for future Apple products after having discussed so much here and gaining more info. Warranty wise I understand that Apple stuffs are all honoured by authorised service centres.

Anyway, another reason why I prefer to buy from authorise resellers is because of the range of products and mainly are specifically for Apple, it makes shopping there more pleasant. Yet again, it's all subjective and I agree that lobangs are gd to share, just that it really depends on the individual on where they really want to purchase from.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #994
Master Member

No flame wars intended, I'm actually quite interested in any negative experiences you've had. I think sharing of experiences, both negative and positive, will help paint a better overall picture of the truth.

Service is definitely a plus at the authorised resellers. For screen protectors and such though, I always figured you'd get the same experience if you buy it from somewhere else (even the online Apple store) then after that go down to the reseller and shop there

Guys, I'm not trying to start a chat war here. Perhaps now the 3rd party dealers have improved significantly over the years and my past unpleasant experience is having to face terrible customer service and products having parts that are blemished and even protectors applied not up to standard (air bubbles and such). To me, customer service is top priority and I do not have any such issues to date with authorised resellers. Yes they do sell Apple products at RRP but I think if coupled with gd customer service, it's well worth it.

Perhaps someday I might scout around again at 3rd party dealers for future Apple products after having discussed so much here and gaining more info. Warranty wise I understand that Apple stuffs are all honoured by authorised service centres.

Anyway, another reason why I prefer to buy from authorise resellers is because of the range of products and mainly are specifically for Apple, it makes shopping there more pleasant. Yet again, it's all subjective and I agree that lobangs are gd to share, just that it really depends on the individual on where they really want to purchase from.
masotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:01 AM   #995
Arch-Supremacy Member

No flame wars intended, I'm actually quite interested in any negative experiences you've had. I think sharing of experiences, both negative and positive, will help paint a better overall picture of the truth.

Service is definitely a plus at the authorised resellers. For screen protectors and such though, I always figured you'd get the same experience if you buy it from somewhere else (even the online Apple store) then after that go down to the reseller and shop there
I usually have my screen protectors applied on the very same place as I bought the hardware and as for now, so far so gd. There was once when I bought the Glas.t tempered glass screen protector for my 4S at DG Vivo, it was meticulously applied but somehow one side (very small portion) didn't stick well even after being tried a couple of times and in the end, a brand new piece was taken and applied.

Sometimes it also depends on the person's skill in applying them, especially when the screen gets larger.
Old 20-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #996

epicentre 313 has stocks for 16gb black!! just bought there finally omg haha

wow....Congrats !!!!! Am looking 32G white. Any one come across for tis TOY.

Last edited by vee4044; 20-03-2013 at 05:03 PM..
vee4044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #997

ipad mini is still OSS? saw from their webby that they can ship within 24 hrs.
why not order from the website?
ssssh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #998
Arch-Supremacy Member

The mini should be readily available now.
Old 25-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #999

New iPad should be out soon.
kalasala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #1000

when mini ipad out?
ssssh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #1001

epicentre at ion has if you haven't gotten yet! just saw a few mins ago.
czhaa3664933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.